Wipeout
I've watched some hilarious "Wipeout" movies and I felt like playing such map. I really like the atmosphere and if some good mapper could bring this idea to life it will be more than awesome.
For those, who haven't seen any Wipeout clips here is an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggn31JWWFqY&feature=related
Cheers! :up:
Maybe in kzmod nobody^...
Deathrun map would be cool :)
Wow , not seen this season , SOO Funny like kz_sandblock2 :D sick video man , fly,fly,fly ,fail :D
Originally posted by PhinxDeathrun map would be cool :)
This
Deathrun sucks, please make it something related with kreedz :/
do you have a concept or a picture of the whole gamepark which they need to run thru?
because its just similiar with american gladiators.
Originally posted by dEMolitedo you have a concept or a picture of the whole gamepark which they need to run thru?
because its just similiar with american gladiators.
Actually I couldn't find any. Probably because the gamepark has different construction in each season. U can get some ideas from watching the videos.
These clips show some nice views of the track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbRla7IxLNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTCKv41xReg&feature=related
:up:
thanks for the videos. will try to get more infos on the track to get a clear concept for it maybe i will take on it :)
Originally posted by dEMolitethanks for the videos. will try to get more infos on the track to get a clear concept for it maybe i will take on it :)
Really? Dude, I would really appreciate it if u take on the job. Moreover, u are quite an experienced mapper and u are probably one of the most suitable guys for the job! :first:
Found some pictures from wipeout.
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/big_balls618x282.jpg
http://data.rtl.nl/_internal/gxml!0/ineyj9qr1qpvijc13ejocrerni9c7ur$frk5d8nrnipw9jkc1oyyt7czh0cajw0
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/the_sweeper_618x282.jpg
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/dizzydummies_tippytable618.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r5dz4g.jpg
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/wipeout_zone_618_282.jpg
I Hope it will help for mappers creating the map hah.
Originally posted by PhinxFound some pictures from wipeout.
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/big_balls618x282.jpg
http://data.rtl.nl/_internal/gxml!0/ineyj9qr1qpvijc13ejocrerni9c7ur$frk5d8nrnipw9jkc1oyyt7czh0cajw0
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/the_sweeper_618x282.jpg
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/dizzydummies_tippytable618.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r5dz4g.jpg
http://www.rtl.nl/games/wipeout/components/overwipeout/images/wipeout_zone_618_282.jpg
I Hope it will help for mappers creating the map hah.
Thanks for your support, Phinx! I haven't seen those pictures, let's hope that dEMolite will take on the job.
I think the idea for a "Wipeot" kreedz map is superb.I'm looking forward to see the map. :up:
i haven't seen an episode yet only the germans one but its completely different in course.
as form wikipedia there are 3x stages in every episode.
Phase1: A course which every 25players needs to go thru and the best comes to phase2
Phase2: some kind of mini games and the last 3 goes to phase 3
Phase3: the wipeout block
may i ask which you want to have?
the big wipeout block?
or the long term course of phase1?
or the mini games of phase2?
Actually dude, you are a great mapper so I suggest you do do it the way u feel it.
Of course, if u started the project.
Question guys, do u not think it´s more like deathrun then kreedz?
That was my thoughts, after looking this videos.
Other impressions?
Originally posted by PhinxDeathrun map would be cool :)
+1
to kz looks cool too but some parts are hard to make I think
deathrun or kreedz its just about the concept.
most of the work on the wipeout phase1 can be done as a bhop or speed map.
in the end its allabout the concept and also i have for nearly 3years a creative breakout or a mentalbreak out. its for me a challenge to make it unique with ideas of the show and maybe some new ideas which are not in the show but could fit in.
but firstly one of the big challenges are the fun factory things of wipeout, to recreate them into the hlengine.
HLengine dont have bouncing things for the redballs
we can't get mud in the face from the window climbs which are new in this season.
and many more challenges.
Bouncy things - gravity jumps (push upwards), increase distance between "balls"
"Mud in the face" - a (quick) env_fade would do the trick.
yea but they won't do the funny as they are doing in the show. so there needs to be somekind of another way for the jumper to be fun
and with gravity or push there is still a chance that the jumper can use it to get big advantage from it like good old kz_space. cause the wipeout map would be similier short like cupiators because there isnt much to fill with.
Please log in to post replies.