Memories...

Started by zgooh
17/04/2011 23:20
Page 1 of 2
zgooh17/04/2011 23:20

What do you miss from oldschool kreedzing, old movies, maps, trickjumping... the most ? Feel free to share an experience you particullary enjoyed for example.

Personally, I believe the heart is missing.

akkord mapper17/04/2011 23:35

The fact that nobody flamed you when you didnt know how to get somewhere and asked for help. Nobody was good so everyone helped each other to get better, but since the days are gone and everyone knows everything the attitude has gotten very cocky :)

Ovidiu Dumitru17/04/2011 23:39(edited 17/04/2011 23:40)

The atmosphere it's the first thing that comes into my mind. It was like a family, where everybody knew everybody, where we just enjoyed the game, no flaming, no insulting and kinda only good mood. It was a real pleasure to enter your lan or a server with the players you know, to have a good time.

I can share a recent experience involving an oldschool player.
Probably not many know, but recently, an oldschool player made his appereance from inactivity. I'm talking about Alts!cH, whom you may know from the movie Potatismos.
Even though I didn't meet him in the oldschool times, because when I joined XJ, he already went inactive, I had the chance to talk with him now. I can say it was a real pleasure to talk with someone from the old times. We also played on some servers, and the oldschool feeling came back to life.

I whish I could experience more oldschoolness in the future. Hopefully it will happen some day.

Great topic btw.

PepoMerca18/04/2011 00:42

Originally posted by kzro`CyclopP
The atmosphere it's the first thing that comes into my mind. It was like a family, where everybody knew everybody, where we just enjoyed the game, no flaming, no insulting and kinda only good mood. It was a real pleasure to enter your lan or a server with the players you know, to have a good time.

THIS

Memories18/04/2011 02:04

The atmosphere it's the first thing that comes into my mind. It was like a family, where everybody knew everybody, where we just enjoyed the game, no flaming, no insulting and kinda only good mood. It was a real pleasure to enter your lan or a server with the players you know, to have a good time.

kzro`CyclopP


He said it all.

daza mapper18/04/2011 02:19

The fact that ndR (and the rest of the oldsch00lers) was still doing world records.

dEMolite mapper18/04/2011 02:33(edited 18/04/2011 02:34)

- No LJstats
- No freaking timer plugins
- No wstrafe flamers

- Only checkpoints
- Scoutjumpers
- Friendly Atmosphere on every server
- No inmature kids

aftermatch-_-18/04/2011 09:22

Well, I miss the whole meaning of kreedz. Now, 4 or 5 years later I really don't feel the way i used to back then. If I'm close to achieve something nowadays there's no excitement at all, it's like i don't care wheather I'll do it or not. I miss that feeling when you reach the end of the map and your heart starts beating as fast as hell and you feel that you're going to collapse. I miss the sensation when i watch heL recording pianoclimb. Basicly I miss alot of stuff, but I'm completely aware that this is because of the fact that I grew up and CS as a whole. I have so many things on my mind right now and I can't fully enjoy playing cs,because I have so many responsabilities. And yes, I miss the "Potatismos" period very much. The things kimo,altsich and fikon did back then were so amazing, I couldn't believe me eyes and I thought it was impossible to reach this kind of skill. Compared to todays trickjumpers it was nothing. Today everybody can do 270+ dcj and nobody really care about YOUR personal accomplishments. Many of the maps are almost impossible to beat(talking from my point of view,for koukouz and all the pro's it's not impossible ofcourse). Most of all I miss playing with everybody, the feeling you get when you and your friends fill up the server and spamming bullshit and laughing and jumping, everything.

Grrr18/04/2011 09:51

10AA, and the non-gay blocks

balling18/04/2011 11:37

The kindness among the players on the servers. When you finished a map using scout, 400 gcs and 30 mins, everybody still congratulated you. Now all ppl are like "pft I can do better than that". The maturity level is so low now :(

nobody^18/04/2011 12:31(edited 19/04/2011 16:49)

I miss the atmosphere, the exact feeling. I cannot tell what was that same feeling in 2004, but I have experienced the one in 2007. It was...Don't know, I can't describe it. Everyone were happy, we were like a team. No one was mean and we helped each other. I remember jumping with some bulgarian dudes like yeah!@,Zomby,Nubby, fuckin'nooby a.k.a noobsize assi and many others. Also, the bulgarian kreedz website was really enjoyable unlike nowadays. I don't even want to visit it. :(

Back then, the player, who I admire most was Z0ck3rOO7. He was like the bhop king. I started jumping mainly because of him. <3

This thread made me remember some stuff, thanks for making this topic. :happy:

suo18/04/2011 12:36

Being able to just jump on a server and play without people judging you. Some people dont jump as much or play as competitively as everyone else. They just wanna play some KZ to pass time mostly because they enjoy it. But now you've got all these kids typing shit to you if you fail on a run etcetera. And if you make a genuinely good time people are too stubborn to congratulate you or acknowledge your effort.

Micron18/04/2011 19:07

I miss the oldschool players i used to compete with, makes me happy when some of them pop in with new records.

I miss how just beating a map felt like an accomplishment, nowadays in most cases beating a map counts for nothing, the only thing that counts is your time. The only thing that gives me that same feeling of accomplishment nowadays is when i beat a really hard map or when i beat a record.

