(kzfi)_proof
EDIT: "repost".
Maps purpose is to be of average/hard challenge to its climbers, what makes it hard are few jumps that are easy to fail if not concentrating, such as a few annoying surfs, strafejumps, small jumps, "droplj", and a wj. Added a few scs, There's a bhop sc, g-strafe sc, these two are pointed out during the run.
Noticed that there are two possible other scs which aren't marked in any way like the two others are, mainly because it didn't look good in the places where the scs are doable to point them out (such as arrows or floating texts, etc...).
Map isn't long, without fails I'd say doable within 2-3 minutes. With the scs and a good run maybe, just maybe under a minute. Why I didn't make it any longer was because I am a new mapper, and well, I've seen many projects go down just because people were too ambitious. So, I didn't want to take so big of a piece.
Progress: 100%
Beta map release:
Map in a shape where I "only" need people to check it for obvious and not so obivous mistakes etc, bugs, weird things, silly scs and feedback.
I'm wishing mostly for feedback, be it positive or negative any feedback is appreciated.
UPDATE, beta version 2 or 3?:S! Known issues are fixed.
I gotta add, the 252 jump is made incredibly hard for a reason, it's a big sc. The level of difficulty (wether it should be shorter most likely) is still a big question mark for me, I'd be glad if someone with uber g-strafe skills would give it a go and see how hard/possible it is.
Known issues:
Please, let me know if you find anything. I mean anything!
UPDDATED 25.9.2012:
Here's the map: http://www.speedyshare.com/akxqR/notkz-fi-eccentric.rar
Motivation found to finish this project, name changed to eccentric cause the theme does not make sense :D
Let me point out, textures aren't completely random, keeping in mind the name is eccentric, it is supposed to be looking somewhat random.
idk why but here i couldnt open the images o.O
That looks good imo, and i wish you luck!
And to fix those bugs, try to make those blocks into func_wall, not the 4 walls surrounding your map
Hello, you need to func_wall all jumps and details in your map. You can't leave entities to the outside, else you get a leak, which you experienced.
Also try working on your textures, from what I can see they seem very old.
Try using trims so the textures doesn't get repetitive.
Trims is also a good way to make maps look good.
The jumps seem interesting. :)
One last advice, take a look at some of the kz_ maps on xtreme-jumps and see how the design on those are, i suggest you look on maps like brickfacility, all of rad0ns maps, kzus_bleu, and in general just more or less new kz_ maps (not man, wsp)
Good luck with your mapping and feel free to ask if you have any questions :)
@daza, was actually planning something like that. The problem with new mappers seem to be poor planning, atleast in my case.
When I started I didn't have clear image what the map was going to be before I started doing the jumps, only idea I had was to do an oldschool exterme/hard map, after a while I changed the jumps to average/hard and in general I tried to vary as many different jumps as possible. You'll notice it after I'll link the betaversion of the map probably later this week.
So now its more of a modern oldschoolmap (I don't know what is... It's somewhere in between:P) atleast in my head it is, so the texturechange is imminent.
I got a few "suggestions":
pack your map right! And use wadinclude so you don't need to use the wadfiles to load the map.
Regarding packing your map right, there is a tutorial in the forums or in the articles for it.
The actual map:
Couldn't test it cause i was missing a wadfile called textures.
Geez, almost SHOT MYSELF trying to integrate the wad file to the map. Tuts I found were all pretty confusing, finally just dumbed it down and got my way working. FINALLY the map link should work and the map itself...
Read my comment again. Use -nowadtextures in your csg parameter under expert compiling apply -nowadtextures. This way you will never be struggling with wadfiles again.
Besides that also pack your map right, I already told you this, there should be tutorials somewhere on the site for it.
Also, sign up at this site:
www.mappers.cosy-climbing.net
It contains alot of tutorials, both easy and more difficult ones, and it's a really nice site. You can also download some cool wadfiles there, if you are in need of new textures.
daza I did something similar, just didn't use the compile valve hammer tool gives nor the batch compiler. I did my own .bat compiler which should've done (as far as I know it did) the trick, my friends got it to work.
You didn't get it to work? Because that'd be a mystery. Sure you got the mapname right? g_fi_proof_b01, I think the last one was b1.
Btw, thanks for this site!
I'd probably remove the hostages... annyoing that the round ends, whenever the timer runs out.
So that's where it comes from :D thought my plugin was screwed up.
Weird though that they trigger the restart when they're monster_scientist, not hostage_entity. Any way around it?
Originally posted by GargoyleAny way around it?
no. just with amxx plugin, but thats not a good option to consider.
:x If you just want something "alive" inside the cage, you could always use the standard hl1 zombie model :-)
As you can probably see, yeh changed those entities inside the cage. Not to a zombie thought ;)
Thats a hard speed map man i enjoyed it alot ^^ but i think its poss to skip all most the entire map by slideing on top of the cages from the right wall next to the Startbutton x_X
I made an invisible wall between the crooked wall and the box/cage so it shouldn't be possible anymore, one thing I haven't really tried is if you can go stright on top of the cages via the slide. Will do some test after I get out of this lecture. Thank you for the input! :P
I saw the wall but still i think u can go over the wall since iv seen some tricks with highter slides x_X But we havent realy tyed that jump alot all so keep in mind u can get a speed boost from the top of the map and than slide up x_X ( that will take some uber skillz )
1 more isue is the surf part u can skip the block between the slides so its a 2-3 sec SC and its easyer to skip than to land that jump @_@
MJK you might be on to something with the slide sc. Will be my priority for now on.
About the block at the surfs. I'm aware of the skip you pointed out, that block is mainly for people not so skilled in surfing. Even though I noticed my friends had trouble even getting on the corner block but I'm sure it's much harder to surf it all the way if you're not good at surfing.
I'm not good/pro climber nowadays, and I found that map very enjoyable to play. In my opinion i'm very skilled gstrafer, and the 252 shortcut is very hard. I tried it with many styles (dcj, mcj, double scj, doubleduck before scj) and I only did it once with doubleduck after scj. The BhopLongjump wasn't that hard I did it with 225noduck stats (failstats because of height difference). Imo it can't be finished under 1mins 30secs, if someone can't find big sc like 252.
So, my opinion about the map: Very enjoyable to play, very well created. Like it alot. 9/10 because im bad surfer and couldn't do it without checkpoint :p
Originally posted by huysenI'm not good/pro climber nowadays, and I found that map very enjoyable to play. In my opinion i'm very skilled gstrafer, and the 252 shortcut is very hard. I tried it with many styles (dcj, mcj, double scj, doubleduck before scj) and I only did it once with doubleduck after scj. The BhopLongjump wasn't that hard I did it with 225noduck stats (failstats because of height difference). Imo it can't be finished under 1mins 30secs, if someone can't find big sc like 252.
So, my opinion about the map: Very enjoyable to play, very well created. Like it alot. 9/10 because im bad surfer and couldn't do it without checkpoint :p
Thanks! Ye about the bhop sc: I tried to make it a hard jump to perform in a run. Always liked to see people impress me with their run by performing difficult scs, especially with bhop since getting a good bhop everytime is much more difficult then lets say lj or cj.
And big thanks on the input about the 252, like I said I won't make the jump easy enough to perform even 1/10 runs because it cuts the map almost in half (made the jump in the first place because if anyone would do it in a run, I'd be really impressed), but what I will do (based on your comment, so ty:)) is decrease it in such level that it can be performed more frequently, step by step until I find it ideal.
Please log in to post replies.