Mission: Make Xtreme-jumps a better place to

Started by Zippow
06/07/2012 10:02
Page 2 of 3
WOOFix06/07/2012 14:52

Contibution to the community is a subjective point of view imo.

KAFDS contributes to it in a certain way because he takes time to right posts (even if they seem a bit "trolly") and in the end this keeps the forum (so the community) alive.

A human being should understand that whereas a bot couldn't ZipploW. Please make an effort, you seem like an unfriendly admin who just gives warnings for asking when the release will be ready (I lol'd on that one also but hey it's the rules TROLOLOL).

Wikky06/07/2012 15:26

When there are 5-10 demos in the release,i personally enjoy each demo.Download them right away and watch them.But when there are like 30+ demos,what's the point?I will download like 50% of the demos (only the best) and ignore the other ones,because they seem lame compared to the good ones.
Тhe botom line is that fast releases keeps the members satisfied like timing and like demos.

2Dex Tournament #206/07/2012 16:34(edited 06/07/2012 16:38)

Originally posted by Alphaz
About the release thing...
2Dex, it's not like u put 3 demos in fps death and done
Show some respect to this guy, he's making releases all the time. If you dont want to wait so long, find a guy that know how to check demos and have enough time. I guess after a long time its getting boring, u cant find time to check demos, or u're just simply lazy.

I know that demochecking isn't only opening the record in fps death,but to check 3 demos per day it takes not more than 40 minutes top!How the hell can someone be an admin if he cant spare 40 minutes of his day for this community.


@susooo i didn't quite understood the fast releases argument.
"cant pick a random guy to be a demo admin" - You have no idea how many "not random guys" you can find in the member list.There are a lot of great democheckers from other communities like uq-kz,bkz even cosy(and more of course).New details could be explained about the way a demo should be checked and done!A new demochecker!

And it isn't necessary to remove the old demochecker.It is fine to have more than one,so they can spread their work.

Zippow06/07/2012 17:03

Originally posted by WOOF.exe


A human being should understand that whereas a bot couldn't ZipploW. Please make an effort, you seem like an unfriendly admin who just gives warnings for asking when the release will be ready (I lol'd on that one also but hey it's the rules TROLOLOL).


Would you mind explaining why I seem to be an unfriendly admin because I'm following the regulations that I've been given as an admin?

CamelCloudrecord holder06/07/2012 17:30(edited 06/07/2012 17:33)

I haven't agreed more with anyone, 2Dex. Words like that are rare to find these days on XJ, and we'll try to make them not go for granted. I have always said that XJ has some very weird rules, especially the one that warns you for asking for a release. Small, sweet releases are the key to making this community somewhat more active again and checking 2-3 demos a day should not be a problem for anyone, even if you spend a lot more time doing real life stuff than stuff concerned the community.

We were also promised monthly map releases, what happened - again? Last one was two months ago, and it was the only map release held during this "monthly map agreement". XJ is in my opinion lacking motivated admins in these important positions. Forum admins are not needed, regular site admins in general.

The community is just fed up because of these constant let-downs concerning the various releases..

FLP06/07/2012 23:07

Originally posted by 2Dex
The release thing.As i said recently in the chatbox.Release is a treat for all members.When there is a release every week,everyone is happy and no one asks for releases,but when you delay it with 16 days or more people start coplaining.It is not hard to check 2-3 demos per day and you can't convince me in the opposite.If Vee don't have enough time,why he is a admin (nothing against Vee personally)?Pick new admins that will spare more time for this community.You pick admins to do something and then you say how they don't have time or something else for XJ.
We voted for small and fast releases in the past.Was that just a random question or a way to make this community better?When there are 5-10 demos in the release,i personally enjoy each demo.Download them right away and watch them.But when there are like 30+ demos,what's the point?I will download like 50% of the demos (only the best) and ignore the other ones,because they seem lame compared to the good ones.
Тhe botom line is that fast releases keeps the members satisfied like timing and like demos.

Admins keep blaming the members,but the problem isn't there.How can we get a warning for asking for a release?This is the most ridiculous thing ever.We don't ask for this after 5-6 days after the release,but after more than 10 days and it is normal to do that.At least when there is a delay,post a news - reason and some approximate time when to expect the new wr's.
This is my opinion on this topic.Hope it helps somehow.


EVERY FUCKING WORD IS TRUE,but you are just waisting your time,I probably wrote same comment 2 or 3 times already and they are just ignoring me.

my comment from thread ,,Have more admins usefull?''
|
|
Originally posted by FLP
XJ DOESN'T NEED MORE FORUM ADMINS,XJ NEEDS MORE DEMO ADMINS.Don't know why are you always paying attention on unimportant things like banning people like kafds instead of actually doing some work for this community.Faster demo release,faster lj release(something like once a month at least),regular Rotws,regular map release,maybe some interviews from time to time that's what we want to see.For years you are crying about that there aren't enough demo admins,ffs make a news ,,We need more demo admins. Please make application here.'' and I'm sure that you will find some guys with enough knowledge and experience.


AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO WRITE THAT SHIT THAT YOU CAN'T FIND SOMEONE WHOM YOU CAN TRUST,FFS KAYNE(ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHEATERS EVER) WAS DEMO ADMIN AND NOTHING HAPPEND.

FLP06/07/2012 23:09

Originally posted by FLP
Originally posted by 2Dex
The release thing.As i said recently in the chatbox.Release is a treat for all members.When there is a release every week,everyone is happy and no one asks for releases,but when you delay it with 16 days or more people start coplaining.It is not hard to check 2-3 demos per day and you can't convince me in the opposite.If Vee don't have enough time,why he is a admin (nothing against Vee personally)?Pick new admins that will spare more time for this community.You pick admins to do something and then you say how they don't have time or something else for XJ.
We voted for small and fast releases in the past.Was that just a random question or a way to make this community better?When there are 5-10 demos in the release,i personally enjoy each demo.Download them right away and watch them.But when there are like 30+ demos,what's the point?I will download like 50% of the demos (only the best) and ignore the other ones,because they seem lame compared to the good ones.
Тhe botom line is that fast releases keeps the members satisfied like timing and like demos.

Admins keep blaming the members,but the problem isn't there.How can we get a warning for asking for a release?This is the most ridiculous thing ever.We don't ask for this after 5-6 days after the release,but after more than 10 days and it is normal to do that.At least when there is a delay,post a news - reason and some approximate time when to expect the new wr's.
This is my opinion on this topic.Hope it helps somehow.


EVERY FUCKING WORD IS TRUE,but you are just waisting your time,I probably wrote same comment 2 or 3 times already and they are just ignoring me.

my comment from thread ,,Have more admins usefull?''
|
|
Originally posted by FLP
XJ DOESN'T NEED MORE FORUM ADMINS,XJ NEEDS MORE DEMO ADMINS.Don't know why are you always paying attention on unimportant things like banning people like kafds instead of actually doing some work for this community.Faster demo release,faster lj release(something like once a month at least),regular Rotws,regular map release,maybe some interviews from time to time that's what we want to see.For years you are crying about that there aren't enough demo admins,ffs make a news ,,We need more demo admins. Please make application here.'' and I'm sure that you will find some guys with enough knowledge and experience.


AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO WRITE THAT SHIT THAT YOU CAN'T FIND SOMEONE WHOM YOU CAN TRUST,FFS KAYNE(ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHEATERS EVER) WAS DEMO ADMIN AND NOTHING HAPPEND.


Originally posted by ZippoW
Originally posted by WOOF.exe


A human being should understand that whereas a bot couldn't ZipploW. Please make an effort, you seem like an unfriendly admin who just gives warnings for asking when the release will be ready (I lol'd on that one also but hey it's the rules TROLOLOL).


Would you mind explaining why I seem to be an unfriendly admin because I'm following the regulations that I've been given as an admin?

Tip for you,stop banning/warning people who are asking for a release 15 days after the last one.

WqkO06/07/2012 23:51

I personnaly don't care that much about demo releases, but you should schedule one per week, each friday night for instance (so that runners have their weekend to perform runs), and release the demos, no matter how many got checked.

If the demochecker didn't check any demo during the week, make him write a short news where he personnaly apologizes and explains the reason of the delay.

- If the reason is understandable (exams, travels, ...), then I guess the community will understand and won't be mad about it. Otherwise, if somebody starts flaming at him in the news' comments, punish him. He could also tell in the news, when he is likely to have some time later to check the demos, that would be great.

- If the reason seems random or a simple lack of motivation, the staff should start looking for an other admin to help/do the job.


With this system at least, chatbox won't be spammed anymore. :)

propanelj record holder06/07/2012 23:58

Originally posted by Alphaz
Originally posted by Grrr
I think deleting this http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?102905 thread would help alot.


Also lets delete LJ Records, Longjumping section and all that shit yea...
Kick off longjumping from Kreedz, it is and it will be always part of it.


and a + on 2dex post

remake07/07/2012 02:15

True words about kayne, FLP. He was caught for cheating and leaked the admin version of FPSDeath; he was pretty much the last person you could trust the demochecking tools to. Yet you did it, and he managed to do his job well, so stop bullshitting about that you cannot hire anybody as a demochecker. There are plenty of trustworthy people in here who would be willing to do this.

