communitybhop - map uploaded

Started by hm^ mapper VIP
04/01/2013 12:47
Page 6 of 11

looks so awesome!

Twix^25/01/2013 01:39

Wow, the screens in hammer! GJ ;)

hm^ mapper VIP30/01/2013 09:54

One day left Gentlemen!!!

hm^ mapper VIP31/01/2013 11:41

You have time until 23:59 today to submit your blocks!!!

hm^ mapper VIP01/02/2013 00:10

The uploadprocess is closed now!
For the next steps look at the timeline. =)
I am sorry Cetys, but you loosed your spot.

zythH^ moviemaker01/02/2013 00:15

hm^ it's lost* :p

Can't wait to test it :D

hm^ mapper VIP01/02/2013 21:03

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Time to announce special guest Nr.1!

Let´s say hello to s0liD.

The creator of 19 kz_maps and 7 custommaps.

hm^:
Hey s0liD, nice to meet you.
Can you please introdruce yourself?

s0liD:
Hi, my name's David and I'm 22 year's old.
Im studying and doing part time jobs to cover the funds.

hm^:
So David, now for me is following the most interesting question.
How did you find the way to kreedz?

s0liD:
Well it may be funny but it was pure coincidence.
I got back home from school and my younger brother was playing 1.6 on my PC.
He was playing giantbean_b15 and I was like.. whats that bro?
I started to make fun of him saying what kind of bullshit are you playing :D..
later on I tried it aswell and I liked it.
So thats how or thats how I remember first time seeying a kreedz map

hm^:
Directly infected :D. After joining the scene. When did you start with mapping?

s0liD:
Not quite sure. I was a player for some time then I found out you can make those damn levels yourself.
So.. I started reading and learning about it. Still remember the first map I was working on.
didnt know how to use vertex and clipping so the map was just a huge empty block with
spike jumps cylinders and blocks :D

hm^:
Yeah, i think everybody started this hard way. Did you have some help or a teacher/friend
where show you some tricks in mapping?

s0liD:
Nope, I was on my own. It was way more rewarding that way.
Ofcourse later on i tried to contact some of the experienced mappers but only because of compile problems i was experiencing.

hm^:
After years in 1.6 you went to kzmod. Do you actually have some mappingprojects there?

s0liD:
Yeah I've made couple of maps there.
example: mausolus ..
I´ve remade Chrizzys xtremeblock and many more.
Actualy im working remaking j2s_4tunnels. Im 85% done with it and Im pretty happy how it turned out.
Im not sure why mappers stay with 1.6. Its not like a mapper really play's his map.
I as a mapper am impressed in the things you can achieve with source engine and also
It makes me improve my knowledge in mapping.
Many think the mapping in source is different. In FACT its the exact same stuff but you
have more options how to make your map's look good and stand out.
And a mod with a dedicated team that has potential to become something.

hm^:
That sounds that you have a lot of fun there. =)
So, are ready for some quickies?

s0liD:
sure

hm^:
Hell yeah, here we go. Your first map?

s0liD:
slD_bside_winter

hm^:
Your best map?

s0liD:
kz_nix

hm^:
Your favorite 1.6 map?

s0liD:
kz_man_terablock

hm^:
Bhop- or climbmaps?

s0liD:
Both. But combination of climb and bhop in one map I truly hate.
Dont do it people!! :D

hm^:
Haha. Hard or easy maps?

s0liD:
Easy, i am a bad player.
That´s why all of my maps are easy.

hm^:
Welcome in my club. It belongs also to me...:D
Long or short maps?

s0liD:
I like both. It depends on how the map looks really.
If its boring and monotonous then I´d rather prefer a short map :D

hm^:
Favorite maptheme?

s0liD:
I like to do nature maps. Its a theme that I really like to do.
I once tried to make a city map and I failed pretty bad.

hm^:
Your favorite mapper?

s0liD:
My favorite mapper is perd0. :D
Spent couple of hours chatting and playing maps with that dude.

hm^:
Will we ever see again a 1.6 map from you?

s0liD:
Wouldnt count on it. ;D

hm^:
So, after stealing a lot of time from you.
Wanna leave some greetings for somebody or anything else to say?

s0liD:
I would like to thank people for playing my maps because i´ve spent my time doing them.
Would like to thank my girlfriend for doing so much for me.
Greetings to everyone. Have fun people because that´s all that matters.
PS: How do you guys keep finding me on steam? I've changed my name so many times! ;DDD

hm^:
I find everybody. You can´t hide. :P
David, thanks a lot that i was able to catch some lines from you.

s0liD:
It was nothing really. Wait i sec ill show you a minimap Im doing for the tunnels remake.
If youre interested I would like to hear what you think about it

hm^:
OK, interview ends here. I have to test a map.:D
10 minutes later...

Hell yeah guys, stay tuned for s0lids new map.
It is that fucking awesome. :P


See you again at the 06/02/2013 with new screens!

WeMeRA01/02/2013 21:14

^ that was something special

Mik001/02/2013 21:27

wow an interview here :) gj

omilo01/02/2013 22:41

This stuff should have been put up on the frontpage from the beginning. Keep it up....really good job hm^

hoLy mapper01/02/2013 23:26

This stuff should have been put up on the frontpage from the beginning. Keep it up....really good job hm^

omilo

nobody^02/02/2013 00:31

Originally posted by hm^
hm^:
Will we ever see again a 1.6 map from you?

s0liD:
Wouldnt count on it. ;D


Ouch! Made me sad actually. :(

Great interview though!

duRke02/02/2013 00:50

;)

hm^ mapper VIP06/02/2013 15:00

Updatet!

zythH^ moviemaker06/02/2013 15:37

http://download.ultradownloads.com.br/wallpaper/277488_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Vomitando-Arco-Iris_800x600.jpg

KrA40n1 mapper06/02/2013 20:02

Originally posted by zythH^
http://download.ultradownloads.com.br/wallpaper/277488_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Vomitando-Arco-Iris_800x600.jpg

+1

rica06/02/2013 20:22

wooowwww looks very nice

KarLi mapper09/02/2013 02:38

space egypt theme rocks!

cologne09/02/2013 03:41

looks great

hm^ mapper VIP10/02/2013 20:04(edited 21/02/2013 19:03)

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Time to announce special guest Nr.2!

Let´s say hello to rad0n.

The creator of 55 kz_maps and 5 custommaps.
That are 60 official maps from the mappingmachine!

Hopefully i can bring the interview with a Little bit delay...
rad0n is really busy atm with study.

See you at the 14/02/2013 with Screens from stage 2!

Page 6 of 11

Please log in to post replies.