add LadderLongjumps to LJ records

Started by Grrr
10/06/2010 15:41
Page 2 of 2
Grrr29/05/2012 20:21

I don't know why do you guys think that its better to close a thread in suggestions forum instead a 500 pages spam thread about everyone's LJ stats, without posting any good arguments but just oppinions.
Anyways lets look to the other view point, shall we?
If its very hard for admins to check lj demos why don't we remove the more useless LJ techniques and stick to the best ones:
Multi-Countjumping gives the best stats and block results, skips the edgefriction, doesnt have fuser2 (no height loss).
The only kind of block which is "hard/impossible" to perform with MCJ is the random bhop blocks which are unseen in default non-kz/climb/hns maps.
So why don't we keep top5 for MCJ and SBJ technique - this will reduce admin work and the useless LJ-ing on 257 block, which is ez to CJ/MCJ (even noduck).
If adding new techniques based on different type of prestrafe, height and obviously not random, with different possible WR than other techniques (like I was saying WJrec=MCJrec) won't help - why don't remove the useless ones? I just don't get it - its like "lets stick to the techniques that are easy for us/we like and ignore others"

r4xe12/06/2012 13:07

Originally posted by Flibo
I don't think it's there because it's a plain useless technique. I can't remember a single map which has an actual ladder longjump part in it. Bunnyhop, longjump and countjump have their own advantages though and some are better than others in specific situations, but I can't imagine a scene where ladder longjump would be advantageous.

True it's not that useful.

mF^12/06/2012 15:41

Lol. As you said, Grrr, nothing's changed here after 2 years :)
And I vote Yes for new techniques on lj page, but obviosly nobody cares about that. )

Alphaz12/06/2012 16:49(edited 12/06/2012 16:51)

Phinx, im not sure if they will add it. It's probably just a rumour. There is few people in XJ that already said longjump section is useless and its not "part of kreedz". Somehow i agree, cyclopp have explained about how we "deleted" ljs from kreedz. We can see 5 techniques and all of them are on kz_longjumps2. If they dont want to add weirdjumps page then add ladderjumps cuz its on kz_longjumps2 too.

Probably you guys dont want to add WeirdJump or LadderJump section because of there wont be any guy who will check demos. It's obvious eDark won't check all demos regular every 1 month~.
There would few cheaters in top5, but guys lol... who cares? Let these idiots be on the site. If there would be any bigger rumour and many people would have say that someone in top is cheater, that would be a time for eDark to check the demo.

I have thought about how we pushed back longjumps from kreedz scene too, and imo its a good way to make a place for it again :P (damn my english)

tisha12/06/2012 18:10

Originally posted by Phinx
Okey i will relive an old thread but i want to say that this is so strange imo. I can't understand why people don't want this technique official .__. For my point of view its a really great find of jumping. I have to say that 8ball1 made a great job adding there first ladder-jump blocks in lj2 map! And yes of course i think this technique should be official! Just make the LJ Tops not to TOP 5 but to TOP 3. This change would reduce demo checking and improving in TOP'S.I think now its really pointless to check demo for like 5th , 4th place ? And yeah i would agree with hm^ about the "medals" sounds cool (:

Btw we shouldn't forget WJ ! Its good technique too to add. I heard rumors that if someone do 274 Wj block XJ will add Weird Jump technique : o I hope its true!

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.