New lj technique.

Started by Count
05/02/2007 19:07
Read-Only
Page 4 of 9
hiGGe06/02/2007 09:10

i dont understand y some ppl say that its bhopping
sry but i cant do a 249 units bhop even with normal lj blocks :/

InseN
that y you start bhop lower than if do it with doubleduck, if you dd that jump you just "skip" that part wich make the edgefriction. it's "almost" same as doing normal lj (imo)... and alltough soul did 251.xx units in that 241hj and i think count didnt do as much units in his dd-hlj so IMO it cant be compared as hj in hj-WR's cos it's not "highjump" if u get what i mean. alltough my opinion is that it's should use to do new WR's in kz-maps.. not to make new hj-WR's cos as i said before it's not "highjump"

faker mapper06/02/2007 11:11

Count: Very good job mate :) You've found a trick to fool the CS engine and make a highjump as easy as a normal longjump (with the same lenght) would be.

That's UBER and will open the gates for a lot of new shortcuts or trickjumps.

herlotz: I made that jump WITHOUT that trick... 2 times in a row :D (for the Trickjump contest).

InseN, soul|ftw, hiGGe, drewbie: Those technique, even though it's a great finding, won't be accepted for the highjump records of course. Highjump records are meant to perform the best highjump under normal highjump conditions. Therefore bhopping the highjumps or using this trick are NOT allowed.

Explanation: Using that trick is NOT exactly the same as bhopping highjumps. It's just the same effect :) When you bhop highjumps you are skipping that slowdown which is caused by the edgefriction. Highjump-bhoplongjumps are normal Bhoplonjumps therefore. And the record is 243. So 249 would be uber after all ;)
BUT: When you are using Count's trick you skip the slowdown, which is caused by edgefriction, too. The Highjump gets to a normal longjump, pretty much the same way as the inferno jump (ernstaugust jump). Anyway, it's a bit harder than a normal longjump because you have to doubleduck before you jump off, which is making it a lot of harder to get a perfect timing in the whole lj technique.

I hope the Highjump guide, which is still at work (it's true! :D) will clear those things up, soon.

once again: my respects are going out to COUNT who fucked the CS engine. :x

Thats an effort for sure ;)

gj


//edit: Count:

Could you make 3 demos for comparison please, at 235 or 230: 1) Normal HJ 2) Ur techniue 3) Bhop the HJ

It's for the highjump article. To add numbers and facts ;)


[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 05:04PM ]

ScooteR06/02/2007 15:20

Im not @ my pc atm so i cant know exactly what ur talkin bout but gj anyway :)

SkillHaCk06/02/2007 15:38

can someone make some article how to make it for newbs pls :p

Starz06/02/2007 16:10

`Nice count you keep surprising us :) Going to try it right now!

Count06/02/2007 16:27

Thx again all. And ty faker <3

//edit: Count:

Could you make 3 demos for comparison please, at 235 or 230: 1) Normal HJ 2) Ur techniue 3) Bhop the HJ

It's for the highjump article. To add numbers and facts ;)
[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 02:07PM ]

faker



here u go http://download.kzno.org/ljrec/demos/To_faker.rar

:)

NeMiQ2206/02/2007 16:37

very GJ Count! You are LJ machine and now HJ machine too. :)

KNiFEAR06/02/2007 16:43

btw, is there an official name for this method?




teh_counthaxjump?xD

tjubby06/02/2007 16:57

I made 243 bhop after 5 tryes or some thing on the hjs and even w/o stand ups.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tpjzz3

So what I think is that its easier to bhop when its a hj. And the same thing is with counts technique, so you will jump shorter with a normal lj (Hope someone understood what I was trying to say :/). HF!

Just made 245 3 tryes.
[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 04:59PM ]

faker mapper06/02/2007 17:07

gj tjubby.

But I don't agree with you

245 Bhop HJ = 245 Bhop LJ :)

It's just the Bhop Longjumps which are uber hard in kz_longjumps :D (nobody knows why).

Try to Bhop LJ on normal longjumps and you will see that they are the same as a HJ Bhop LJ.

And the same thing is with counts technique, so you will jump shorter with a normal lj (Hope someone understood what I was trying to say :/

tjubby


No, sorry. I can't understand it :(

--

Count: Thanks. I'll analyse them with eDark and the facts/numbers will be added in the Highjump Guide, too :)



[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 05:08PM ]

tjubby06/02/2007 17:17

Im pretty sure it is faker. I tryed 243 normal lj for a long time now and I couldent make it. I think the same think happends when you bhop on a hj as when you turn edgefriction off.

Just try it out yourself

[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 05:24PM ]

faker mapper06/02/2007 17:21

Ok, looks like I need to take a deep look into those demos when I'm back at home.

And I'm going to need eDark, too.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #206/02/2007 17:47

When you bhop HJ, there is the same thing as edgefriction 0, a little acceleration :)

herlotz06/02/2007 18:06


herlotz: I made that jump WITHOUT that trick... 2 times in a row :D (for the Trickjump contest).

faker


i know faker.. i can do too.. i think its a 230 or something.. but he can make very more easy that hj now.. i think he can did that in first try in a run.. and given him.. 2 min shortcut ;)

Gl.

[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 06:19PM ]

zhady Tournament #206/02/2007 19:17

Herlotz if you're talking about the crazytown sc you're way lost and dont know the map at all.. That sc will give u like 10 secs ;O
[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 07:18PM ]

faker mapper06/02/2007 19:25

He's talking about that BIG LJ sc at shaktiblock which gives you 1-2 mins :D

herlotz06/02/2007 19:58

Hahah :D

Starz06/02/2007 22:08

Count can you explain this new tech step by step, please mate? I cant quite get the hang of it :(

ndR moviemaker Tournament #206/02/2007 22:21

hehehe 247HJ with this technique ^^

tjubby06/02/2007 22:34

Made 249 now :D <3

Count made 250!!
[ Edited Tue Feb 06 2007, 10:46PM ]

Page 4 of 9