add LadderLongjumps to LJ records

Started by Grrr
10/06/2010 15:41
Page 1 of 2
Grrr10/06/2010 15:41(edited 10/06/2010 15:44)

Hi, I think that its a good sugestion to add ladderLJs to the LJ records (top5 is enough IMO). I know that u'll say that its a random technique.. but u won't be right, because how do u separate different techiques? IMO they are separated by:
-maximum possible prestrafe (299.999 for BHOP/CJ/DCJ/TCJ/..MCJ/WJ ; ~278.7 for LJ)
-maximum possible height (63 for CJ/DCJ/TCJ/MCJ/LJ/WJ and it varies for bhop cuz of fuser2)
-type of the jump (LJ prestrafe(ground-only) ; CJ prestrafe(ground, air) no fuser2 ; BHOP prestrafe (ground,air) with fuser2)

So u guys have got 3 techiques (LJ CJ and BHOP) each 1 with different maximum for prestrafe and different height difference - which means that each technique u picked up has its own limits.
Ladderlj has its own type and max for prestrafe(different from the others), it has own height (different from the others) so why don't u add it ? IMO the DCJ technique is even more random, because in this case u can add also TCJ and FCJ.. and etc because players can do whatever numbers of doubleducks they want, and still the limit would be as a CountJump with 299.999 prestrafe or WeirdJump with 299.999 prestrafe (because of the equal prestrafe and height limits). So think about it, IMO u need development :P

P.S.: Personally I prefer to see top3 or top5 with more techiques than top15-20 with only 3 techiques.

EDIT: okay I forgot to say about the high-jumps, doesn't matter :)

Cypek10/06/2010 16:20

Bad idea and imo ljs should be removed from xj. Just i think there should be only top3 of all current type of ljs.

kielorz10/06/2010 16:21

MCJ with four ducks isn't FCJ, it's Quadriple CJ :D but this doesn't matter

And I give my vote for this. But this should involve making new map for ladderljs(cuz in kz_longjumps2 its very easy to beat 170 block)

A3TIUS10/06/2010 18:13(edited 10/06/2010 18:41)

Agreed...Thats a very nice suggestion...
But what do you think of the following :

1. U-turn Jumps
2. Slide Long Jumps
3. Weird jumps

to be included in the XJ Record Section...

kREWAN10/06/2010 18:44(edited 10/06/2010 18:44)

Originally posted by A3T!U$`
Agreed...Thats a very nice suggestion...
But what do you think of the following :

1. U-turn Jumps
2. Slide Long Jumps
3. Weird jumps

to be included in the XJ Record Section...

No.

ot: I think it's a bad idea, because I hate ladder lj's....

not ot: I think you like the word "IMO"

Fliborecord holder Tournament #210/06/2010 18:59

I don't think it's there because it's a plain useless technique. I can't remember a single map which has an actual ladder longjump part in it. Bunnyhop, longjump and countjump have their own advantages though and some are better than others in specific situations, but I can't imagine a scene where ladder longjump would be advantageous.

beuhnoix10/06/2010 19:09

Originally posted by KZRA|Cypek
Bad idea and imo ljs should be removed from xj. Just i think there should be only top3 of all current type of ljs.


yep good idea :)

Grrr10/06/2010 20:58(edited 10/06/2010 21:01)

Originally posted by kREWAN
Originally posted by A3T!U$`
Agreed...Thats a very nice suggestion...
But what do you think of the following :

1. U-turn Jumps
2. Slide Long Jumps
3. Weird jumps

to be included in the XJ Record Section...

No.

ot: I think it's a bad idea, because I hate ladder lj's....

not ot: I think you like the word "IMO"


U-turn jumps is more like a trickjump, and also its random because for example if u cj 260 block and then do enough number of unducks to aviod fuser2 u'll do the same distance as previous, so its equal to (2xLJ without stopping), or if u do 1 unduck it would be like: longjump and then bhoplongjump.
Slide-longjumps can have random angles (on the slide) so it seems to be "random" too, unless theres official way to do the block (not jumping it, mapping it), but yeah its kinda interesting also. Look what I mean http://img718.imageshack.us/f/slidelj.png/ .
Weird Longjumps are the easier version for finding the limits of CJ/MCJ and etc, the problem is that theres no official number of the height u drop and the distance of the lower block http://img195.imageshack.us/f/96337324.png/ (the reason is that u may skip the edge or be few units before the edge while jumping) so the different blocks can be comfortable for the different players(like advantage/disatvantage).

kREWAN: I don't like the gay CJ blocks also, but I don't say anything about it, and IMO I think that u are right :D

Originally posted by Flibo
I don't think it's there because it's a plain useless technique. I can't remember a single map which has an actual ladder longjump part in it. Bunnyhop, longjump and countjump have their own advantages though and some are better than others in specific situations, but I can't imagine a scene where ladder longjump would be advantageous.


