[Done][TBR](kz)_kzro_communityblock

Started by sn00p mapper
20/02/2011 20:26
Page 1 of 3
sn00p mapper20/02/2011 20:26(edited 30/08/2012 15:31)

Hello,

After years this project if finally taking shape and finding a way into VHE and CS, not yet for large public but still. As deathtales this map have a long story, except that I wasn't in it till recently, since someone else was the project starter. Took the project lead few months ago when I re-started everything and so on, today we have the first screens from the very first build which will be the main template, did a few more but I wasn't happy with the results.

Enough wall of text, here are the first screens for public, enjoy it or not depends of you.

20th February 2011 - First 4 screens

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3796/comblock20feb000.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2567/comblock20feb001.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/629/comblock20feb002.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4962/comblock20feb003.jpg

26th February 2011 - New screens

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7664/comblock04.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/245/comblock05.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/322/comblock06.jpg
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3536/comblock07.jpg

15th Oct 2011 - Light update

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516978679/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516982205?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516975489/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516971150/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516967438/?tab=public

16th Oct 2011 - Small update regarding 15th Oct

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382536577784?tab=public

19th Oct 2011 - Jumps added to Portal-like area and some fixes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/594699991472936513?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/594699991472928528/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/594699991472920600/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/594699991472913498/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/594699991472902541/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/594699991472894080/?tab=public

Punk^22/02/2011 11:17(edited 22/02/2011 13:44)

I think the looks are going to annoy.. I don't know. I'm not a fan of the textures tbh :-/

But if it's anything like your recent work, I'm sure I'll get over it ;-)

kQbmigrecord holder22/02/2011 12:54

I'm not a fan of dark maps, but I must admit this looks nice and I like the text. :)

eeK22/02/2011 13:13

Oh my god nice look! Hope it wont be so dark like xj_communityblock. Will it be long?

reminder22/02/2011 16:09

looks great! i like theese textures :)

sn00p mapper22/02/2011 17:29

@ Punk^ Textures, well they change everytime like in any of my recent maps, that's not the problem and since it's still the very early version, might change till final, still looking for textures and so and making sure they all fit together. What do you mean at second line ?

@ NAPZ Well dunno ain't so dark, atleast in game and so on isn't dark, maybe .jpg screwed up the quality or so, anyway I still need to work the light more.

@ eeK- Was xj_comblock dark ? Dunno maybe in some areas. Hmm about how long I can't say anything about that now, but I can asure you i'll not like "jump first block advance to next one" There are going to be combinations, you need to jump there, press a button to open the door, and you have like X seconds to catch it opened or you'll do the jumps again and more, can't say anything else for now.

@ reminder Thanks.

PsYxOpAt mapper22/02/2011 17:44

It looks nice. :) How many mappers took participation in this project and what is the challenge? =)

eeK22/02/2011 18:15

oh lol sounds brilliant, waiting for new screenshots :>

Punk^22/02/2011 20:56

I meant that if the map is anywhere near your recent maps, I probably won't care much since they were great in every aspect ;-)

sn00p mapper22/02/2011 21:23

@ Psyx Well about 15 users/mappers along with 1/2/3 blocks each one, getting all of them together to fit will be pretty challenging. Well I'd say Easy/Average, the challenges where you need to press the buttons or smth else will be tricky but not hard.

@ eeK- Ty, well might come some other soon.

@ Punk^ Ah, thanks <3

daza mapper22/02/2011 22:23

The last pic looks so good.......

im in love with it <3

antu.s25/02/2011 01:38

very good

nerv.26/02/2011 10:40

i really liked the theme you apply on a block map gj

sn00p mapper26/02/2011 21:57

Ty all :)

First post update, 4 new screens...

Universe26/02/2011 22:28

Textures from 1st and 2nd picture looks UBER NICE ! Keep up the good work sn00p !

cahz0r Tournament #326/02/2011 23:57

gj sn00p! looks uber

pLaguE^27/02/2011 00:01

looks pretty nice so far

sn00p mapper15/10/2011 15:48

Ok got back everything, VHE, settings and so on at the best, now the map got a light update, since it was a bit to dark in in the last versions. As soon the new Portal-alike area is 100% done more screens will show up, working on light and few lb's showed up ;o

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516978679/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516982205?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516975489/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516971150/?tab=public
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sn00pkzro/screenshot/540656382516967438/?tab=public

News about DT2, should fire up soon.

eeK15/10/2011 15:55

it...will....be...fantastic......map...im...sure....

Punk^15/10/2011 17:48

Damn, get this done sn00p :D I like all the different themes :O

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.