How long do you think kayne will hold #1 spot

10/11/2011 20:14
Page 1 of 2
Scary Tournament #210/11/2011 20:14(edited 10/11/2011 20:15)

Will it be a flash or will he battle on and keep it for months or perhaps years?

How long do you think kayne will hold #1 spot?

It's a tough question since he's only 1 demo away from kelta and after striking 12 demos from him will we see a revenge? 5 demos down KKZ is peaking up and still looking like an incredible force if he decides to go more fullhearted into demo recording. Other than that we have a inactive pizza^ and slow but steady movement with the quality minded novice.

My verdict is that KeltA will try to take back the 1st place and join the very small group of people who has done it 3 times, but I think kayne is a big mouthful and the former champion will find it harder to dig deep for motivation. I think kayne could easily stay many months unless he decides to stop completely now that he has reached one of the biggest goals. If KKZ comes back, disregard anything above.

Tetriss10/11/2011 20:47

Indeed. Kayne is very powerful now and has a great form, undoubtedly. If he does not stop recording, he will probably dominate the top5 on first place with some bigger lead for a long time (as you mentioned months, why not..). I think KeltA is not really into some rough challenge and he won't try to reach first place immediately. I guess he stays on fire, but he will surely strike sometime !

VertikO10/11/2011 21:57

months if he keeps recording.

kyser10/11/2011 22:07

for ever if he keeps recording.

cahz0r Tournament #310/11/2011 23:20

i hope we`ll see an awesome fight for the first spot from that "kKk" group! i wouldn`t be impressed if koukouz will be in top1 in the next release.

For a long if kelta will comeback. For 2 weeks if kelta will not comeback.

P.S. I mean just what I wrote and didn't confuse anything.

actepukc^11/11/2011 11:19(edited 11/11/2011 11:20)

I think kayne can to protect this position very long time.This is easy for him just to continue upload some demos sometimes whit 1 or 2 demos in one release to save this 65 records very long time as it does in the Cosy-Climbing example :)

kaa11/11/2011 11:57(edited 11/11/2011 12:00)

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
For a long if kelta will comeback. For 2 weeks if kelta will not comeback.

P.S. I mean just what I wrote and didn't confuse anything.


i see what you mean, Shock. Past battle with kelta already created 1 monster, and kayne is most like be the second one, if kelta stays in business.

But I rather would not agree about your 2 weeks statement. Cause kayne has almost no competitors atm. One exception is novice, and kkz if he comes back ofc...

eMTi11/11/2011 13:06(edited 11/11/2011 13:30)

I can't predict if he stays on top in the next few weeks or if kelta is going to get "his" records back.
But if you're looking for long term developement, kayne surely is one that could go for 100+ wr's and stay on top for some time.

The reason for that can be found in his fails I think. Watching his latest records I was really amazed how he could achieve such good times even tho he failed so obviously. I mean many other guys (including the top10 players) are having a hard time beating him even with perfect runs. Kayne on the other hand only has to repeat the same run he already did, only with less fails - and he will get big improvements. I think that is the biggest indicator and reason why he will stay on top. He's just fuckin fast!

Btw I'm still hoping for a battles between kkz and novice. THAT would be awesome!!

edit: I was wondering how often novice's demos have been beaten in 2011: It only happend 5 times (!!!) in 2011 and by now he has taken back 2 of these 5 records... :D

killahurtZ11/11/2011 16:44(edited 11/11/2011 16:45)

now is 65 demos top1 when puppetz was top1 in same scenatio like this he upload 20 demos, he have 35 demos :D so back in the time if novice was recording then he would be 3 demos from top1 : >,

Back on the topic: Maybe he have goal to enter in XJ hall of fame and record 140 demos ? like kkz :)

jack frog11/11/2011 23:24

It was very surprising to see kayne rising up on top #1 suddenly. I hope there will be some enjoying competition between KeltA and kayne.

Originally posted by kaa
Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
For a long if kelta will comeback. For 2 weeks if kelta will not comeback.

P.S. I mean just what I wrote and didn't confuse anything.


i see what you mean, Shock. Past battle with kelta already created 1 monster, and kayne is most like be the second one, if kelta stays in business.

But I rather would not agree about your 2 weeks statement. Cause kayne has almost no competitors atm. One exception is novice, and kkz if he comes back ofc...


Well, actually kayne is going to give up kz for some time, but only if kelta won't come back. That means if kelta come back, kayne will keep on recording, successfull recording to protect his current top position.
If kelta won't comeback, then we won't see activity from kayne, which means for him to lose his position soon enough, especially watching his currently domination by one record only. So Yes, I might be mistaken about 2 weeks, yet he can easily lose his spot by the next release.
Somehow, I'm sure kelta won't back in the nearest time, so kayne is going to lose his top place in let's say a week.

kaa12/11/2011 09:46(edited 12/11/2011 09:50)

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
Originally posted by kaa
Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
For a long if kelta will comeback. For 2 weeks if kelta will not comeback.

P.S. I mean just what I wrote and didn't confuse anything.


i see what you mean, Shock. Past battle with kelta already created 1 monster, and kayne is most like be the second one, if kelta stays in business.

But I rather would not agree about your 2 weeks statement. Cause kayne has almost no competitors atm. One exception is novice, and kkz if he comes back ofc...


Well, actually kayne is going to give up kz for some time, but only if kelta won't come back. That means if kelta come back, kayne will keep on recording, successfull recording to protect his current top position.
If kelta won't comeback, then we won't see activity from kayne, which means for him to lose his position soon enough, especially watching his currently domination by one record only. So Yes, I might be mistaken about 2 weeks, yet he can easily lose his spot by the next release.
Somehow, I'm sure kelta won't back in the nearest time, so kayne is going to lose his top place in let's say a week.


Then I see no point in geeking up to top1 and giving up with 1 demo differrence. Except if it wasn't the actual goal...

Staying around for another couple of weeks, taking advantage of the skill he got atm, recording few more demos, probably have a battle for top1 with smbdy - would be much smarter :-)

nobody^12/11/2011 10:44(edited 12/11/2011 10:47)

I can imagine the battle of the year when novice gets #2... Novice has just perfect runs and I meant that! But for now, I think that the battle is going to be between kayne and KeltA. =)
I am sure that kayne is going to record more until he gets ahead with minimum 10 demos.

Number one spot is the point, no matter what is the domination about. Well, maybe it matters, but for me number one is number one and this is the fact and this is the goal.

kaynerecord holder12/11/2011 13:33(edited 13/11/2011 09:50)

I'll stay on first spot as long as no one beats any demo from me, or if KeltA or koukouz sends demos. I'm already close to lose one of my latest demos to VNS, heard he's geeking.

I'm done with recording for a while, I'll most likely only record if I lose a map I really like, like kz_man_climbersxp, but I doubt it will be beaten in a while unless 7D makes a comeback in the next coming days. :]

Scary Tournament #213/11/2011 13:56

Kelta should go an try climbersxp, like a baws. That would be monster statement.

You know it!

tin☼pEE13/11/2011 17:53

2 weeks

balling13/11/2011 22:36

Kayne will be there forever!
- if he stops making wr realeases.

kaynerecord holder13/11/2011 23:20

Originally posted by balling
Kayne will be there forever!
- if he stops making wr realeases.

Wouldn't help, we still got Vee to cover up. ;)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.