flr_bhopvoxx

Started by FLR
24/12/2006 04:45
Page 1 of 3
FLR24/12/2006 04:45(edited 27/08/2010 16:49)

Hi Guys!
You can dl the map here:
http://flayer.kicks-ass.net/
I have added a few more links to download from.
Now there is : My host, speedyshare, rapidshare and sendspace.
So you all can download the map, if you want to.

If my server is down, try this link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q8uu16


The time to climb it is about ~4:20

Unfortunately, the didnt accept the map, but thats life

And ofc the screens of the finished map.

http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/8496/2003906927507381211_rs.jpg
http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/8496/2003922679470532674_rs.jpg
http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/11127/2003927116389574756_rs.jpg
http://aycu12.webshots.com/image/8171/2003904538472375776_rs.jpg
http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/7592/2003918268320898540_rs.jpg
http://aycu01.webshots.com/image/8840/2003975766402464610_rs.jpg
http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/10164/2003964256190742640_rs.jpg
http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/10835/2003977780415251105_rs.jpg
http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/8495/2003959266730949606_rs.jpg
http://aycu04.webshots.com/image/9843/2004069112217010333_rs.jpg
http://aycu12.webshots.com/image/10851/2004019344830334907_rs.jpg
http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/9353/2004041304457159099_rs.jpg
http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/9762/2004076130946509466_rs.jpg
http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/11056/2004078265742288489_rs.jpg









[ Edited ]

rinkon mapper24/12/2006 05:14(edited 26/07/2015 12:13)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

Sprite mapper24/12/2006 06:36(edited 27/08/2010 16:49)

I don't like some of the textures, but the map looks good anywaY.
And it looks like an easy map :]
:confused:
Keep working :up:

Edit: As rinkon said, change the sky :D
[ Edited Sun Dec 24 2006, 06:38AM ]

Volsfootball24/12/2006 06:59

Another bhop map? Bah! :D Looks good, need I think the textures on the 1st screen with the bhop blocks need to be changed.

AverageFreak24/12/2006 08:00

nice map ,would love to play it :D
just change the textures (wall texture and grass texture) and it will look better imo :)

skitz mapper24/12/2006 08:02

The map does look nice, Maybe play arround with the textures and it will look awesome. i dont use batch compiler so i can't help you with that.

FLR24/12/2006 11:44

Ok, thanks for yall's support, and I will play around with the textures and sky, its just around 5-10% for now. And Merry Christmas :D

But i really want to know how to fix the -nowad, cuz when im trying it in hammer, i only got errors:S

AverageFreak24/12/2006 12:07

Post your compilelog with -nowadtextures ?

dEMolite mapper24/12/2006 13:38

Sorry but map first your 1-5maps your self and play them with your friends and after the 10th map release your new map cause u have learned more.
When i see your screens i'll get sick.

soul v2.0 mapper24/12/2006 14:10

dEMolite ffs you're making everyone else sick. People post their first map or the ones afterwards because they want to see if they have a chance of becoming a good mapper in the end. Yes they expect criticism, but not harsh and demotivating comments such as "when I see your screens it makes me sick" (yes I corrected your English there).

Seriously, don't you think you could be a little less harsh in future? We want more mappers in the community and you trying to demotivate them like this doesn't help.

After all, just look at the AMAZING work you did on kz_cg_coldblock....cg_coldbhop....cg_cupiators...

Great maps, well done yourself.

dEMolite mapper24/12/2006 14:42

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk soul nexttime i'm friendlier k?

ScooteR24/12/2006 15:23

the map looks n1 and the jumps look original
:up:

FLR24/12/2006 19:25(edited 27/08/2010 16:50)

I can't get any compilelog, cause it says theres errors finding the files :S

And dEMolite, this is like my 7th map, and I have just begun with this, only two rooms, and I started yesterday 23 dec 24:18. So don't expect it to look great after just some hours of mapping :o

Edit:
I got the -nowad fixed now. So for now on I'll just do my best with the map :D


[ Edited Mon Dec 25 2006, 04:40AM ]

DaMp mapper25/12/2006 12:05

you should use the vertex tool at the square bhop stones i think this could give the map more soul

Pf0llz0r mapper25/12/2006 13:20(edited 27/08/2010 16:50)

you should use the vertex tool at the square bhop stones i think this could give the map more soul

DaMp


Yeah thats true, square bhop blocks are kinda booring.

Here is a tutorial if u dont know howto use the vertex tool :D
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_Vertex_Tool

And for the textures, If i know howto use Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro and wally u can make some nice textures @ these sites

http://www.mayang.com/textures/
http://www.3dexcellence.com/textures.html
http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html

just a tip

And to the offtopic, dEMolite is only honest, he said alot of bad things about my ancienthopez and I fixed it and the map looked ALOT better,
Okey its quite hard to say such a thing but I agree that u shouldnt post ur first 5-10 maps, they almost NEVER look good.
<3 dEMolite
[ Edited Mon Dec 25 2006, 01:21PM ]

FLR25/12/2006 13:40(edited 27/08/2010 16:50)

ok, thanks for your advice :)


[ Edited Mon Jan 01 2007, 10:29PM ]

.:thebutcher:. mapper27/12/2006 23:32

singular: advice.....plural: advice.....there is no adviceS...

FLR01/01/2007 22:31

I got a problem with the map. When I start the map it loads a little bit, but then CS shuts down. Someone know what to do then? Give me a pm or something and I'll send the compile log :S

s0liD mapper01/01/2007 22:38

I think it's coz ur usin' too much wads .. it happened to me.. just remove some wads or .. put the textures ur usin' in 1 wad file

FLR01/01/2007 23:26

ok, thanks. I'm going to try that.

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.