Wipeout

Started by nobody^
22/03/2011 20:06
Page 2 of 2
daza mapper01/04/2011 00:27

I suggest you do this map in a rats format. :)

nobody^01/04/2011 00:40(edited 20/04/2011 12:05)

Originally posted by daza
I suggest you do this map in a rats format. :)


Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I don't have a clue of mapping. Could you tell me, are there any advantages of making a rat format?

kaa20/04/2011 14:01(edited 20/04/2011 14:04)

Guys what you think of the live format of this idea? I mean it would be like a cup event, with several jumpers participating, and you can use the wipeout concept(like elimination stages etc.)
For example for phase 1 a mapper could create a number of simple courses(or just one), which a jumper have to complete with a best time without knowing it. In a live event - a participant have to join the server, complete the course(seeing it for the first time), then quits, another participant join, etc. Best times go to the next phase.

Phase 2: I think some of you saw group episode like this(I think it was phase 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-h38myClLk&feature=related on minute 2:50. Where several participants stood on little isles in cirlce and there was like a big moving hammer in the center which was spinning and pushed them in to the water. And i think in that phase- 5 players who make it to the other side move to the final phase. To be more fun you could disable semiclip for players on this phase :-)

And for the final phase you can use the same concept as in the phase 1, just make a course a bit more harder may be...

That would be really exciting event to spec, and a bit easier for a mapper to make such a course as he doesnt have to come up with uber creative ideas to create a map which everybody will geek for a world record...

Sorry for so many letters, just wanted to be as clear as possible though my english do sucks a bit :(

nobody^20/04/2011 22:05

Actually that's a nice idea, but to be honest, I think that it is going to be hard to play such map in a public server. How about to stick on a regluar KZ design? :-)

kaa21/04/2011 01:29

I do not suggest it to be played on a public server. I just think that it would be a nice event(like previous tournament, or prochallenge cup) with a concept of wipeout. Cause it will be much more fun to watch a pro playing the course for the first time and more likely doing funny fails and stuff, then to watch a perfect wr run on such map...

nobody^21/04/2011 11:42

Originally posted by kaa
Cause it will be much more fun to watch a pro playing the course for the first time and more likely doing funny fails and stuff, then to watch a perfect wr run on such map...

True, but watching some tricky combos/moves in a WR can still be fun. :-)
It's best to have 2 maps, one made for a cup event and another one made for basic KZ.

dEMolite mapper08/06/2011 18:02

Unfortunately wow and lol took to much time for me to start the project. but ideas are still there.

Logitechhhhh08/06/2011 18:07

Where are the japan's SaSuKi? :)

nobody^14/06/2011 13:27

Originally posted by dEMolite
Unfortunately wow and lol took to much time for me to start the project. but ideas are still there.


Wow, you started the project? I love you dEmolite! Post some screens, please! :-)

dEMolite mapper15/06/2011 19:13

no just a basic pen to paper concept

nobody^04/07/2011 23:29(edited 04/07/2011 23:30)

Wow, I definitely want to try myself in mapping. If anyone is slightly interested in helping me, please, contact me via PM or steam. Check my XJ profile. :-)

The only thing that I know about maps is that I need Hammer Editor. :D

shizzcho06/07/2011 01:22

nice idea nobody ... the map can be done in 3 strages with some teleport thing ;d :] start - Phase1 - teleport - Phase2- teleport - Phase3 - finish... ;d

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.