I remember when i first started jumping, I was playing kz_sk_proclimbing and me and this other guy were boosting each other through the map, also we were checkpointing and scouting, took about 9 hours to get to the last room, but I still had more fun playing back then than i do most of the time nowadays.

The best time was when i was starting kreedzing. I almost forgot how much i was satisfied by completing a single map.
Sure i'm still having fun kreedzing but it's kinda different fun, not that good.

aftermatch-_-18/04/2011 22:14

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
The best time was when i was starting kreedzing. I almost forgot how much i was satisfied by completing a single map.
Sure i'm still having fun kreedzing but it's kinda different fun, not that good.

100% agree

m4r1o18/04/2011 23:56(edited 16/06/2013 20:12)

lk;kl

Scary Tournament #219/04/2011 13:22(edited 19/04/2011 13:25)

Come on guys... You make the old days better than they were. No it was not a family, and not everyone knew eachother. The attitude on the servers was a bit better and more curious, but to say that everyone threated eachother with respect is not true. The game has gone in a more mass-mainstream direction parrallel to the popularity increase and ofcourse that sets certain standards to any (e)sport. Overall the situation of XJ has become more and more professional over time and to some people making it seem like a cold place where the power of the gods (admins) rules the lands.

Times change, and usually people always look back at the past with possitively biased eyes.

What I miss about the game is probably when some records where able to get beat by people not so extremely skilled as now, but on the flipside I like that the game has become so competetive that only the strongest and most dedicated talents have a chance to reach top5. It's good entertainment from the outside, but a bit sad from the inside kinda.

And ofcourse t3d, a0ke, target, kimo, fikon, arf, silver, ernstaugust, xecor, faker, brian, zhady, hel, donakos, z0ck3r, micron, guardian and Helferlein on the record lists.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #219/04/2011 13:31

I miss a0ke, tarGet.
I miss the time when CXG was the kz team dominating the world (WR speaking).
I miss the ndR vs zhady era.
I miss the feeling of discovering kz maps and kz techniques.
I miss the feeling when you felt so proud of yourself when it had taken you 20 minutes to do a single floor of kz_adv_quadrablock.

shNzrecord holder Tournament #219/04/2011 15:33(edited 19/04/2011 19:10)

It's a fact that KZ has changed alot with the years. People come and leave, the world records are getting faster and harder to beat with every single day, but in my opinion they kinda lost their value. Somehow it was different before to see a famous map beaten. Nowdays I don't enjoy watching wrs and doing them that much as I used to. Maybe it's because of the decimal system, I don't know, but it's just not the same.

There are lots of reasons why I miss the good old days when I used to spend hours of my time trying to do that 250 block on kz_longjumps. I miss that feeling when I did my first 240 block with bhop on public, that moment of happines when I finally did my first world record after hours of geeking. I miss that time, when brian took kz_xj_mountez, beating T3dBundy's awesome demo. When rEs0LuTe took Z0ck3rOO7's bkz_goldbhop, which seemed to be unbeatable. I miss those endless battles between 7D and Perfo on kz_man_dreaming or kunqui vs. mgD on kz_mathland, those little comebacks of Messing taking back his bkz_forestrace over and over again, or Dujes fighting for kz_ea_caveclimb no matter what. I miss specting heL^_x, who was beating an amazing world records like they were nothing. I miss playing at nights with KeltA, who barely had 3 or 4 wr's. I miss the old LJ list, when soul|ftw and M!nnoW were the only ones on 241 HJ. When Bibo shocked the world by raping 255 block. I miss the feeling when I was going to have a heart attack at the last part on kz_kzse_dustbhop_h, where I failed because of my shaky hands. But most of all I miss the atmosphere, when I used to play and talk with my friends, laughing and just having fun, you know. Unfortunately it's gone. It's sad to accept how time flies so fast, and people who once were a part of your life are now gone forever.

Today, like someone above said, everbody can do everything, which kinda makes recording more annoying than fun. I remember the time, when Bibo, PaT and tjubby were Gods with their 256 units CJ tricks. Compared to nowdays, when people are doing bombastic 272+ units with 10 ducks, it's just funny. Sometimes I wish I could turn back time, to experience those great moments again, but I can't. When I'm reading the comments of some old releases, I feel the same way like when I was reading them for first time. It makes me so nostalgic and then I realise that it was worth being a part of this exciting KZ world.

jokeruz19/04/2011 16:32(edited 19/04/2011 16:34)

I miss all the moments with my e-mates back in time.We were jumping so lame and I felt like fun.I was sitting for 5-10 hours per day and playing kz (i didn't even know what it is in the first 3 months xD),it was very funny to geek a 200 units jump like 10 mins with scout and then type in the chat with caps on "OMG I JUMPED IT OYES".I remember in 2007 i think me and some mates (Arkadietz , Vinc3 , Waffle , FreestyleR yes he too , TePoPuCTa and alot more)were kreedzing on kz_cfl_jost for hours on a server with no checkpoints , no ljstats only Prokreedz 1.0 plugin i think (thats what i call oldschool server) and when somebody fails ,which was happening all the time,he had to do a retry to server.I remember when FreestyleR reaches the 235 he sometimes says "hey guys can somebody boost me pls" it was normal for those days and now look at him , he did 257 lj WR.Thats where the kreedz is going.One day this oldschool server has gone down and noone understands why , most of the jumpers were gone forever , but others are still playing and i am glad to see them in action.Beating kz_cfl_jost from 35-60 minutes to 3-4 minutes is what i call Kreedz Evolution.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.