kzro_dahnajourney

Started by Puppey
19/07/2010 23:59
Read-Only
Page 1 of 2
Puppey19/07/2010 23:59(edited 29/07/2010 22:58)

So.. uhm, I think I've waited long enough for some1 to nominate this cool lookin' map.
This map reminds me of sandblock2 not only by its textures?/ambient, but also by its hard (kinda the same difficulty) and rather innovative jumpz.
I'm not rly sure who deserves most of the credit for creating this beautiful piece of art, cuz in the description on cosy-climbing u can see that the maps author is snoop-_- , but if u actually start the map u'll see that there were a lot more ppl involved in making this sexy map. (sry if i'm wrong here)

- author: snoop-_- (I guess)

- challenge: hard/extreme

- download linkzor: http://www.multiupload.com/N23YBJZE61

I hope I haven't missed anything of greater importance. have phun

p.s. D2B gogo

edit: Here's the improved version of sn00pz map http://www.multiupload.com/UX1DQV2VWY
Have fun jumpin'!

daza mapper20/07/2010 00:53

This map is one of my favourite hard maps! It has well thuoght jumps, a nice design (more or less), and doing a run without checkpoints will be a challenge to most players out there! The only thing that isnt the best in the map is the fps. Atleast if you stand on top of the map.

A big YES to make this map official and i advice everyone else to try the map!!! :) :) :)

go0dfell20/07/2010 01:03

say YES cuz love theme of map, nice jumps, hard level, and fps

pLaguE^20/07/2010 01:07

I loved the textures and the design... a spectacular looking map. Sick jumps, some very hard ones. Although a lot of people won't be able to beat it, i still enjoy very much. Good job whoever made this (I'm guessing snoop).

A big yes from me!

Here's some things that might need changing:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/236/kzrodahnajourney0000.png - you can get stuck here
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8988/kzrodahnajourney0001.png - risky ass jump
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5631/kzrodahnajourney0002.png - sorta easy but in a run risky jump also
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4144/kzrodahnajourney0004.png - another risky jump

kafds20/07/2010 01:18

I hope it will become an official map, its not just a great map jumpwise, but also has a wonderful design and a proper theme. Hard maps are always great because most of them will always have something to improve on, so they will never die like some of the easier ones.

Some people do, however, have some FPS-problems in this map. Personally I have no problems and my computer isn't anything spectacular. I would give it a YES.

D2B20/07/2010 02:24(edited 20/07/2010 02:26)

thx Puppey :D, i love this map, is beautiful, the textures and desing are perfect for me :), the jumps are hard/xtreme, the final jump and duck-bhop jump in the end of the first block are awesome, not if you fail that jumps :D, i think this map will become an official map

A BIG YES

Keo mapper20/07/2010 03:23

YES from me too. The map has a lot of interesting and cool jumps which makes it fun to play, although it is ranked as hard/extreme. The looks are good too.
The only thing that bothers me and a lot of players out there is the fps which drops dramatically if you're on top of the map.
And of course, there are some risky jumps but, wth...no pain no gain.

|Hunter|20/07/2010 16:33

I vote yes for this map. It's hard but is cool and you need a really high skill to finish it without cp's. So let's see the XJ pro's doin' it.
Only one problem: in some points there are fps drops.

Phoogy20/07/2010 23:07

Finally some1 nominated this map. The map is truly amazing shit, with awesome and some new jumps. The textures and the design are sick even though at some points i had fps drops.
nonetheless I'd give this map a big YES.

sn00p mapper20/07/2010 23:23(edited 21/07/2010 00:06)

Ty guys. I'll update the map then and we'll see wut happens :) Trough not everybody have fps problems but still.

CoMMoN21/07/2010 06:10

nice looking map, not that extreme imo, but it`s decently hard, would like to see a wr on this :D
also, the fact that it`s been rejected due to difficulty some years ago, seems pathetic, since it`s not that hard, and it wasn`t years ago either

YES

kzuq`MaD mapper21/07/2010 09:57

I love this map! It's one of my favourite hard maps, because map has a good textures, nice jumps and it is just a good map ;)
My vote is Yes.

Talent Cacalau21/07/2010 10:56

I vote yes... nice tehnique jumps, the texture are ok but i guess it will be a problem to no cp it :D the name fits too...
so, YES!

NeWrecord holder Tournament #121/07/2010 12:15

the map is great..i tried it a couple of times,the jumps are great so i vote YES

geddyK21/07/2010 13:40(edited 21/07/2010 21:03)

[XJ] You finished the map in: 33:42.69! Congratulations. (with a broken mouse + with about 15 cp xD)

I love this map so much that I want to this map that belonged to me, but unfortunately doesn't belong :D

First of all, I would like to congrats mapper, who made this wonderful map to sn00p -.- Big respect aswell great work! ;)

Secondly, map is fantastically designed, has the amazing atmosphere, nice themes, simply great architecture and so on... Only a damage that this map isn't for me to do any WR. Just I've no chance :( But it's OK.

Thirdly, map is designed for players such as zhady, Cypek or Koukouz, etc. Only for their. Not for average players. And I want to see who the first move the map without the cp and at WHAT TIME? I will wonder over this :D Of course as the most buy this map and I want to see in an offcial XJ mappack.

I vote is for a big Yes!


P.S: What happened with your upcoming map: kzro_deathtales. I waited from a long time for this map and probably not get a...

koukouz mapperrecord holder21/07/2010 14:18

So... this is one more very good extreme block map. Can't say more than in the previous post.
The map is beautiful indeed, but if you could change this water texture http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/236/kzrodahnajourney0000.png it would be really awesome, because the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was "this map is ugly", fortunately when there is no water the map looks good (maybe too much of kz_kzsca_oasis).

You got my positive vote though, still hope you will change the water texture

SvP21/07/2010 17:05

i will vote YES simply because i love the challenge of hard maps. I like the textures on this map and the jumps that come with it. The only problem is that i have low fps on it, but that's because of my PC i'm sure of it. Anyway, hope this map will be accepted as an official map :D.

@geddyK, deathtales will be released by sn00p this fall :P.

sn00p mapper21/07/2010 20:08(edited 21/07/2010 21:34)

Okey guys, almost fixed ( hope so ), including FPS/Stuck place ( the one from pLaguE post ). Due FPS issue I had to remove the fake water ( and func_water in the old version ).

There are some little environmental changes, nothing major ofc. Removed also the null bug which been on map since It was first time released lol.

From here you can download the new version http://www.multiupload.com/N23YBJZE61

There's also a lil easter egg on map, nothing hard to find :)

HF and thanks to all <3

@ geddyK Fall 2010 :)

Finally, It got nominated :) It is one of my favorite hard maps. Really enjoy playing it. I like the jumps, atmosphere, textures, and I just like it ;) And I also totally agree with pLaguE to fix that risky jumps.

YES.

Sitka21/07/2010 23:47

The map has a great atmosphere, and the jumps are really fun, i vote yes cause i think this map got what it takes to be on the recording list

Page 1 of 2