New idea for KZ Maps (wall-sliding)

Started by Mathzz
23/08/2011 20:27
Page 2 of 2
Gargoyle25/08/2011 16:16

Now I got the feeling that you never even mentioned wallbugs, 300 unit longjump is impossible but with slide it isn't where do you need the wall bug then? It doesn't give you any lenght as far as I know. Thought you wanted wallbugs in a map to avoid hp loss. And to that I said it'd be boring/random if the whole maps idea was wb.

Ryderc25/08/2011 21:45

35min to do the first room, I'm tired now :p

Phinx mapper moviemaker Tournament #213/05/2012 11:32(edited 13/05/2012 11:33)

i would love to try it but can u re upload link please?

Mathzz25/07/2012 19:38

@Phinx: Sorry, but I don't have this map anymore nor the demo. :-)

dEMolite mapper04/08/2012 22:09

idea is still nice had this idea a few times too after playing hns on awp_rooftops with the idea to create a block map out of it. instead of falling in to water or making an edge bug on a ledge the idea was to wallslide it down.

but then the lazyness and the mentally breakdown of goldsrc came in.

WeMeRA08/02/2013 08:40

great idea imo!

LammerOutsider06/03/2014 02:00

reupload the maps pls!

Mathzz04/04/2014 01:23

Originally posted by LammerOutsider
reupload the maps pls!


I'm sorry, but the map is long gone. This was something I made years ago and unfortunately I don't have it anymore. But if people are interested to test this "wall-sliding" method, then I can probably remake the map.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #204/04/2014 03:41

Does the certain "block" contain any specific options or it's simply required to be placed at a certain angle on the top(x/y) view?

Mathzz04/04/2014 15:10

@Cobrex: It doesn't have any special options you need to adjust for it work, other than that it works on every wall a normal wallbug works on.

deidi04/04/2014 15:10

Kz dont need this...

Mathzz04/04/2014 15:29(edited 04/04/2014 15:38)

DaDe: I agree. This particular method is hard to pull off in serious run and will in many ways anger a lot of players if it was to be added as a jump in a map.
The method itself is very luck based and it's not guaranteed to work when you need it, thus unnecessary complications.

But hey, it is there, and it works. Maybe some future maps/current maps will/have faulty designs overlooked, where in theory this method could potentially open up new shortcuts, who knows.

Ps: Don't take this suggestion serious anymore. It's been few years since this was first brought up, and things change.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.