The Eiffel Tower

Started by aftermatch-_-
05/07/2011 02:46
Page 2 of 3
hm^ mapper VIP01/11/2011 14:15(edited 01/11/2011 16:28)

01/11/2011: http://www.picbutler.de/bild/228455/1rybby.jpg

Ground: 272 wpolys / 100 FPS
Top of tower: 178 / 100
Texturing: Scaling the with 1.5 / world

EDIT:

Ground: 263 wpolys / 100 FPS
Top of tower: 212 / 100
Texturing: Scaling the with 2.5 / world
+ one Antennaelement added

I think that it is possible to find the way between
preformence and design.

I will try a little bit more and keep you up to date.

cya

hm^ mapper VIP01/11/2011 21:46(edited 01/11/2011 21:47)

http://www.picbutler.de/bild/228521/1pb252.jpg

Ground: 950 wpolys / 100 FPS
Top of tower: 880 / 100
Texturing: Scaling the with 2.0 - 2.5 / world
+ all elements added!

Pieshels mapper01/11/2011 23:41

That looks awesome.
Now just the easiest part - add some jumps and more stuff xD

spr1n mapper02/11/2011 19:03

looks really nice)

SKR1NER[' NN102/11/2011 20:42

wow looks... :o

i love this maps, when have this monuments of the our world,
keep going! :D

hm^ mapper VIP02/11/2011 21:50

02/11/2011: http://www.picbutler.de/bild/228693/11wy8a.jpg

FLasH ^^ mapper03/11/2011 15:18

OMGGGGGGGGG no its omg!! GJ hm!

hm^ mapper VIP01/12/2011 12:24

I decided yester to handover all my files to Blake.
He will face off this project and finish it or combine some ideas of both maps from me and nightnoob.
I am sorry, but i will have not that time this year to finish it.

hm^

Blake` mapper01/01/2012 15:07

Select your favorite tower

Tower 1 (by nightnoob) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/tower1.png/
Tower 2 (by Blake`) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/tower2.png/
Tower 3 (by hm^) : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/tower3.png/

Example

Tower1 = +1
tower2 = 0
tower3 = 0

or

Tower1 = 0
tower2 = 0
tower3 = +1

spr1n mapper01/01/2012 15:46

I would vote for Tower1, but black background means u have to set it to additive, that would look bad ingame

daRk.01/01/2012 16:52

Hm tower looks nice

I vote for hm^'s tower.

Mrego01/01/2012 17:55

Hm's one. Which you can see in ss above!

hm^ mapper VIP01/01/2012 18:04

@Blake: Choose the tower, where saves the most resources.
There will be a lot of jumps, lights etc...
Keep in mind. :)

polsik01/01/2012 19:29

map name ?

http://www.picbutler.de/bild/228521/1pb252.jpg

hm^ mapper VIP01/01/2012 20:13

kz_kzfr_Eiffeltower?

spr1n mapper02/01/2012 12:07

hm^ version is preferable if you wanna do a climbing map with it... optimized + VisBlocking brushes and good looking at the same time... though I like nightnoob's neat design, would like to see it ingame

nobody^06/01/2012 22:02(edited 29/01/2012 15:34)

Nothing much to say since I haven't got a clue in mapping but I like hm^'s tower.
Hope to see this map released!

hm tower looks so cool :p

stresS29/01/2012 01:15

Tower 1 is ok. Good idea. ;)

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.