longjump stats

Started by draken-
11/02/2007 22:28
Page 2 of 2
trb07/07/2007 12:02

any1 have demo when he is cheating ? i wanna to see at his strafes... maybe it will help me to learn something

GodXen



http://xtreme-jumps.eu/comment.php?comment.news.504

Fact or Fiction07/07/2007 16:09

I know one good thing in slowmo hacks, u can know what could be max lj. I think 260 is possible with slowmotion, then that means 260 is "possible" without ;)

liquidi08/07/2007 20:28

What contributes to lj is:

- Prestrafe
- Syncing of the strafes
- Symmetry of the motion
- Strafe wideness
- Strafe speed
- Amount of strafes

What is optimal strafe wideness and speed is not trivial. I would like to see how much is it theoretically possible to lj, is this inifinite number of strafes and lim wideness-> 0? Speed is probably as fast as hl engine can register, whatever that is :p Maybe somebody skilled could make a bot someday :)

ScooteR08/07/2007 20:30

I know one good thing in slowmo hacks, u can know what could be max lj. I think 260 is possible with slowmotion, then that means 260 is "possible" without ;)

Fact or Fiction

word !
but noone knows where to get that shit from so it can be tested

Murvelman08/07/2007 20:55

Originally posted by Fact or Fiction
I know one good thing in slowmo hacks, u can know what could be max lj. I think 260 is possible with slowmotion, then that means 260 is "possible" without ;)

ScooteR

word !
but noone knows where to get that shit from so it can be tested

Many people already have it, google is your friend :D

puppetz mapper08/07/2007 21:08

You guys completely forget the position of the LJ. For example where you start pre-strafe and where you look with your mouse at jump-off. For me, that is the most important thing, to get a good LJ.

Tafatt08/07/2007 22:30

It is more important to have high speed at the beginning of the jump than to have it at the end of the jump. That is why top-speed is not so important. Also if strafes are big they will lose distance because you ain't moving as straight as with smaller strafes, but speed will increase more with big than small strafes.

Murvelman09/07/2007 00:06

The thing is to find perfect balance.

akM09/07/2007 00:43

yea the balance

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.