kzus_snowtemple *UPDATE WITH DL LINK, TEX SOU

Started by Timmycakes mapper
08/08/2010 01:40
Page 1 of 2
Timmycakes mapper08/08/2010 01:40(edited 19/08/2010 18:11)

*************UPDATE - TEXTURE SOUNDS INCLUDED**************


DL link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cfhxrx

Oh ya, and remember: this is just for fun! if the textures dont match or the theme is bad, you are looking TOO DEEP into it! i'm not gonna submit it so it doesnt have to look perfect :p

Screens:
http://i36.tinypic.com/ip5x1d.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2dm9w5x.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2d27vch.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/b85pfr.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/kalb0o.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ntxo47.jpg (this will be brighter dont worry)

http://i33.tinypic.com/11m5380.jpg (odd angle sry)

pLaguE^08/08/2010 01:46

Honestly it's looking pretty uber, can't wait to play it(yes?)

kunqui08/08/2010 03:21(edited 08/08/2010 03:22)

Is it 100% done?
Because I can't see where the jumps are...
btw This map looks awesome as your last works.
Keep it going

Timmycakes mapper08/08/2010 03:49

no its not. i cant tell u how close to being done it is cuz i am making it up as i go along. i will go as long as my creativity lets me :P or as long as hammer will let me. whichever comes first

sn00p mapper08/08/2010 13:22

Dude, I like how it looks. Go hammer.exe :D

koukouz mapperrecord holder08/08/2010 14:19

looks very cool indeed, the only part I don't like is the 3rd pick, there is something really odd but I can't say if it's some of the textures or the way you built it :S

remake08/08/2010 14:40

Looks pretty nice, but I don't like that you've cared that much about small details (realistic snow) while most of everything else around is just an empty space.

1st screen - too much emptyness around.
3rd screen - bad lighting.
5th screen - too dark?

perd0 mapper08/08/2010 17:27(edited 08/08/2010 17:27)

Look timmy, its little bit difficult to create a name for u (at least for me) cause we can see only few screenshots from many areas (completely different areas!)
So please if you can, post here something about, where the map is situated, what are these underground areas etc .. Then we will try to create a name for it (if you want you can use pm system and if you want some testers i can be one of them, i have nothing to do these days)

Punk^08/08/2010 21:05

While looking the screens, I got the feeling that it was some kind of temple located in the mountains, and the name arctictemple came to me? Not sure if I'm right, but post some more info, and perhaps another screen or two, to get us going :)
Looking good though, but also, I have to agree a little with koukouz, there's something weird in the third screen. I think it's the architecture of the jumps and the texture of it. (Dosen't seem to fit in?)

Timmycakes mapper08/08/2010 22:22

about the infamous "3rd pic textures", they are to MY liking so i dont think they are gonna change, sorry =p ill hold off on any more updates till its done...

remember its just for fun! it doesnt need to be perfect. im not gonna submit it

perd0 mapper09/08/2010 03:02

definitely you should try to get a custom tag for this, it would be nice finally see good custom map released.
(there are few but there is not lot of them)

Timmycakes mapper18/08/2010 02:29

UPDATE

Dacca18/08/2010 13:28

One of the best maps I've ever played!

w1zzrecord holder18/08/2010 14:49

Just wow . Why don't you want to submit it?

-STK-18/08/2010 14:50

really great map , i like the snow theme and if you're not gonna submit it to xj then go up it to cosy-climbing ! there are rarely nice maps , i think yours is gonna take the first place :)

Punk^18/08/2010 19:42(edited 18/08/2010 20:15)

First thing that came to my mind - snow sound while running on snow? would be nice :-)
Playing the map as I write this, so I will update as I go along.

EDIT:
Just played it through, really enjoyable map timmy :-) Two things, lots of the surfaces of the jumps are not covered in snow, while the ground is - just to add some realism, you should add snow on the jumps too (just the top) second was this. Kinda hard to see (especially since I don't remember what it's called in hammer) but the "bottom" is missing of that step.
Didn't find any big sc's. Lots of lightbugs though ;-) I guess you know them yourselves. Have fun finishing the map timmy, looking forward to playing the final version.

Timmycakes mapper18/08/2010 20:52(edited 18/08/2010 20:53)

ahh yes thank u for the bug punk. i can do snow noises for foot steps i suppose. as for the tops of the jumps, if i make the tops of the jumps all snow then everything will blend together and it will be difficult to see where the jump ends :p plus that would look kinda boring, u know? just white everywhere :p

Punk^18/08/2010 21:09

Okay Timmy, I'd definetly like the noises :-) And yeah, you're probably right, it would just blend in ;-)
Anyways, I'll either update this post or just reply if I something else :-)

Timmycakes mapper18/08/2010 22:21

i just changed the sounds so the snow sounds like snow and metal sounds like metal and dirt sounds like dirt :) so ill update the download link a little later.

eeK19/08/2010 12:20

Finished in 26mins with cp's. (first run) :D . I liked the map, cool atmosphere, the jums very pretty nice, one room i didn't like the waterfall room (whatever you call it). Overall, it's a nice long map. Would be nice to see this map in the record list :)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.