Live-Streams?

Started by volte
22/08/2010 02:31
Page 1 of 2
volte22/08/2010 02:31

Well, I know it's hard to do something like that, but wouldn't it be highly entertaining to have like a Live-Stream with some kinda funny moderator (LET'S FIND ONE WHO WANTS TO DO THIS) who watches recorder recording on some maps?

I guess for many motivated, new people out there its hard to ever spec some pro in his World Records attempts... and like this they would get a chance if some Moderator, who, as mentioned before, streams the runs and commentating them a little bit...
well, just post your opinion

Murvelman22/08/2010 02:58

It would be popular, that's for sure.

remake22/08/2010 10:26

Only with HLTV.

200622/08/2010 10:38

hmm, commentating? imo it would be better to keep it simple, otherwise, it's a great idea

w1zzrecord holder22/08/2010 12:03

ofc it's only possible with hltv remake. But this is a good idea and I guess there will be guys out there that want to entertain the others with funny comments. And I don't think it's really hard to do either.

volte22/08/2010 14:00

why only hltv?

DiDo-Grecord holder22/08/2010 15:06(edited 22/08/2010 15:06)

cauze this is the only program that can make live stream for many people in counter-strike

volte22/08/2010 16:13

maybe just stream on a website?

remake22/08/2010 16:37

I doubt live-stream is possible.. maybe only with some 3rd party programs (which I'm not sure that even exist).

faker mapper22/08/2010 17:03(edited 22/08/2010 17:04)

Yeah, live streaming is possible with a special hardware and 3rd party programs. Our partner own3d.tv is going to provide such equipment for us in the future (will be implemented in their new website, which is about to come), so some sort of live streams are going to happen in the future (can't tell when it is going to happen yet though).

The commenting on record demos is a great idea :)

I had a similar one, like having the XJ weekly show each weekend for 1-2 hours with a live show, and the rest of the week the stream will show a loop of ROTW's and other cool record/battle movies or kz movies, this way it's like an own tv channel over the internet with one (or maybe even more, depends on the moderators) live show.

The first thing we needed to do is finding a good moderator, preferable a guy with great english skills, a clear pronunciation and some talent for making a good live show (a shy moderator will be pretty uninteresting I guess).

A3TIUS22/08/2010 18:48(edited 22/08/2010 18:49)

I think this is an awesome idea :) It would ofc serve the following purposes :

1. Promotion of kz amongst the newer members specially, who are not privileged enough to watch a WR being made live. I know I missed it a lot as a newcomer.

2. Even for the dedicated WR followers (the ones who watch evry single WR demo every week) it would be pretty interesting way of watching demos.

But...

1. its really tough to find motivated guys who are not only humorous and well-versed in Englished with a good and decent accent. Guy like Vodka Boy (I love his sense of humor and his classic comments :P) who are also good at live commentary (I love akkord's voice :P) are always tough to find together with all the characteristics.

2. Most of the WR recorders may not be comfortable with the live show cuz sometimes it does hamper your concentration when you are aware of the fact that it is streamed live. Dunno how many would agree to that

akkord mapper22/08/2010 18:57

hmm justin.tv livestream wouldnt work?

volte22/08/2010 18:58

That's what I meant. Even though there are some good english speaking nice people out there, it's hard to motivate them for doing such a thing.

And I think about the WR recorders, I guess they don't really care, because infact they dont know how many people are watching them right now. And I remember hel having twenty specs without even caring about them and 26 having like twentyfive specs aswell without caring. I guess for routined players it may not be such a big problem.

DiDo-Grecord holder22/08/2010 19:00

lol the commentator idea is uber :)

volte22/08/2010 19:01

yeah akkord thats what im thinking about too. there are more pages like this

koukouz mapperrecord holder25/08/2010 21:28(edited 25/08/2010 21:28)

The problem with a commentator is that he has to be connected at the same time as a player who is recording a map. I don't know whether it's a BIG problem or not but there might be some issues at times.
Otherwise I like this idea

Vee mapper VIP27/08/2010 22:20

So it's settled, koukouz records and I comment his fails. Ready?

koukouz mapperrecord holder28/08/2010 01:47

Originally posted by Vee
So it's settled, koukouz records and I comment his fails. Ready?


Sorry, I think your jokes aren't funny for most of the people :/

Pqst`28/08/2010 03:58

Originally posted by koukouz
Originally posted by Vee
So it's settled, koukouz records and I comment his fails. Ready?


Sorry, I think your jokes aren't funny for most of the people :/

pwnd

zgooh28/08/2010 04:18

Looks cool :)
Pwned vee :p

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.