Describe your country with one word.

Started by DiDo-Grecord holder
02/12/2010 18:37
Page 5 of 13
ndR moviemaker Tournament #204/12/2010 22:29

I agree about the uber good colleges, but they're only for rich people :/... Who can even afford 10,000$ / year? And I know most of the other ones are more expansive.

I study at one of the best university in France and one of the oldest of Europe... I pay 350 € / year.

CamelCloudrecord holder04/12/2010 22:36

Yeah, their colleges are for rich families that just have money to spend on whatever they want. And the scholarships they get don't help out too much. The reason why it's so expensive is because the colleges are private.

Luckily in Norway, this last year it became free to study, and the books became free as well.

owned04/12/2010 22:57

Yea it is quite pricey, it's $40k a year for the private university I go to, but with scholarships and grants my family only pays $10k a year. I know a student who has a 95% scholarship to go to my university so they only pay about $2k a year. My university has one of the best financial aide packages though.

akM04/12/2010 23:00

Originally posted by ndR
I agree about the uber good colleges, but they're only for rich people :/... Who can even afford 10,000$ / year? And I know most of the other ones are more expansive.

I study at one of the best university in France and one of the oldest of Europe... I pay 350 € / year.


holy shit €350 is cheap as hell..

ndR moviemaker Tournament #204/12/2010 23:10

Originally posted by akM
Originally posted by ndR
I agree about the uber good colleges, but they're only for rich people :/... Who can even afford 10,000$ / year? And I know most of the other ones are more expansive.

I study at one of the best university in France and one of the oldest of Europe... I pay 350 € / year.


holy shit €350 is cheap as hell..


I had to work hard at highschool though, to be selected among the 50 students picked in France every year ^^
In French universities you only pay registration fees, I still had to pay my books myself but that's not so much.

zhady Tournament #204/12/2010 23:25

And I study at a university in Sweden and I dont pay nothing, however I get about €4k for studying.

CamelCloudrecord holder04/12/2010 23:26

Originally posted by zhady
And I study at a university in Sweden and I dont pay nothing, however I get about €4k for studying.


Same in Norway.

Nikša Jovanovic05/12/2010 02:45

Originally posted by owned
BetterEducatedThanMostOthers

The authority does not allow me to comment on this, sorry , Ill just go with this ":(".

Krzywy05/12/2010 03:07

beer

peavey05/12/2010 11:36

hot chicks

DarkSideBv05/12/2010 21:32

interesting

niel06/12/2010 14:29(edited 06/12/2010 14:29)

beachs / expensive

Originally posted by ndR
Originally posted by akM
Originally posted by ndR
I agree about the uber good colleges, but they're only for rich people :/... Who can even afford 10,000$ / year? And I know most of the other ones are more expansive.

I study at one of the best university in France and one of the oldest of Europe... I pay 350 € / year.


holy shit €350 is cheap as hell..


I had to work hard at highschool though, to be selected among the 50 students picked in France every year ^^
In French universities you only pay registration fees, I still had to pay my books myself but that's not so much.


in portugal i pay 997.00 € / year more house, alimentation, material ... (500 € / month) i will study more 5 years :S Portugal is a expensive country

[RO]_BroNx06/12/2010 19:10

piece of shit

opa06/12/2010 21:34(edited 06/12/2010 21:37)

Americans are really retarded in general (I DO NOT MEAN ALL OF THEM). Just because this country has power it doesn't mean it is highly educated... The education system here is just awful (unless you are rich), e.g. when I started 11th grade I had to redo stuff that I learned in 6th-7th grade in Lithuania... And 70% of the students in classes still had a hard time learning that stuff (even though this school is ranked high amongst public NYC schools). Don't know much about colleges yet, but my first and main impression is that USA does not give a fuck about education, if anyone wants to succeed here, they have to work their asses of without any help.

DiDo-Grecord holder06/12/2010 21:42

LOL dudes , trust me I tought this thread will be a fail , but it has alot of comments!

PepoMerca06/12/2010 22:05

Originally posted by ndR
Netherland: coffee shops


heheheh :D

akM06/12/2010 22:55

stop hatin

pLaguE^06/12/2010 23:46

Originally posted by opa
Americans are really retarded in general (I DO NOT MEAN ALL OF THEM). Just because this country has power it doesn't mean it is highly educated... The education system here is just awful (unless you are rich), e.g. when I started 11th grade I had to redo stuff that I learned in 6th-7th grade in Lithuania... And 70% of the students in classes still had a hard time learning that stuff (even though this school is ranked high amongst public NYC schools). Don't know much about colleges yet, but my first and main impression is that USA does not give a fuck about education, if anyone wants to succeed here, they have to work their asses of without any help.

That's how it is a lot of places, not just the US.

Education here is more of an achievement you strive to be good at, nothing here in America comes easy, working hard is huge part of being smart, most people who are "retarded" here, are mainly poor/people who don't really care. Being rich/wealthy has some to do with it, but it's mainly hard work and you feel your life opportunities and not laying back and waiting for things to come to you. America actually has one of the better education systems, but there are flaws. I'm hoping it changes, but I doubt anytime soon.

The reason people from other countries think we're retarded or whatever, only see the negative side of America. The media has a very large part to do with it. They go in the streets finding people to ask questions (dumb questions at the most) they either find smart people or dumb people. A lot of the time the questions asked, aren't really something your gonna know when put on the spot. The people that answer the questions correctly they just edit out and delete them, and then adding the dumb responses and so on. The things you see on the internet or youtube, are usually fake/edited. A lot of people from other countries who say "USA is full of dumb yankees" or however you put it, are completely ignorant. I'm baffled to see some of the posts here.

zgooh07/12/2010 01:25

couscous ?

D2B07/12/2010 09:12

Originally posted by zgooh
couscous ?


koukouz ?

Page 5 of 13

Please log in to post replies.