ndR's ultimate moviemaking jukebox
My favourite part of moviemaking takes actually part before the editing and even before doing all those startmovies: picking up a song.
It's part of some kind of brainstorming process during which you set your ideas, the atmopshere, the style, and thus the soundtrack.
It is in my opinion the most important part of a video project, even more than the video itself. But it's unfortunately the biggest lack of most of gaming and kz moviemakers. Not matter how awesome the content or the editing will be, it won't work with a shitty music.
I decided to create this thread after being asked for the 1000th time if I had some "good" music in my pocket for a movie.
I'm in fact going to post a song every day, that I think could be awesome for a montage or a clip , kz or not.
I guess it will mostly interest moviemakers but I hope I'll also be able to make the other discover what I consider as "good music".
Since it's the first day of the thread, I'll post 3 songs, so it doesn't look too empty. Here we go:
Track #1 — Electro Hop: C2C - Down The Road : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1uUIJPD0Nk
Track #2 — Rock Hop: Ozomatli - Saturday Night : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5BNwN0B-0
Track #3 — Electro Ballad: Lorn - Softroom : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPPdkxE7S0
Track #4 — French Touch: Irish Steph - Power part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3v6QrM96Mo
Track #5 — Electro Hop: C2C - The Beat : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juNu52zNY0
Track #6 — Hip Hop: M.O.P. - Ante Up Remix : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJW-1TrGVHQ
Track #7 — Alternative Rock: Radiohead - Talk Show Host : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU7sUENatUU
Track #8 — Action Rock: Cliff Lin - Nightfall : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUr2mn9uc34
Track #9 — French Electro: Uppermost - Faster : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtS3lxnWjNU
Track #10 — Dubstep: Excision & Datsik - Deviance (Dirtyphonics Remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzLkS3JFLA
Track #11 — Hybrid Electronica: GRiZ - Smash The Funk : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsSzq5h2-tc
Track #12 — Soft Dubstep: The M Machine - Shadow In The Rose Garden : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-rbT4NBuPE
Track #13 — Electro Scratchin': C2C - Le Banquet : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HegFilQ26I
Track #14 — Mainstream Electro: Wolfgang Gartner - Love & War : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2W-0UsYdY
Track #15 — Drum 'n Step: MONSTA - Holdin' On (Skrillex & NERO remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkeZ2kwpkM
Track #16 — Power Electro: J.A.C.K - Kids : https://soundcloud.com/daftfriend/j-a-c-k-kids-1
Track #17 - GuitarStep: PLAYMA - Guitar Anthem : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6RUKRGgkVo
(Actually all the music comes from my private Youtube favourite playlist but it wouldn't be fun to give it all at once ;-)
Well ndR you are right in all words you said but there is something you failed, you can't just give songs, the moviemaker needs to feel the song, needs to imagine the clip with that song, for example, even I love your edits, I can't use your songs, that's not my style so it's useless to me ask you for songs :)
But well, someone can use them, I think so =D
Pretty nice topic actually ! I'll post some ideas soon ;)
This could be a good idea for moviemakers that lack good songs, the bad part is that these songs might get über overused :/
Lol i know the second song from Mx vs ATV Unleashed, oldass game :D
Originally posted by zythH^Well ndR you are right in all words you said but there is something you failed, you can't just give songs, the moviemaker needs to feel the song, needs to imagine the clip with that song, for example, even I love your edits, I can't use your songs, that's not my style so it's useless to me ask you for songs :)
But well, someone can use them, I think so =D
I know what you mean, but the list is here to give a broad range of choice! Meaning that I don't listen to the same kind of music all the time, even if my edits are centered around electro-ish stuff.
I've got hundreds of awesome songs which could just be perfect for any kind of gaming video, and that are from very different style.
This is why the point of the thread is already to make people discover good artists but also, when the list is longer, to let people being able to pick up a song that would fit the movie idea they got in mind :-)
This could be a good idea for moviemakers that lack good songs, the bad part is that these songs might get über overused :/
No worries, there won't be overused songs :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8U8C-m-3tQ had an eye on this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmfEuc0TC0E also))
Song of the day:
Track #4: Irish Steph - Power part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3v6QrM96Mo
Good idea ndr ! I also think the music is most important part of every movie . It gave movie what exactly he is .
