vanilla | Liberation [RESTARTED & PAUSED]

Started by CamelCloudrecord holder
20/10/2010 19:07
Page 1 of 3
CamelCloudrecord holder20/10/2010 19:07(edited 24/11/2010 21:31)

Title: vanilla | Liberation

• Project status: ?

• Moviemaking experiece and self-presentation:Well, my name is CamelCloud, and I have been editing for about 2 years, I think. Started late 2008 with Call of Duty movies, and intros in Adobe After Effects, and moved on from there to CS / KZ. And I'm not putting much weight on the difficulity on the trickjumps, because you can consider this as a training for my editing.


• Type of the movie: Single player movie, with a lot of variation from vanilla.


• Description of your project: The "style" of the movie is going to be a bit "darkish" I guess, a little bit of darker looking color correction and effects. The music I'm going to use is some chill instrumental music, I won't use dubstep due to the overuse, in my opinion.


• Moviemaking facts: I am using HLAE, VirtualDub, Sony Vegas 9.0 and Adobe After Effects. I am going to use the masking technique a lot in this movie, and the recording fps is at 300.

• Teaser: ?

• Request: I would like to know where to find the XJ intro, PM me.

• Screenshots: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7307/screenshot40x.png

geddyK20/10/2010 20:19

I must say that the first screen look stylish. Colours are OK, stars? are nice too. Waitng for a whole movie. I'm curious. Good luck! :)

gizpo_O20/10/2010 20:23

XJ intro? I doubt you aren't allowed to use it, if you mean the intro which is in rotw clips.. looking good, but imo you should use more fps than 120. 200-300 is good in kz clips.

Could you post your youtube account or previous works? I'd like to see them! : P

CamelCloudrecord holder20/10/2010 20:29(edited 20/10/2010 20:31)

www.youtube.com/user/CamelCloud

I was just curious because I've seen it in some movies, and thanks :)

A3TIUS21/10/2010 07:32

I think for using XJ intro you either have to be an official movie-maker or take prior permission from the management crew..

Anyways, good luck with your movie. I like your style. Hope to see a spectacular movie from you :)

CamelCloudrecord holder21/10/2010 07:33

I understand, and thank you, aiming for 15% on the movie today :)

sPADERâ™ 21/10/2010 12:26

looks intresting cant wait to see the complete work :D

sk0r21/10/2010 14:04

looks sweet..

DiDo-Grecord holder21/10/2010 15:13

well done CamelCloud I have watched other movies by you and I am impressed. It is nice to see that there are so creative newcomers in this site like you.

CamelCloudrecord holder23/10/2010 12:10

Thank you all. Having trouble with the plug-ins that are used in the demos, they seem to not allow me to make functioning campaths.. Not sure what will happen.

gizpo_O25/10/2010 16:55

more screenshots plox!

jusuuh28/10/2010 21:21(edited 28/10/2010 21:23)

can't believe you have been moviemaking for a longer time.

first, the basics lessons number one.

1. use anti-aliasing - quality of edges is terrible and can't believe you seriously gonna finish this movie without anti-aliasing

2. turn up other quality setting to top tho, it looks much better trust me.

3. fps please 200-600, 120 is nothing in counter-strike.

make those before starting moviemaking, or don't know did cod have auto aa system there.

but otherwise about screenshot, doesn't look intersting so much but the overlay looks nice.

Lazze28/10/2010 23:35

Originally posted by jusuuh
1. use anti-aliasing - quality of edges is terrible and can't believe you seriously gonna finish this movie without anti-aliasing

2. turn up other quality setting to top tho, it looks much better trust me.


I just want to point out, that anti-aliasing was clearly used here, but properly on a lower level, I don't know. If you take a look at the edges on the rocks in the background, they look perfectly fine. The quality looks good too, I think its a matter of colors ;)

jusuuh29/10/2010 17:30

Don't know those textures might be unsharp so that's why. Max 2x anti-aliasing but i tested that too and looked better with knife's edges :o

CamelCloudrecord holder29/10/2010 21:32

The middle of the screen has a adjustment layer with sharpen on, so that might be the reason. And thank you for the tips.

200629/10/2010 23:17

Looking forward to see more pics. :up:

CamelCloudrecord holder30/10/2010 11:14(edited 30/10/2010 11:14)

They'll come soon enough, I'm just struggling with the plug-ins that he has used in the demos.

CamelCloudrecord holder30/10/2010 21:33

Sorry about doublepost ~

New screenshot added, and it is 10% now :)

200630/10/2010 21:39

220 BHLJ ;)? Anyways the screen looks awesome, too bad it's only 10% :D

CamelCloudrecord holder31/10/2010 09:32

It is sideways, but as I mention - don't look to much on the skills - I am doing this so I can show some of my skills, and get some of the better jumpers in my next movie(s).

And, I'm going for 20% today. Been streching it out for too long now :P

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.