Do you remember when?-THREAD

31/08/2011 22:04
Page 1 of 3
Scary Tournament #231/08/2011 22:04

Hey guys, I've been checking in once in a while and this forum has been pretty boring the last couple of months, so I decided to think of something fun to put here. So I thought that this thread could be fun, let's see.

Well the rules for this thread are quite simple, so there's a big possibility that it'll fail, but that won't be the end of the world would it?

So heading on to the rules:

Person A (in this case me) looks back on the time spend in KZ and writes something equivilant to:

"Do you remember when a0ke made a comeback and didn't use doubleduck, even though everyone had started using it and still managed to beat demos by a wide margin?"


Person B (in this case you perhaps) has to write a story about that particular subject.

So let's try it out. But stick to the facts guys :)

(If there's no answer within a decent period which you guys can decide, you can make a new question)

nobody^01/09/2011 12:46

One thing, if person B answers to your question, does he get the right to post a new one?
Anyway, atm I am offtopic cause I can't discuss your question. :))

joons01/09/2011 14:36

I remember that. a0ke didn't bhop either. I think hes the fastest climber ever to jump without those two techniques. He recorded alot of block maps which are delightful to watch. If my memory serves me right he and t3d shared the same map taste ( :

Do you remember when kalle still had wrs?

Dragon02/09/2011 11:38

Originally posted by joons
I remember that. a0ke didn't bhop either. I think hes the fastest climber ever to jump without those two techniques. He recorded alot of block maps which are delightful to watch. If my memory serves me right he and t3d shared the same map taste ( :

Do you remember when kalle still had wrs?


No. But anyway, wasn't that Alt$!ch who refused to use mwheel to bhop? Soon he fell into oblivion.

Gargoyle02/09/2011 14:07

Not sure about refusing, but FikoN didn't even have a mouse with a scroll on it. Yet he was one of the best bhoopers of his time.

I love how easilly this thread's topic can be derailed :)

omilo02/09/2011 14:32

I remember when FikoN didn't use scroll to bhop. But he wasn't really able to do long bhop combos. Not a lot of people did that back in the day anyway, so it didn't really affect him that much. He made it up by his amazing speed climbing.

Do you remember when it was popular to use a bind that made your x-hair change colors everytime you jumped? Later on people realized that it made you get a bhop script since there were "wait" commands in that bind ^^. And ofcourse it was fobidden.

nobody^02/09/2011 21:42(edited 02/09/2011 21:49)

If you are talking about the different colour of your crosshair.. yeah I remember that. Also, I remember that I didn't know how to make it change its colours.. :-(
Almost everyone used that switchy crosshair.
Do you remember when brian the movie 1 came out? (I know it's not the most oldschool subject but..)

Scary Tournament #202/09/2011 22:06(edited 02/09/2011 22:15)

Originally posted by omilo
I remember when FikoN didn't use scroll to bhop. But he wasn't really able to do long bhop combos. Not a lot of people did that back in the day anyway, so it didn't really affect him that much. He made it up by his amazing speed climbing.

Do you remember when it was popular to use a bind that made your x-hair change colors everytime you jumped? Later on people realized that it made you get a bhop script since there were "wait" commands in that bind ^^. And ofcourse it was fobidden.


Hahaha!! I totally forgot that man! Good times that you just brought it up. Was it back then when so many demos were removed? Like faker going through 470 all like 200 going back to it's former wr or do I remember wrong?

btw. nobody, it doens't have to be oldschool tbh, as long as it's in the past it fine.

I remember brian the movie, one of the best releases of that time. Definitely worth mentioning Bibo's first movie too, it was groundbreaking and I remember faker describing it as "mindblowing". Actually had a danish article on it back then. :)

Oh and FikoN was far from one of the best bhoppers of his time. But back then bhopping was so limited, you probably wouldn't even believe how it looked back then, when terablock was over 5 minutes long. Back then doing a double bhop was kinda rare. Anyone has any of his demos? I remember being on VT with him, and beating his azclimb record by 4-5 secs and how he would win it back in 10 minutes but still letting me submit it so everyone could see he had beaten me. Kinda mean, but it was all fun back then.

Do you remember when FikoN and faker had one of the biggest controversies in XJ history? It was litterally the two top leaders of XJ going at eachother.
(Btw. it's okay if this topic is loose around the edges.)

joons02/09/2011 22:58

I remember FikoN being really immature at times :D But I really cant remember what they argued about

Scary Tournament #203/09/2011 14:22

Do you remember the EPIC battle on westblock between kunqui and heL?

Gargoyle03/09/2011 16:02

Wasn't it brian vs hel? :O if there was a kunqui battle I'd guess it was newer.

Also brian vs Cordy on cliffez was epic. Longest battle I remember :O not sure if it actually was longest or even close to it but I have a recollection it was pretty intense :)

beuhnoix03/09/2011 16:48

Well zhady vs zocker on toonworld was epic too !

nobody^03/09/2011 21:06

Don't forget the battle on bkz_goldbhop!!! I remember ndR having 1:42. After that I think z0ck3r managed to get 1:39 and I was totally shocked when res0lute got 1:38.

Scary Tournament #204/09/2011 12:17

Could we get some of these battles uploaded? Perhaps a thread with called "Epic battles!" :)

k a f f e e04/09/2011 13:12

do you remember when flibo improved or beat back from ndR ak_rh_warehouse_ns like 10 times?

or when kropeq imrpvoed kzsca_bunratty like 3 month in every single release :D i remember reading comments like "dude dont you notice none else wants to play this map, you got the rec there, it's fine man" lol

btw great thread. and i would love to watch some of the old epic battles

Scary Tournament #210/09/2011 12:02(edited 10/09/2011 12:02)

Do you remember when Kreedz said that he one day might actually build a real KZ game released from the shadow of 1.6?

PepoMerca20/09/2011 15:03(edited 20/09/2011 15:06)

Originally posted by joons
I remember that. a0ke didn't bhop either. I think hes the fastest climber ever to jump without those two techniques. He recorded alot of block maps which are delightful to watch. If my memory serves me right he and t3d shared the same map taste ( :



I remember a0ke's demo on terablock, i think he did like 4:12 bhoping just a few blocks.

mtoboiii8000 mapper20/09/2011 18:17

Do you remember when everyone used to say "u r" and "i r" :D:D

Satsarn18/10/2011 00:12

bibo did it

Cola^18/10/2011 00:21

Originally posted by mtoboiii8000
Do you remember when everyone used to say "u r" and "i r" :D:D

haha, yes I remember. akM used that word quite a lot :D

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.