kzus_snowtemple *UPDATE WITH DL LINK, TEX SOU

Started by Timmycakes mapper
08/08/2010 01:40
Page 2 of 2
Punk^19/08/2010 12:39

Cool, thanks Timmy. Updated the link yet? 'cause then I'm going through it once again.

Timmycakes mapper19/08/2010 18:01

ok punk, the link has been updated :P

koukouz mapperrecord holder19/08/2010 19:26(edited 19/08/2010 19:28)

Just went through the map for the first time, I gotta say I loved it, like all your previous works btw. I think you got a great imagination, there were many pleasant details/ideas that were unseen before, jumps were very good, not easy, but not too hard.
The few negative things I could say that might be improved => - There is a torch surrounded by a teleport to avoid a sc, I think you should just make it transparent and remove the teleport.
- The choice of the boarder texture on the outside platforms doesn't fit, imo, but if you don't want to change it then np. Or then I was wondering if it wasn't the combination of a wooden texture for the beam that carries the platform, and this metal boarder.
- The very last stages seemed to be a bit too plain, like in these very oldschool block maps. I think it's a pitty, when all the previous stages had an interesting architecture.
- Some shapes on the start ground + few details like trees or whatever you like could be added, because it feels a bit empty as it is now.

Though I'm not sure if you finished it or not, looking forward to it. But it's a great work at the moment, keep it up! I'm conscious you said it's a map for fun, but when you build a map with such potential, it would be sad not to submit it to xj with a full map, because the way you want it to be will just lead to a forgotten map. Anyway, if you don't submit it, I would for sure nominate it :)

hm^ mapper VIP19/08/2010 20:36

damn, is that map good....
Can´t wait for final release Timmy.
gj

Timmycakes mapper19/08/2010 22:18

dang kkz :p thats awful nice of u to say haha.

about the end stages: i had written on the very first post that i got lazy and will probably re-do them, but i accidentally erased it when i updated it. so i will be sure to change the last parts. i dont like the way it looks either ><

about the torch: the reason why it has a teleporter is on the off chance that someone will try to use the torch (which is already func_illusionary) as a shortcut. again, ALL torches are alread func_illusionary, i just wanted to give "glitchers" who try to SC it a second chance :p but removing the teleporter isnt a bad idea.

i was never good at atmospheric details, which is partly why the map itself is rather plain =/ but ill keep thinking of little extras to put in. (speaking of extras, there will be a minimap or something somewhere)

Punk^19/08/2010 22:29

Make it snow outside, ambience sound (wind, torches, whatever) etc., just one of those would make the map have a lot more character. Also just finished the map again - way better with the sounds added :-) Still can't find any bugs nor sc's really.

Timmycakes mapper19/08/2010 22:42

lol well the torches have a crackle sound, there're cave sounds and stuff :p i wanna make it snow but the stupid env_snow wont work -__-

Punk^19/08/2010 23:26

I guess that pendulum was playing to loud for me to hear that :-p
And make a thread in the map help section :-) GET IT WORKING! ;-)

Dacca19/08/2010 23:56

make the bhop part longer

xPaw mapper20/08/2010 14:01

Originally posted by Timmycakes
lol well the torches have a crackle sound, there're cave sounds and stuff :p i wanna make it snow but the stupid env_snow wont work -__-

It probably it doesn't work because SKY brush should be with sky texture on all sides :p I had same problem some while ago..

I played this map and i enyojed it! Keep on doing this dude

add fade into snow texture here (like kz_adventure2 if im right) to look much better: http://i36.tinypic.com/1zzi3rb.png
null-bug: http://i35.tinypic.com/f5ah2.png

Timmycakes mapper20/08/2010 17:34(edited 20/08/2010 17:45)

ohh ok that makes sense cause the bottm isnt "skied" so ill give that a go. and yeah that stone-to-snow transition never looked right to me either ill see what i can do to make it look better

EDIT: yeah i tried putting a sky texture on the ground of the map and still no snow. ill post about it in help section

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.