I also don't see wheres the advantage in doing CJ blocks like these on kz_ljs2 (no SCs and 1-2 trickjumps with the gay pre) and why doing highjumps when u can CJ them, and whats the advantage of the bhop longjump? (I know only shortcuts with ReverseBhop) so why the records aren't done on 20x20 units block reversebhop?
Maybe the reason is that not every map has ladders, but the same goes for the highjumps and bhop blocks(theres no bhop blocks on the default maps). Also there are existing ladderlj SCs and different tricks ( http://img256.imageshack.us/f/ladder1.png/ http://img28.imageshack.us/f/ladder2.png/ http://img689.imageshack.us/f/ladder3.png/ http://img685.imageshack.us/f/ladder4.png/ http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9497/ladder5.png http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3909/ladder6.png ) some of them may not look as a total "ladderlj" but why most of the ppl can't do them? maybe because they are some kind of LONGJUMPS :P

Cmon guys I see many communities developing (with different stuff which are missing here) and I feel like that If I enter here after 2 years I'll won't see anything new except the new records and the new maps.

hm^ mapper VIP10/06/2010 22:37

[blockquote]Bad idea and imo ljs should be removed from xj. Just i think there should be only top3 of all current type of ljs.[/blockquote]

+1

And give them Gold, Silver, Bronze for lj, cj, dcj, hj and bhoplj!!!
Maybe like the cupwinners, but only the sign in the onlinelist after the names.
That means 15 demos only for the future!
All this other s... is not needed, my opinion.

:)

A3TIUS11/06/2010 00:23

@ hm^

Roflmao...Well put... :up:

jigsaw22/06/2010 10:17

any admin's decision?

boom.dll22/06/2010 12:24

isn't it obvious that the change is made?
there is only 5 positions per category. and that's enough.

about the ladderlongjumps. unnecessary.
get over it.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #222/06/2010 13:07

Originally posted by IchWill
Originally posted by Flibo
I don't think it's there because it's a plain useless technique. I can't remember a single map which has an actual ladder longjump part in it. Bunnyhop, longjump and countjump have their own advantages though and some are better than others in specific situations, but I can't imagine a scene where ladder longjump would be advantageous.


I also don't see wheres the advantage in doing CJ blocks like these on kz_ljs2 (no SCs and 1-2 trickjumps with the gay pre) and why doing highjumps when u can CJ them, and whats the advantage of the bhop longjump? (I know only shortcuts with ReverseBhop) so why the records aren't done on 20x20 units block reversebhop?
Maybe the reason is that not every map has ladders, but the same goes for the highjumps and bhop blocks(theres no bhop blocks on the default maps). Also there are existing ladderlj SCs and different tricks ( http://img256.imageshack.us/f/ladder1.png/ http://img28.imageshack.us/f/ladder2.png/ http://img689.imageshack.us/f/ladder3.png/ http://img685.imageshack.us/f/ladder4.png/ http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9497/ladder5.png http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3909/ladder6.png ) some of them may not look as a total "ladderlj" but why most of the ppl can't do them? maybe because they are some kind of LONGJUMPS :P

Cmon guys I see many communities developing (with different stuff which are missing here) and I feel like that If I enter here after 2 years I'll won't see anything new except the new records and the new maps.

I'm aware of those ladder tricks, but I wouldn't really count them as ladder longjumps. I don't know, but some of them use different prestrafe as you would use in a kz_lj2 styled ladder longjump. More importantly, for example in the cs_militia trickjump, you do something like a 20 unit ladder longjump, right? I realize there is a height difference, but jumping on a 63 unit high block with LJ isn't considered as a LJ either. I still stand to what I said, ladder longjumps don't have much practical use.

Sure, it could and is fun to see how long you can jump with a ladder longjump, but I don't just see enough use for it for it to have world records. Another thing, the ladder longjumps are hidden in kz_longjumps2. That doesn't seem right.

I dont really cares about. But bad idea imo. Ladder longjump technique is more about hns.

Mephist719/07/2010 00:21

bad idea imo, ladders are not used in kz a lot

hm^ mapper VIP19/07/2010 18:05

Maybe close this thread?

kREWAN19/07/2010 19:39

Originally posted by hm^
Maybe close this thread?

+1

Strafe.tR20/07/2010 11:27

Originally posted by hm^
Maybe close this thread?


+100

HitManz Tournament #220/07/2010 12:38

Strafe why postin quoted posts?.You have like 15 posts and many of them are simply quoted.On topic:Give up on this idea guys.First of all think about the work the admins must do if ladder ljs and other things will be here.You think only about your pleasure and satisfaction sending demos but you don't even know how much it takes to check these demos.

Okey i will relive an old thread but i want to say that this is so strange imo. I can't understand why people don't want this technique official .__. For my point of view its a really great find of jumping. I have to say that 8ball1 made a great job adding there first ladder-jump blocks in lj2 map! And yes of course i think this technique should be official! Just make the LJ Tops not to TOP 5 but to TOP 3. This change would reduce demo checking and improving in TOP'S.I think now its really pointless to check demo for like 5th , 4th place ? And yeah i would agree with hm^ about the "medals" sounds cool (:

Btw we shouldn't forget WJ ! Its good technique too to add. I heard rumors that if someone do 274 Wj block XJ will add Weird Jump technique : o I hope its true!

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.