Memories...

Started by zgooh
17/04/2011 23:20
Page 2 of 2
MJK20/04/2011 09:37

The Players changed now they are just rude and h8ing all the time ( most of them ) No one helps no one teaches back when i started every one helped each other and gave tips and enjoyed playing the game ... Now every one is "Pro" If u acomplish someting most of the time its ignored or it doesnt cout for mutch ( Look at the 255 block lj for exaple now its just a regular rec nothing special x_X) few years ago there werent so many cheaters x_X now when i join some servers u can clearly see people cheating in all sort of ways just takes away the fun of the game ... mby thats why i play on my lan these days and on several servers with hud_saytext x_X But i still Have the feal from back when i started and i am happy and energyzed when i complete a map or do a jump @_@

StenGah22/04/2011 16:09

I miss FoF and I want Zhady to record again! xd

jack frog22/04/2011 21:36(edited 22/04/2011 21:41)

I've joined the Kreedz scene like 1,5 years ago. Unfortunenately I couldn't taste the oldschool days, but from what I've read so far, it must've been really good.

I agree with everything said above. Cause of this pressure inside the scene I can hardly enjoy kreedzing. For example: everytime I play goldbhop it's not really fun, rather hard trying. I'm always afraid not to reach my best time and feeling like a "noob" when I'm about 5-10 seconds bellow my best time. This ends up in restarting my runs several times. Similar goes for longjumping. When I reached my 250 units I was more than happy. Time goes by though and the more I read "255 units isn't something special" the more I think my "record" is ridicilous. The world records and LJ Plugins probably fucked up the scene badly. Back then everyone was probably happy about new things like LJ plugins or awesome runs (WRs). Funny how innovation predict it's own downfall.

shNzrecord holder Tournament #222/04/2011 22:56(edited 28/04/2011 23:01)

Originally posted by jack frog
I've joined the Kreedz scene like 1,5 years ago. Unfortunenately I couldn't taste the oldschool days, but from what I've read so far, it must've been really good.

I agree with everything said above. Cause of this pressure inside the scene I can hardly enjoy kreedzing. For example: everytime I play goldbhop it's not really fun, rather hard trying. I'm always afraid not to reach my best time and feeling like a "noob" when I'm about 5-10 seconds bellow my best time. This ends up in restarting my runs several times. Similar goes for longjumping. When I reached my 250 units I was more than happy. Time goes by though and the more I read "255 units isn't something special" the more I think my "record" is ridicilous. The world records and LJ Plugins probably fucked up the scene badly. Back then everyone was probably happy about new things like LJ plugins or awesome runs (WRs). Funny how innovation predict it's own downfall.


Your record is not ridiculous, because you did it! It was probably hard, but you still did it. Every pro had their first 250 block, and they all were just as happy as you were.

nobody^24/04/2011 11:52

Originally posted by shnz
Originally posted by jack frog
I've joined the Kreedz scene like 1,5 years ago. Unfortunenately I couldn't taste the oldschool days, but from what I've read so far, it must've been really good.

I agree with everything said above. Cause of this pressure inside the scene I can hardly enjoy kreedzing. For example: everytime I play goldbhop it's not really fun, rather hard trying. I'm always afraid not to reach my best time and feeling like a "noob" when I'm about 5-10 seconds bellow my best time. This ends up in restarting my runs several times. Similar goes for longjumping. When I reached my 250 units I was more than happy. Time goes by though and the more I read "255 units isn't something special" the more I think my "record" is ridicilous. The world records and LJ Plugins probably fucked up the scene badly. Back then everyone was probably happy about new things like LJ plugins or awesome runs (WRs). Funny how innovation predict it's own downfall.


Your record is not ridiculous, because you did it! It was probably hard, but you still did it. Every pro had their first 250 block, and they all were just as happy as you was.


