how to restore your cs.

Started by WiNrAr^!
15/02/2013 23:12
Page 2 of 2
Balcer18/02/2013 13:56

im sure its illegal

WiNrAr^!19/02/2013 02:12(edited 19/02/2013 02:15)

CowOnCrack wrote ...

WiNrAr^! wrote ...

jack frog wrote ...

Followed all your steps. But when I wanna start CS, this error pops up:

"Failed to start steam game (missing executable)"

??


did you put your old files or my archives? you have hl.exe on halflife folder?


I have the same problem, and I don't have hl.exe because you said delete all folders and archives in the half-life folder. What did you mean by 'archives'? What is an archive file?

edit:

Yea these instructions must be incomplete because they don't make sense.

1) Explain what you are supposed to do with the stuff you save. Delete all of the folders? Really? Are you sure? Also, there are no archive files in Half-Life, only .dlls, .asi, and .exe.
2) The file you've provided contains a folder called 'counter-strike' which is invalid for the directory Half-Life. Are we to assume we extract cstrike from one level up instead?
3 & 4) Make sense
5) Instructions followed, game not working now. Reinstalling.


I have the same problem, and I don't have hl.exe because you said delete all folders and archives in the half-life folder. What did you mean by 'archives'? What is an archive file?

edit:

Yea these instructions must be incomplete because they don't make sense.

1) Explain what you are supposed to do with the stuff you save. Delete all of the folders? Really? Are you sure? Also, there are no archive files in Half-Life, only .dlls, .asi, and .exe.
2) The file you've provided contains a folder called 'counter-strike' which is invalid for the directory Half-Life. Are we to assume we extract cstrike from one level up instead?
3 & 4) Make sense
5) Instructions followed, game not working now. Reinstalling.



1. You can keep all the folders(I realized this a little time ago.) just delete. dll. exe and. asi (sorry for this one i'm not completely fluent in English and I could not express myself in the best way.)

2. Yes this is it. But now i'm uploading the file with the correct name for any comprehension issue.

3 & 4. OK

5. Sorry. I'm remaking the guide to make it more understandable. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, i hope you can now restore your cs.

S1Nt3z19/02/2013 07:43

good WinRAR ^! thx

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.