Copying trickjumps - your opinion?

Started by Zippow
17/10/2011 14:16
Page 1 of 2
Zippow17/10/2011 14:16

Something that really bothers me is when people copies trickjumps,

With copying trickjumps i mean that they perform something with the exact same circumstances as the guy who found/invented the trick, and then have it edited under their name.

I get it if it's done with heavier weapon or even with another technique but if you straight through copy a jump then whats the point of it?

What do you guys think? is it cool to see 5 different movies with the same jumps but under different names? what really enjoys you / amaze you about trickjumps, is it how hard something is or is it that this person actually found this TJ and was creative and then ontop of that performed it.


Mehrshad3D17/10/2011 14:30

Not at all

NOEL17/10/2011 20:08

I get a little annoyed when I see people doing trickjumps that I did "first".
But it's not as annoying as it is boring.
It's boring to watch the same tricks over and over.
What I enjoy about trickjumping is seeing new, creative stuff. Difficulty doesn't really matter that much to me. But ofc it's always cool to see some of those uber trickjumps beaten.

But to me, what I look for is if the jump is new, and creativity.

MAKEH LoVe GirL17/10/2011 21:46

If tj is good, np watch it few times i think.

qewi17/10/2011 21:53(edited 18/10/2011 15:46)

i've been saying the same for years and i always tried to find new jumps for the movies i made, it gets hard to find new jumps on the standard maps though, but there still are a few left!

i got about 10 demos lying around of tricks i think are unseen, i know a few others as well but didn't manage to make them when i was still trickjumping. so i know there are still jumps to do for the active jumpers!

Zippow17/10/2011 22:35

I agree totally with qewi, and same goes for me.

Ever since i started trickjumping i'd say 90 % of what i do is search for new ones, whats the point really of recording something that someone already made?

MJK18/10/2011 11:20

If the jump is hard id watch it again but if its the Thed Nuke jump and Bigrock to red to Fance on nuke @_@ Just Close it .. I have no problem watching hard jumps more than 1ce but ezy ones are just lame to watch

nobody^18/10/2011 11:54(edited 18/10/2011 11:57)

It actually annoys me pretty much indeed. I just hate seeing the same thing over and over.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I was the first one who thought of that trick on nuke(check my avatar). Or at least I haven't seen it anywhere else, and after 'IT STARTS' I saw it in in some movies. Of course, I am not saying that it's forbidden to record but at least try to achieve it with another technique, from other places etc, not with heaver/lighter weapon. =)

Anyway, great topic, hope that the more active recorders will have this in mind.

qewi18/10/2011 15:48(edited 23/10/2011 02:59)

i'd say if it's a really good one, like some uber jump that only one person has done before it's okay. the really hard and cool ones are okay to see in like two or three movies, but after that it's getting really boring.

and those jumps are more to show people that "yeah, i can make this jump too. it's not only that guy who can make it!".

flexiboi18/10/2011 15:54

GTfOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO zippow you suck

Zippow18/10/2011 16:17

Originally posted by flexiboi
GTfOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO zippow you suck


You forgot to write "OT:"

flexiboi18/10/2011 17:21

wtf do you mean? ok
GTfOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO zippow you suckOT:

Zippow18/10/2011 18:28

Originally posted by flexiboi
wtf do you mean? ok
GTfOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO zippow you suckOT:


Once again a flame/insult and you failed to write :OT before you write your offtopic insult.

finzer18/10/2011 20:00

well, i think when you "discover" a tj that is recorded many times by other players afterwards, you can be "proud" of it. (dunno if my sentence makes sense actually :) )

Jonde18/10/2011 20:40

Originally posted by nobody^
It actually annoys me pretty much indeed. I just hate seeing the same thing over and over.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I was the first one who thought of that trick on nuke(check my avatar). Or at least I haven't seen it anywhere else, and after 'IT STARTS' I saw it in in some movies. Of course, I am not saying that it's forbidden to record but at least try to achieve it with another technique, from other places etc, not with heaver/lighter weapon. =)

Anyway, great topic, hope that the more active recorders will have this in mind.


kelta did that tj in like 2009 but didnt bother to record it because it was too easy.

nobody^18/10/2011 20:50(edited 18/10/2011 20:50)

Originally posted by Jonde
Originally posted by nobody^
It actually annoys me pretty much indeed. I just hate seeing the same thing over and over.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I was the first one who thought of that trick on nuke(check my avatar). Or at least I haven't seen it anywhere else, and after 'IT STARTS' I saw it in in some movies. Of course, I am not saying that it's forbidden to record but at least try to achieve it with another technique, from other places etc, not with heaver/lighter weapon. =)

Anyway, great topic, hope that the more active recorders will have this in mind.


kelta did that tj in like 2009 but didnt bother to record it because it was too easy.


Me feels noob :no:

R0bAFraG18/10/2011 22:08

well, personally I also find very boring seeing the same TJs.
I think the difficulty is not the key of course..
Creativity and Originality of the TJ is what we all like to see

Gargoyle19/10/2011 10:11(edited 19/10/2011 10:12)

What's the point in submitting LJ's that are under the world record? Well, truth be told there's no sense in recording lj's in the first place but for the sense of self proud and virtual penis enlargement people do things...

If I was to do wraths de_inferno window to the roof I sure as hell would think it's freaking cool and would want to see it in a movie. There are trickjumps that only a few can do and if you're one of the few you should show it to the others. Also if you do it people see it being done in a maybe prettier style.

I don't really give a crap if a jump is done before but if I know it has been done before and with a heavier weapon or it's simply easy I just don't respect the jump to be "good" which downrates the movie itself.

I get that you're being selfish and "I want to be onlyone who's done that jump and everybody should know that" but when cool tjs come people tend to see if THEY can do it. If you're good making trickjumps do new ones, stop bitching about someone copying you.

Hitlooser19/10/2011 15:52

this topic definately shouldn't be in this section... anyway, i don't give a fuck about copying...

musaka19/10/2011 15:59

Originally posted by Gargoyle
What's the point in submitting LJ's that are under the world record? Well, truth be told there's no sense in recording lj's in the first place but for the sense of self proud and virtual penis enlargement people do things...

If I was to do wraths de_inferno window to the roof I sure as hell would think it's freaking cool and would want to see it in a movie. There are trickjumps that only a few can do and if you're one of the few you should show it to the others. Also if you do it people see it being done in a maybe prettier style.

I don't really give a crap if a jump is done before but if I know it has been done before and with a heavier weapon or it's simply easy I just don't respect the jump to be "good" which downrates the movie itself.

I get that you're being selfish and "I want to be onlyone who's done that jump and everybody should know that" but when cool tjs come people tend to see if THEY can do it. If you're good making trickjumps do new ones, stop bitching about someone copying you.

this

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.