You are totally right, shnz! Jack, you have to be proud of what you did, if it's an accomplishment for you! I remember my first 250 block, damn, I was so happy and I actually didn't care about those 255-6 pwners. I was just proud. About the said above, it's correct. Nowadays is really hard to play for fun. I guess we, the XJ.eu members could do something? Anything?

kernevez24/04/2011 12:12(edited 24/04/2011 12:13)

a lot of people still play for fun you know , you can find them in pub servs...
I don't think that geeking a map for 4 hours is fun (on local , alone ), but that's how you have a WR no ?

sorry for my bad english ^^

Funnysmile26/04/2011 02:06(edited 26/04/2011 16:41)

i not taste oldschool. i play to cs one year and seven month's but from what I read here i happy. i want time is back and play in oldschool. But I will say a little when I started HIDENSEEK game a year ago, many did not know Georgia well HIDENSEEK game new tricks I learned we were helping each family and the joy of the game. I did not want to exit from the training server. Now everyone knows everything. today not interesting. old time I want to.

sorry for bad english..

zgooh26/04/2011 18:08

Stick to the topic a bit more ;)
Can anyone of you tell a funny/enjoyable story of something happening back there ?

nobody^26/04/2011 21:35(edited 26/04/2011 22:54)

Originally posted by vince78
This Topic remenber this vid'


I've watched that video tons of times and yeah! I sure do love it! It inspires me to practise KZ more, to have fun! :) Thanks, for bringing that experience back to me.

If someone wants to see how the scene developed throughout the years, I suggest to scroll down to the bottom of the frontpage and change to the last page. Just list page after page and yeah.. you got my point. :-)

eMTi28/04/2011 13:23

Originally posted by Micron
I remember when i first started jumping, I was playing kz_sk_proclimbing and me and this other guy were boosting each other through the map, also we were checkpointing and scouting, took about 9 hours to get to the last room, but I still had more fun playing back then than i do most of the time nowadays.

That just made me remember one "session" on ascension. There was no semiclip on that server, and I started to climb. Unfortunatly there was a guy standing on that wall at the beginning. My skills were far to low to jump around him so I just stood there and waited for him to come back. By the time when he returned there were like 5 or 6 guys standing in line behind him, chatting nicely, waiting and cheering when he wrote "re". :D
Even if a server wouldnt have semiclip today, this situation wouldnt be possible anymore. People tend to flame/insult very quickly.

Count28/04/2011 15:34(edited 28/04/2011 15:34)

-I miss when (almost) nothing was "old". And even if the jump was old, you still got a gj.

- I miss the time when we didnt know if a jump was possible or not, we had to geek it for houres to find out. Now its just "OLD! x=3455,54+yx2(-32)/100x1337 ~ 273 units "

-I miss the time when I had time to play:(

Scary Tournament #228/04/2011 17:36

So no one is happy with things as they are now?!

WOOFix28/04/2011 18:43(edited 28/04/2011 18:43)

Originally posted by shnz
Sometimes I wish I could turn back time, to experience those great moments again, but I can't. When I'm reading the comments of some old releases, I feel the same way like when I was reading them for first time. It makes me so nostalgic and then I realise that it was worth being a part of this exciting KZ world.


It's all said, recon !

I think we can also think back the last years when koukouz was ripping everything with his huge runs and all that stuff. He earns a big applose for bringing the Kz to an other level !

Count28/04/2011 20:57

Originally posted by Scary
So no one is happy with things as they are now?!


Well sure, I still love both xj and kz/trickjumping. But that wasn`t realy the question in this thread;)

evuly29/04/2011 22:03

Originally posted by jack frog
I agree with everything said above. Cause of this pressure inside the scene I can hardly enjoy kreedzing. For example: everytime I play goldbhop it's not really fun, rather hard trying. I'm always afraid not to reach my best time and feeling like a "noob" when I'm about 5-10 seconds bellow my best time. This ends up in restarting my runs several times. Similar goes for longjumping. When I reached my 250 units I was more than happy. Time goes by though and the more I read "255 units isn't something special" the more I think my "record" is ridicilous.


You said like everything I had on my mind about kreedzing. My Longjumpblock record is 250 as well, but it feels like I haven't accomplished anything at all since the standard record is somewhere around 255 block nowadays.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.