New idea for KZ Maps (wall-sliding)

Started by Mathzz
23/08/2011 20:27
Page 1 of 2
Mathzz23/08/2011 20:27(edited 23/08/2011 20:45)

We all know wallbug, and know how to do it. But since NO map in kz has wallbug useful I thought a way to make this bug more useful than it is nowdays. I made a small map with wallbug the main thing, there is no way you can finish this map without doing wallbug. The idea is simpel, and I highly recommend you to try it (especially active mappers) because this can be something fun and challenging in future KZ maps.

Download the map here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7x4rfx
No .wad's or other crap needed to download it.

Map:
It has 2 challenging wallbug's, and both of them are tested several times and are possible. You might need to get used to it in order to fully manage to beat the map.

Please share your thoughts :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper23/08/2011 20:39

I dont get how to finish the map.

finzer23/08/2011 20:41(edited 23/08/2011 20:41)

i'm gonna try it now, sounds funny.

Mathzz23/08/2011 20:41(edited 23/08/2011 20:44)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brnz50XoJPE
At 0:20 - 23, you can see his sliding very slowly, and hes only holding S + A at that moment.

You just first press W then A+D and once you "freeze" you can hold W + D and slide slowly down. You need some practise though.

Also face the wall when your "wall-sliding"

finzer23/08/2011 20:50

well, it's hard, can't 'slide' more than ~200units.
Btw, when you 'wall-slide', can you move at different speed ? i mean, i know it's very slow but is it possible to slide faster than someone else or ...?

Mathzz23/08/2011 20:57(edited 23/08/2011 21:00)

it is possible to slide a little bit faster, but requires a perfect aim with the mouse. Remember when doing wallbug, mouse does mostly all the work here.

200 units? That cant be true, I did these slides which are by far longer than 200 units perfectly, I didnt fall down or got random freeze stop. It went smoothly for me.

Here is a demo when I do the first slide: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8oqt1
reason I froze in the wall was because of the roof. I went to smoothly I froze under the roof.

kyser23/08/2011 21:02

sounds hard.. and kinda annoying if u spend too much time geeking it... need a lot of patience imo

finzer23/08/2011 21:05(edited 23/08/2011 21:08)

ok, didn't know about the mouse work. When i said, 200units, i didn't measure ofc, just meant that i didn't go far on the side, i fell down way before reaching the "block".

EDIT: But i do think that it's definitely a good idea. Lookin forward to such things in a map combined with kz parts/bhop or slide ofc.

Mathzz23/08/2011 21:07(edited 23/08/2011 21:08)

Actually not that hard: 2 simple steps:

1. Face the wall
2. Jump and hold W while pressing A once and D and then keep holding D and W (left wall) opposite controls if on right wall.

Keep in mind, once your going smoothly you can also use duck with no consequences.

Finzer: Watch the demo and see how smoothly I go, to smoothly I went under the roof :p Need a lot of practise though

OFFBEAT23/08/2011 21:18

I personally like wallbugs but maps like this are very random in my opinion and I wouldn't geek them. ;p

Wallbugs can be unpredictable and not always going to work. It could take hours to finish a map this way even for a pro wallbuger. But in other words, it's indeed a great challenge, but a hard one.

KooleN23/08/2011 22:24

mby u mean like that sc @ beachmountain? i think regular falling alot faster with max of 2000 u/s and do wallbug at the very last moment to prevent loosing any hp at all.

Mathzz23/08/2011 22:35(edited 23/08/2011 23:04)

No the idea of this was not to fall from high buildings to prevent loosing any hp, but to reach the "target" which would normally be impossible to jump to, with sliding the wall there. It can be very useful in many ways, also a new way of making new creative jumps in kz maps.

TeRMiNaTe23/08/2011 23:01

The map is too hard imo. Even if you get the right angle at the start you could still fail. This is closer to a surf map than a kz one.

Mathzz23/08/2011 23:05

I dont understand how no one else can do it other than me :o

Besides the map was just a practise for the idea itself, normally a kz map wouldnt look like that. Otherwise it would be pretty random.

dexxies24/08/2011 13:08

Wallbugs are ez :D:DD

DragonClaw24/08/2011 14:47

Following the same logic, why don't we make KZ maps with JB, EB, etc only? It's not a good idea.

Gargoyle24/08/2011 16:00

Too random, way too random...

Mathzz24/08/2011 19:59(edited 24/08/2011 20:02)

DragonClaw: This was not meant to prevent loosing hp, but to slide somewhere where you would never be able to jump to.

Gargoyle: Tell me then, if your now on a kz map and see a "shortcut" which is longer than 300 units (impossible to jump to) but you see that you have the ability to wall-slide there. Would you just ignore it and go the "obvious" way? And ignore the time you would save by doing it? Not that random if you think about it from a REAL kz map. The map I made was just to indroduce the wallsliding in different view, and I would never expect maps to be like that. Don't blame the idea because the map was to random built.

As said earlier, the map I made was to practise your skills and manage to fully master the wallsliding. It's like kzlj2 map, you practise on it.

TeRMiNaTe24/08/2011 20:35

I would go the obvious way, than lose like 2 hours of my life trying to surf on a wallbug :D
It seems that noone but you actually manages to do that for some reason.
Anyway, you started the thread in order for this type of sliding to be used in kz maps. Meaning to be implemented as a necessary jump, not a sc. Such a map will not be popular amongst players, as the jump is random and hard. However, when it comes to scs - if you can do it - ok. There are countless JBs EBs and so on.

In short - wb sliding won't work as a regular part of a kz map. It can be used as a sc, as well as other bugs, but that's for the mapper to decide and it's not new. So what was the point of this thread?

Mathzz24/08/2011 20:54

Originally posted by TeRMiNaTe
I would go the obvious way, than lose like 2 hours of my life trying to surf on a wallbug :D
It seems that noone but you actually manages to do that for some reason.
Anyway, you started the thread in order for this type of sliding to be used in kz maps. Meaning to be implemented as a necessary jump, not a sc. Such a map will not be popular amongst players, as the jump is random and hard. However, when it comes to scs - if you can do it - ok. There are countless JBs EBs and so on.

In short - wb sliding won't work as a regular part of a kz map. It can be used as a sc, as well as other bugs, but that's for the mapper to decide and it's not new. So what was the point of this thread?


Did you understand what I meant about this whole bug abuse? And besides, I never said nor take credit that it's new. But the idea is new.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.