Do you watch the ROTWs?
I watch them. Though I've probably seen every demo for the last 4 years. ROWT's are still enjoyable to watch since the run picked usually is so awesome.
Though demos > movies. Just because you get the footstep sounds which are so legendary.
I watch all of them, even I'm not playing cs anymore but I still love kz.
Originally posted by pradThe aesthetic point of an rotw is not to throw up 1zillion uber powerup'd mainstream edit stuff, no! or to create a surreal atmosphere that doesnt even exist.
Please show up as its in the demo (no hyperedited stuff/ no useless cams/simple layout, even a hud does no trouble in case of rotw, ppl shud get the feel of the demo with a suitable music, cause, thats how it cuts the deal.
- dont find anything attractive in the newspost description, for the last 5 months the description went on saying like : "transformed by xxx into visual art, based solely on his filmmaking imagination.".
i seriously think it takes hardly takes one guy with decent level of vocabulary skills about 5/6 mins to put up even a noob technical description with preferential systematic stress on the hardcore mm'ing aspects in a simple hundred words too; it feels great if it has a constructive viewpoint, nothing takes stuff anywhere with stereotypical patchups.
I just got tired of all the ppl of not able to judge things, and putting up 1 simple word "gj". Either contribute something useful, or just become a spectator and stay away. :/
agree with those
I watch 'em all even tho they're sometimes really bad edited.
well I think the point is not really on the edit, we basically just modified the colours and do our "best" for the intro/outro (for the few days/hours we have)
pple usually like/dislike a rotw if they like/dislike the song (couldn't formulate it different cause of my bad english
Prad is right, "I just got tired of all the ppl of not able to judge things, and putting up 1 simple word "gj". Either contribute something useful, or just become a spectator and stay away. :/". That's what i actually think too
Btw rotw are a nice way to promote kz, a lot of friends and community has discovered kz thanks to that so yeah..it's a cool thing
Most of the time to enjoy the music I see the issue several times and if I do not have the map saved not need to download to watch the record player ..
I watch most of 'em, and i'm really disappointed most of the time.. I can see that a lot of movie makers are looking for inspiration and stuff like that to bring fresh feelings and stuff.. but run movies just need a very SIMPLE edit.. Not too dark, not too bright, not overedited.. The key is simplicity and smooth edit.. Please don't keep on doing all these GANGSTA stuff :\.. Just ruining the demos.
I watch them since I don't watch demos.
I never watch them. I don't know I just don't get the "wtf omfg" feeling, you know? every single run just looks and feels like a normal. I think the edit / music distracts me.
I think I would start to watch them, if there would not be so much edit. Just a run with footstep, simple and short intro and outra and music with very low volume.
Im watching the ROTWs since im to lazy to download dems.
Originally posted by Charly.0sPrad is right, "I just got tired of all the ppl of not able to judge things, and putting up 1 simple word "gj". Either contribute something useful, or just become a spectator and stay away. :/". That's what i actually think too
I just took a look at your comments on ROTWs... LOL!
no, i don't. demos is more interesting for me.
Finzer I share my acount with a friend who can't log cause of a bug so that's not my comments ;) you won't see me posting comments like that
Originally posted by Charly.0sFinzer I share my acount with a friend who can't log cause of a bug so that's not my comments ;) you won't see me posting comments like that
Oh ok , my bad then :)
Originally posted by Charly.0sFinzer I share my acount with a friend who can't log cause of a bug so that's not my comments ;) you won't see me posting comments like that
So, basically you are saying that you are breaking against the rules by sharing your account? Awesome!
Originally posted by kayneOriginally posted by Charly.0sFinzer I share my acount with a friend who can't log cause of a bug so that's not my comments ;) you won't see me posting comments like that
So, basically you are saying that you are breaking against the rules by sharing your account? Awesome!
as far as im aware, its only breaking the rules if the person is banned/comment banned or if that person already has/had an account etc
Please log in to post replies.