In my opinion , movie with " the best music " is brian the movie 2 , made by 8ball1 . This guy showed his creativity in so many times . Music in this movie is awesome , pretty good combination of relaxing music . It always makes me to try something what brian did in movie , hah !
Good combination of music can make movie pretty good !
Originally posted by ndROriginally posted by zythH^Well ndR you are right in all words you said but there is something you failed, you can't just give songs, the moviemaker needs to feel the song, needs to imagine the clip with that song, for example, even I love your edits, I can't use your songs, that's not my style so it's useless to me ask you for songs :)
But well, someone can use them, I think so =D
I know what you mean, but the list is here to give a broad range of choice! Meaning that I don't listen to the same kind of music all the time, even if my edits are centered around electro-ish stuff.
I've got hundreds of awesome songs which could just be perfect for any kind of gaming video, and that are from very different style.
This is why the point of the thread is already to make people discover good artists but also, when the list is longer, to let people being able to pick up a song that would fit the movie idea they got in mind :-)
Well I want to give you one idea. Make sub-topics, like pick some songs and put them in different areas.
Example:
Link1
Link2
Dubstep:
Link1
Link2
Electro:
Link1
Link2
Got it? :p
I'm too lazy to create sub-topics to be honest haha :D
What I can do is tagging the songs so people know what kind of music it's going to be :-)
Song of the day:
Track #5: C2C - The Beat : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juNu52zNY0
Hi there just check this artists.
CRYPTEX
THE TRICKAZ
GRAMATIK
GOD IS AND ASTRONAUT
MGK
and song
Area 51, C-Mob – Don't Make Me None
OneRepublic - Good Life
Imagine Dragons - Round and round
Awesome thread.
Song of the day:
Track #5: C2C - The Beat
its for meh!!
Do u know what interests me ndR? Id like to know the way you actually search for songs. Do u know the names of bands/artists?
Coz lets say I have a movie and I can imagine which kind of music would fit, but I do have usually problem finding the song on youtube, because of the fact I do not know artists.
What is the way you search for music? Do u just write "electro" in the youtube column and thats it?
Yonderboi - Trains In The Night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Y9YtzJNCM
Originally posted by ndRI'm too lazy to create sub-topics to be honest haha :D
What I can do is tagging the songs so people know what kind of music it's going to be :-)
Song of the day:
Track #5: C2C - The Beat : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juNu52zNY0
I remember one your edit with this song :
Jamaica - Cross the Fader
Great song , i think this is right song for kz-edits (especially for enegric run) .
Originally posted by killahurtZYonderboi - Trains In The Night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Y9YtzJNCM
Best electronic artist from my country
also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7dPo9kWX2s
Song of the day:
Track #6 — Hip Hop: M.O.P. - Ante Up Remix (ft Busta Rhymes,...) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJW-1TrGVHQ
Do u know what interests me ndR? Id like to know the way you actually search for songs. Do u know the names of bands/artists?
Coz lets say I have a movie and I can imagine which kind of music would fit, but I do have usually problem finding the song on youtube, because of the fact I do not know artists.
What is the way you search for music? Do u just write "electro" in the youtube column and thats it?
To tell the truth, the only thing that motivates me to make a kz movie is a song, nothing else.
Someone coming up on Steam friends asking "Can you do a movie for me?" won't work with me.
I actually never really search music, I just listen to music a lot (2-3 hours / day minimum) and sometimes I get like a "mind flash" that makes me want to make a movie with this precise song.
Apart from that, I'm extremely aware to what I hear, in the street, while watching TV, and so on.
I put everything I like in my Youtube favourite list as soon as possible, so it rather helps alot to keep everything safe.
I suscribed alot of music blogs, to a lot of Youtube music uploaders, and I just listen to everything they post.
That's aproximately how I do, but keep in mind it takes some time.
Please log in to post replies.