Models are dark
When i load the map in cs i get this
http://prikachi.com/images/746/4791746N.jpg
http://prikachi.com/images/749/4791749I.jpg
http://prikachi.com/images/752/4791752p.jpg
can someone tell me the reason why is this happening? I messed up the lights somehow or.. ?
cant see the picture
try it:http://imgur.com/
http://i.imgur.com/bPiVb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OAeqI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/15ajX.jpg
Originally posted by D@NG3R`http://i.imgur.com/bPiVb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OAeqI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/15ajX.jpg
- Is this happening only on this map ?
well i started to use new compiler tools - vhlt and.. since then i get this with the models
Originally posted by D@NG3R`well i started to use new compiler tools - vhlt and.. since then i get this with the models
- Probably is for that ...
Yeah but there must be a solution..
Originally posted by D@NG3R`Yeah but there must be a solution..
- I send you on PM what you need to do ! :D
R u normal?
Whats the point of sending pm and replying here? Is it a private problem or what?
D@NGER
u use cycler_sprite with deafult properties?
yes only add the model
i think if u will use ZHLT it will work better :)
i know if i use zhlt then this will be fixed but i like the lights better with vhlt
be sure there is a textured world-brush (no NULL/CLIP/etc.) somewhere beneath:
http://manionsen.bplaced.net/pics/lightning.jpg
so the problem is
If your model's distance is greater than this value it will be pitch black
its much more simple... look for actual model origin in VHE. The whole model gets lightdata from surface just beneath model origin. If your model origin is inside worldbrush (wall) then lightdata will be incorrect even the rest model is in the map.
Solution: move your model, so its origin (cross) is not in a wall (worldbrush), and not above null/sky brush
U mean this?
http://i.imgur.com/SeTSc.jpg
looking though your screens again I noticed that player model has also bugged lightmap everywhere. I think that it actually might be just bad lighting issue (or entity brush as ground). I would suggest to set up lights properly or use some other compiling tool
and how exactly to set them up properly ?
What if u put lights near the model?
I tried that it still doesn't work
read here
http://manionsen.bplaced.net/modelling.html
Please log in to post replies.