Harley07/07/2012 03:16

First of all - thank you for your input and resonance, guys. And thank you, ZippoW, for opening this thread.

I think I speak for each and everyone of us by saying that the current state this community is in has a lot of potential to being improved.

However, we've now been only discussing the release issue. On this one, you all have a point. I personally agree the key is to keep a steady rate of releases - no matter their size. Still, I suppose that realising this is not an easy task. But as I lack any knowledge on demochecking nor know any possible candidates to accommodate Vee don't nail me down on this. I simply am not too versed in the kreedz community.

But, which would be my personal focal point of this thread, the way people act towards each other lately really worries me. Sure, 2Dex, "it can't be flowers and rainbows" all the time. Still, I think having a bad and stressful day (like I had today, yesterday and all the past few weeks, just incase anybody cares) doesn't justify the total let down of good manners, bashing on other people and acting like jerks in the chat box.
On the other hand I also can understand your despisement on the recent warnings for repeatedly asking about the release. Hence I hope that you will find more detailed rules on correct chatbox and forums behaviour and consequences of breaking these in the near future.
From my point of view, we have been too forgiving and maybe too harsh on some cases in the past and that's why I'm campaigning for more precise rules - just as mentioned above.
Don't get me wrong - I don't want XJ to be a top-down orientated community at all. But if this would be a company I'm ordered to consult my first advice to the management would be to work out a central theme and follow it more strictly.

Keep your input flowing in, lads! We appreciate any ideas and participation! :)

Remote07/07/2012 15:25(edited 07/07/2012 15:26)

Haven't read the thread yet and for start I would like to suggest you to use the proper date format.

WqkO07/07/2012 18:02

Originally posted by Remote
Haven't read the thread yet and for start I would like to suggest you to use the proper date format.

Even if it's a detail, I agree with that, since I would bet above 95% use the Day/Month/Year format.

koukouz mapperrecord holder08/07/2012 00:01

Originally posted by Remote
Haven't read the thread yet and for start I would like to suggest you to use the proper date format.


This guy is onto something.

On a complementary note... stop refusing great cup admins who offer their help, for the love of the Jesus.

froster08/07/2012 14:53

I've got a suggestion about the "people" who don't stop spamming.If a guy gets warned, he has no right to use the forum and the chat box for the period he's got a warning.
Example : I get warned for a double post in the chat box for 10 days, therefor I can't use the chat box for 10 days.

Is it a good suggestion ? It just came in my head, if you like it, put it on probation for a week and you will see how the spam will stop. Hope I helped. Good luck and great job with the thread ZippoW.

Lesicrecord holder12/07/2012 13:42

Well, as (I think) XJ is getting more and more inactive these days there are a lot changes that have to be done.

First of all, the community needs demo releases more frequently. As you might have noticed releases in any kind of format keep XJ alive and make the members visit this site.
So you might have to look for a new demochecker, just make an application thingy and I'm sure you will find someone you can trust. I don't think this guy has to be thaaat experienced, since you can teach him how to check a demo anyways.
Just set up specific days during the week/month where you release demos/ROTWs/Weeklys/Maps/etc. and the community will become much more active again.

Also you might have to write new rules or update the current ones. I think you got a little bit strict in the past, for example in the case of /ct during a run, why would this affect the run?

Also I would suggest you to listen to those flamers, no matter how annoying they are - they for sure got a point, especially if it's not only one person who's spamming. As in the case of cheaters, just tell eDark to recheck them for example and let the community know that you're working on it.

Also, like some others already mentioned, tell the community when delays happen and tell us the reasons.

So the first step would be getting new and active admins in the near future imo.

/Lesic

2Dex Tournament #203/12/2012 16:02

Okay, i cant post this in chatbox,because 100 characters are not enough.
Who cares about some stupid monthly challange,mod or a random movie.Get a new demochecker, damn it!Vee obviously can't do his job right!And if the reason isn't Vee,than this is even sadder.Over a month and 80+ demos.Yes,i know it has been said milion times before,but thats just ridiculous. This is like if no new videos can be posted in youtube or idk what else...
"Mission: Make Xtreme-jumps a better place to" - a lot of opinions were said and no effect. In the past year this community is just getting worse and worse.

toytoy03/12/2012 16:29

I'd love to hear Vee's opinion on this topic.

Torex-):-D moviemaker03/12/2012 18:07

its funny how all of you are trying to be smart and at the same moment you are all failing to do that haha

2Dex Tournament #203/12/2012 18:16

Originally posted by Torex-):-D
its funny how all of you are trying to be smart and at the same moment you are all failing to do that haha

Yes,you showed us a perfect example of that :)

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.