Question: "New hj technique?" by Pu

Started by jack frog
23/10/2010 01:11
Page 2 of 2
MuscLe08/12/2010 22:37

Bibo did it!

kREWAN08/12/2010 23:08(edited 09/12/2010 15:21)

Originally posted by MuscLe
Bibo did it!

That is so old and unnecessary...

ot: Still waiting for that demo...

skR'08/12/2010 23:38(edited 08/12/2010 23:44)

i did a crappy map so you train this technique..

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25609101/hjtest.rar

jack frog11/12/2010 22:32(edited 11/12/2010 22:32)

Thanks alot for that detailled post, FoF! The theory is very intresting. Let's start geeking B)

FoF mapper12/12/2010 14:27

Originally posted by tjubby
If someone made new hj blocks like u showed on the picture fof it can be interesting :).

I could make random map fastly.

jack frog12/12/2010 14:53(edited 12/12/2010 14:58)

I think this was a very good discovery and I'm glad I've brought up the discussion from 2007 again :D

I made a small documentation about it's official discoverer, some discussions and the theory part. Click on the title to go to the entire thread, click on the link beneath each quote to go straight to the original posting. Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?za0nl950tiz2hff

FoF mapper12/12/2010 15:39(edited 12/12/2010 15:49)

made 210-259 units map quickly with probably better blocks.
fof_betaHJblocks
download:
sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vp1b9
rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/#!download|301l3|436483040|fof_betaHJblocks.rar|1452
pics:
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4559/fofbetahjblocks0000.png
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9465/fofbetahjblocks0001.png

Chichin mapperrecord holder12/12/2010 16:02

Good work fof!

V0ncH...13/12/2010 01:52(edited 13/12/2010 01:54)

old tech, done like 220hj with 222 stats, but its too hard to try with like 245hj etc.

opa16/12/2010 14:13(edited 16/12/2010 14:15)

Originally posted by FoF
another thing I had in head for a long time was a block type. I remember it was so difficult to get a decent speed if you wanna jump with a small angle. Therefore I was thinking about such blocks or smth: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2249/blocktype.png

This way could get you a better result but it would be useless in most of the regular climb maps because the point where you start your prestrafe is way closer to the target block edge. When you think of it though, hj is actually not useful anywhere at all since discovery of countjump :)
Anyway, this is a really well-made observation which, if applied the way you mentioned, could lead to better highjump distances. Good job man :)

pLaguE^16/12/2010 14:25

Originally posted by MuscLe
Bibo did it!

I smell a big fat warning

zteuq16/12/2010 14:25(edited 16/12/2010 14:25)

Originally posted by V0ncH...
old tech, done like 220hj with 222 stats, but its too hard to try with like 245hj etc.


You can do up to 235? block with like 250 pre and 235 stats with 0 jumpoff so under 240hj this technique is pointless :P.

Juice16/12/2010 16:58(edited 22/08/2019 10:11)

xd

Risible Ripple16/12/2010 21:26

Originally posted by FoF
made 210-259 units map quickly with probably better blocks.
fof_betaHJblocks
download:
sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vp1b9
rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/#!download|301l3|436483040|fof_betaHJblocks.rar|1452
pics:
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4559/fofbetahjblocks0000.png
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/9465/fofbetahjblocks0001.png

I dreamed about blocks similar to those, when i tried hj blocks :D

Juice22/08/2019 10:16(edited 22/08/2019 10:23)

Have a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/of60rojjrb1ibhx/246_hj_juice_0.34speed.dem.zip?dl=0
I found this really weird way to prestrafe about 2 years ago. First two strafes are so hard to hit I had to make the game run 3 times slower, but the result is funny: 246 block with 252.6-ish distance, 6.2-ish jumpoff and 269 pre.

Image

mF^22/08/2019 14:16

Originally posted by Juice ._.
...

It looks pretty much the same as RR did on 245.
Obviously you can get less joff/better strafes with slowmo or scripts, but I don't see any significant difference there. Now go get it with legit settings, that will be interesting :)

Juice23/08/2019 13:55

yeah except you don't need to hit 258 stats to actually beat anything

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.