How you knew about kz/xj?

Started by Ft.skY
27/09/2011 19:40
Page 1 of 2
Ft.skY27/09/2011 19:40

Have fun)

datslkk27/09/2011 19:44

friends.

eeK27/09/2011 19:55

From classmates :)

Btw there was a topic about this.

prad27/09/2011 20:27

In 2007, in some random nuke pov, some guy in gotfrag posted a link about xj saying somethinglike : "see this site, these people jump crazy, this is like child's play to them", haha.
The first time i saw it, i was like "haha wtf, these guys only jump"?

Man, never knew these would go so deep routed within us after all, and even after all these years, the interest and the excitement have only taken a whole new dimension. ;] ndR was the top one those days, great scene, always miss those years. tarGet released the highblock, and goldenblock, and the people went crazy.
Insane days :)

(dont get time to login these days, dont remember when have i last opened my steam, so i might have gone a li'l overboard, so apologise for all the extra talks; saw a great topic to throw some words, stay good guys, always miss u <3)

nobody^27/09/2011 20:38(edited 28/09/2011 13:05)

I found about XJ from the bulgarian-kreedz servers probably.. not sure because it was way back.. :) It was really cool back then, I remember the time when T3d and NiconeN used to have 254.. blah good times!

Of course I started with those W strafes all the way... I remember trying the nuke rock jump with a friend.. I made it and I was happy as damn! Then I started watching more movies etc.. Remember watching esilo's lj tutorial and I was mad cause I couldn't land even a 230 back then.. =D

Sweet topic!

Btw, praddy I miss you bro, talk to me in steam if u find time! <3

maximaLz27/09/2011 20:47

haa man.. First thing I saw was the Pubmasters, and I was like OMG WTF I WANNA DO DAT TOO, so I looked for some pubmasters imitation and i dunno how I came up with kreedz and jumping, and it became the only thing I'm doing on CS these days.. I miss the old days though.. Oldschool stuff, ndR #1.. Aaah. Nostalgia nostalgia.. : (

Gargoyle27/09/2011 21:09(edited 27/09/2011 21:10)

My real life friend "Tonic" (some of you remember him) showed me the magic of KZ.

I'm sad that I can't remember what I thought of KZ the second I saw it, but if I remember right I was watching Tonic play CS and "Wtf are you doing", seemed cool the instant I saw it. As far as I remember :D

After a little over a month of KZ I joined KZFI. I knew of XJ existance around the same time but didn't register cause I was a fool!

ndR moviemaker Tournament #227/09/2011 21:33(edited 27/09/2011 21:34)

Early 2005, a CS mate was bunnyhopping and I wanted him so bad to teach me, thing he refused (I realized afterwards it was because he was using a bhop script).

There was no bhop tutorial at that time, so I tried to learn by myself without knowing the technique, I of course failed and found out about bhop scripts.

I started using a script and it made me understand how it was working, I disabled it and learnt by myself, until I discovered KZFR in August 2005 with their server, it took me like 45min to do the first 3 floors of quadrablock...

I visited their website, which was leading to XJ.

T3dbundy was still #1 but tarGet was taking more and more WRs at that time :)

R^3OPAH27/09/2011 22:21

fpsbanana/maps/kz :)

propanelj record holder27/09/2011 22:42

the "visit xtreme-jumps.eu" or something like that at vid i guess xP

Pieshels mapper27/09/2011 22:43

About KZ - it was long time ago when my classmate showed me this cool mod that was all about jumping. We went on random server and jumped a little. The first map I played was kz_darkmine, when I made to the end in like 30 minutes, I was so happy that I could've eaten my cat. (I didn't).

A bit later, this team - Pubmasters - came up. As I was mapping at that time, the main admin of the official Pubmasters Latvia team invited me to make some maps for them. There I met akkord. A bit later he, being uber cool guy, showed me everything about kz world - Latvian KZ sites, XJ, etc. It all went on from there. I continued with KZ mapping and occasional KZ playing.

actepukc^27/09/2011 22:44

It was in 2007 I connected accidentally on one server in my Internet list and map was kz_ea_canals and i trying to switch during these jumps.After 9,10 months i think I found this nice place :)

Dragon27/09/2011 23:20

Can't really remember, I probably stumbled upon XJ trying to do the nuke jump. I remember myself bhoping with W and looking to side everytime I jumped. I also recall being angry after I killed myself on gigablock(trying to do it like T3d) having no knowledge of edgebugs.

Godlajk28/09/2011 00:13

My friend got it shown from one of his friends and then he showed it to me. I found it ok and tried to learn stuff etc. I ended up joining bishop bhop server and had a talk with a few from there. I remember playing bhoptoon when Scooter had the record on that map.

I was told to visit this site to watch the world records of maps.

And here I am.

kot7k28/09/2011 08:46(edited 28/09/2011 08:46)

About kz i entered a kz server by accident and BOOM - magic.

about xj i entered flibo's newgame accidently and itought it was a public server, but he was in a wr run in kz_toscana...i saw like 5 people at spec and only 1 ct and i went spec too to see what was happening, he finished the run WR...he was happy has i have never seen and shaking like WTFWTF i asked " why are you so happy" and other spec talked about wr's and xj and BOOM. :D flibo ftw

FragMcCracken mapper28/09/2011 09:31(edited 28/09/2011 09:58)

i started to kz 2006 on a nice finish server... using w-strafes and tons of cp.
one day i was on a lanparty at my friend and i didnt want to play anymore cuz i was tired. i looked for a HLTV server to watch some nice 5on5 but i found the XJ-HLTV with some cups....zhady vs shady was the first match i ever saw... i sit there with tears in my eyes cuz i never saw bhopping at normal maps and all hard stages were made so easily.... after the fifth cup ended i joined XJ

btw very nice topic

Ft.skY28/09/2011 13:38

FragMcCracken thx)

Puppey28/09/2011 17:58(edited 28/09/2011 17:59)

It all ensued quite serendipitously I know not where to begin.. in the darkest hours of profane brawling spree with Despair and mischievous Confusion (hours of revelation and epiphany as one might unrestrictively descrie), after realizing that this piteous existence is without a fairly clear purpose and that we exist by mistake, I chanced to be around an inet caffe with intensively dense population (mostly clueless vagrants), and decided to go out and scout the crammed and rather confined space.
I was immediately awestruck for such wonders ne'er I witnessed in my entire aimless lifetime. There I saw people, just jumping and having the time of their life, like all of their omnipresent worries and problems just vanished, gone into the eternal rayless and pathless oblivion. And so I inquired a few of them with intricately curious questions and after procuring the sufficient intelligence I slowly faded, along with the mist which dwelt there.

After attaining the required destination (my house) I immediately switched on my personal computer and downloaded my first kz map (which was kz_sandblock2) and started jumping. After realizing how good I was, I QtabEntered and deleted counter strike.
Many years later, I started jumping again and became pro.

Ft.skY28/09/2011 18:21

...and became pro
:)

itachi^28/09/2011 20:44

after a magical night ndr was already up, surfing xj on his laptop with no pants on :)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.