Smoofofer v0.1b

Started by FoF mapper
01/05/2011 07:50
Page 2 of 3
st0ka02/05/2011 11:57

That's a fantastic tool FoF! I rarely use more than 3 campaths, but I can't wait to try it! It's simple to use and eliminates the hassle of finding proper timing transitions between campaths.

Suggestion for any potential future releases:
A noise function with options for frequency and strength?

Torex-):-D moviemaker02/05/2011 23:00(edited 02/05/2011 23:00)

try asking msthavoc to integrate it to hlae =D, like placing it into tools or smth

Marshell03/05/2011 13:01

Originally posted by Torex-):-D
try asking msthavoc to integrate it to hlae =D, like placing it into tools or smth


good idea :P

BLuex04/05/2011 16:46

Well, i got problem like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVcJE5q79C0 Campath dont follow the player at all, but it is smooth.. Someone knows what is the problem?

FoF mapper06/05/2011 03:29

Originally posted by BLuex
Well, i got problem like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVcJE5q79C0 Campath dont follow the player at all, but it is smooth.. Someone knows what is the problem?

If you set up mirv campaths to aim target player, this won't work with smoofofer, since smoofofer now includes all channels (position X Y Z and rotation X Y Z). So rotation, which points to something (in this case player) will be smoothed too. For a now you can try to use more keyframes in smoofofer, but that still won't be precisely accurate and will be less smooth. I'm working now on independent channel manipulation. In future releases you could choose which channels you want to affect (and use key frames and even your own coordinates) with smoofofer, so this would help for aiming questions. But not 100% since you should have coordinates of the target due to calculation of new cameras rotation.. well that's a lot of maths, and so far I even don't thing aiming to a player is a cool feature in mirv :-)
Another cool feature I'm thinking of: no need for initial .bvh file. You could just copy/paste coordinates of campaths and instantly generate smoothed .bvh. Should save some time I guess? Worth writing it?

Torex-):-D moviemaker06/05/2011 11:37(edited 06/05/2011 11:38)

Originally posted by FoF
Originally posted by BLuex
Well, i got problem like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVcJE5q79C0 Campath dont follow the player at all, but it is smooth.. Someone knows what is the problem?

If you set up mirv campaths to aim target player, this won't work with smoofofer, since smoofofer now includes all channels (position X Y Z and rotation X Y Z). So rotation, which points to something (in this case player) will be smoothed too. For a now you can try to use more keyframes in smoofofer, but that still won't be precisely accurate and will be less smooth. I'm working now on independent channel manipulation. In future releases you could choose which channels you want to affect (and use key frames and even your own coordinates) with smoofofer, so this would help for aiming questions. But not 100% since you should have coordinates of the target due to calculation of new cameras rotation.. well that's a lot of maths, and so far I even don't thing aiming to a player is a cool feature in mirv :-)
Another cool feature I'm thinking of: no need for initial .bvh file. You could just copy/paste coordinates of campaths and instantly generate smoothed .bvh. Should save some time I guess? Worth writing it?


dont think so... getin bvh out of hlae is like 30s short, and copy/pasting coordinates would take like forever,
also i dont think any more features is needed for this soft, as it just smooths campaths with least knowledge, if some1 would want more features they should learn how to work with c4d or any other soft that is cappable of doing smooth camera motion,
haha while writing this text i though,
when u export map with bsp viewer or crafty, u can also fly accross it, mby it would be possible to create a feature to import MAP into smoofofer and import bvh, smooth camera and adjust it, or even creating motion in there?

WqkO07/05/2011 12:31(edited 07/05/2011 12:31)

Awesome tool, however, when I use it and then watch the result in Counter-Strike, it seems laggy, I mean : the campath's movements are perfectly smooth, but I can't get a startmovie under 30fps, for instance if I do a 900fps startmovie, I'll have 30 screenshots exactly similar, then the same for the 30 following, etc etc... So I can't make some slowmotion afterwards.
Idk if 30fps is the real value, anyway can you tell me if it's a bug or something else ?

Thanks. :)

FoF mapper07/05/2011 14:18

you have to set campaths fps before recording BVH file.

WqkO08/05/2011 15:09

Should I type : mirv_movie_fps 900 for instance or is it another cmd ?

FoF mapper08/05/2011 16:17

Originally posted by WqkO
Should I type : mirv_movie_fps 900 for instance or is it another cmd ?

yes, set fps before recording bvh and don't change it, otherwise u will need to re-record .bvh file.

x7.08/05/2011 17:53

so u don't need anymore shity programs
just the smoofoer for smooth campaths

WqkO08/05/2011 18:40

I can't get a high-fps startmovie, even with mirv_movie_fps 900. The fps seem stuck around 25. :/

What am I doing wrong? :(

FoF mapper08/05/2011 19:09

Originally posted by x7.
so u don't need anymore shity programs
just the smoofoer for smooth campaths

HLAE + Smoofofer is all you need for smooth campaths. No Cinema4D ant its plugins.

Originally posted by WqkO
I can't get a high-fps startmovie, even with mirv_movie_fps 900. The fps seem stuck around 25. :/

What am I doing wrong? :(

Well it's probably not related to smoofofer, ask in HLAE forums. Google for similar problems, etc.

x7.08/05/2011 19:37

the cinema 4d was the shity program ^^

x7.08/05/2011 19:40

i have a question
How i find that BHV file?

Nukk08/05/2011 20:09

mirv_camexprort_mode 1

Nukk08/05/2011 21:08

Originally posted by x7.
the cinema 4d was the shity program ^^

are you sure?

x7.09/05/2011 20:41

Originally posted by Nukk
Originally posted by x7.
the cinema 4d was the shity program ^^

are you sure?

is too complicated to me
are u sure that is the command?
PS:Sorry if i ofended u

zythH^ moviemaker09/05/2011 21:15(edited 09/05/2011 21:18)

- 4gb's on my computer hehehehe :D

nice FoF (:

i gonna use it on my new clip xD

Nukk12/05/2011 22:39

fof,is this poss to add automatic searching fucking curves ? :] just too lazy do it rly

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.