Smoofofer v0.1b

Started by FoF mapper
01/05/2011 07:50
Page 3 of 3
FoF mapper12/05/2011 23:22

Originally posted by Nukk
fof,is this poss to add automatic searching fucking curves ? :] just too lazy do it rly

Everything is possible. But in my opinion it's not needed. Code to write for auto key frames should take very long, and since motions usually aren't comprised of more than lets say 5 campaths, I don't see it as a smart feature. Another reason is that I'm gonna split camera channels so they could be edited manually including not only keyframes but also manual curves, so you could move points wherever you want (fully modifiable). This should help with the motions which are locked to the target, such as aiming to a player and etc. Ofc maybe one day when I would have a lot of free time I could try making such thing, but under my current knowledge I can imagine that as a huge pile of painful algorithms. Cannot promise :-)

zythH^ moviemaker16/05/2011 21:53

FoF i've a little probled

I export bvh. file and next open the smoofofer and i add the bvh. file but don't appear any "line" or something, is all white :X

Any solution?

st0ka17/05/2011 22:36(edited 17/05/2011 23:50)

Originally posted by FoF
Originally posted by Nukk
fof,is this poss to add automatic searching fucking curves ? :] just too lazy do it rly

Everything is possible. But in my opinion it's not needed. Code to write for auto key frames should take very long, and since motions usually aren't comprised of more than lets say 5 campaths, I don't see it as a smart feature. Another reason is that I'm gonna split camera channels so they could be edited manually including not only keyframes but also manual curves, so you could move points wherever you want (fully modifiable). This should help with the motions which are locked to the target, such as aiming to a player and etc. Ofc maybe one day when I would have a lot of free time I could try making such thing, but under my current knowledge I can imagine that as a huge pile of painful algorithms. Cannot promise :-)


You're going to include bezier curves to control the animation? That would be awesome. As for the automation of the entire process, I suppose you could make it with a simple cubic interpolation. I haven't really looked into the bvh dump that HLAE spits out, nor have I tested the regular CS interpolation method, so I might be way off. Anyway, Smoofofer is really great just as it is.

EDIT: Oh, it seems that you're already interpolating the keyframes locally. I suppose you could sample control points and interpolate between them, adding a smoothing level (number of sampled control points). That's probably the easiest way to automate the entire process. It's kind of unnecessary though, it doesn't take a long time to do it by hand.

FoF mapper02/02/2012 10:19

Released Smoofofer v0.4b (2012-02-02)
* Fixed java update graphics bug
* Added executable .jar starter (not needed if .jar launches automatically)
Good Luck!
-FoF

Torex-):-D moviemaker02/02/2012 11:29

would be nice to add drop file feature, cuz browse searching is kinda annoying and it's little buggy for me :s

FoF mapper05/02/2012 01:42

Once again java update and Locale standards made random bug, which should be fixed in 0.5b version. Those who got this shaking bug probably live in a country where default decimal separator is comma.

Smoofofer_v0.5b.zip (2012-02-05)
* Camera shaking bug (java update Locale distinction) fixed

get it here: http://chainer.projektas.lt/smoofofer/

ndR moviemaker Tournament #207/02/2012 14:28

Originally posted by FoF
Once again java update and Locale standards made random bug, which should be fixed in 0.5b version. Those who got this shaking bug probably live in a country where default decimal separator is comma.

Smoofofer_v0.5b.zip (2012-02-05)
* Camera shaking bug (java update Locale distinction) fixed

get it here: http://chainer.projektas.lt/smoofofer/


Thanks, I was going to contact you because of this shaking problem :-)

Page 3 of 3

Please log in to post replies.