special longjumps

Started by draken-
16/02/2007 23:56
Page 1 of 2
draken-16/02/2007 23:56

there are 2 different styles :


1) longjumps without airstrafes. just prestrafe.
I made 235

2) longjumps without prestrafe.
I made 242

I don't know whether it's good. I only did a few tries, just have a look (:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/326oyt

! post your demos !


[ Edited ]

H.o.r.s.t.17/02/2007 00:08

ye... well.. didn't watch it but Im sure its not bad... but for god's sake, why ??

combine it and post it here:
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?20.21871

or here:
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/forum_viewtopic.php?20.25927

but dont create a new thread!
Sometimes using the search function is quite helpful ;)

--
One last thing: Before you open the thread, try to imagine whether there are enough people who could care about the theme.

[ Edited Sat Feb 17 2007, 12:16AM ]

draken-17/02/2007 00:13

oh I think it was better if you had watched the demos. I don't want to make a normal longjump record.

I just want to see how far the others can jump without prestrafe or without airstrafes.

I know that there already is a thread for longjumps :)
[ Edited Sat Feb 17 2007, 12:15AM ]

st0ka17/02/2007 16:35

I don't want to make another thread so i'll use this one (sry drake) :P
So here is my question: What's the difference between airstrafe and prestrafe (isn't it prestrafe included in the airstrafe technique)? :S

Murvelman17/02/2007 17:06

Prestrafe is the strafe you do on the ground to gain speed for the take off, airstrafes are the ones you use to maintain and gain speed in the air.

ufui17/02/2007 18:19

238 only prestrafe without prestarfe 233

st0ka17/02/2007 18:51

Murvelman 10x a lot :) i didn't know :D

draken-17/02/2007 20:48

ufui can you pls upload the demo because I tried very often but the best I can do is 237 (without any strafes)

ufui17/02/2007 21:36

ok i upload it tomorow

stinnZ mapper17/02/2007 23:52

I did 242 only with airstrafes. If anybody want I can upload a demo. Haven't tried only pre.

H.o.r.s.t.18/02/2007 00:37

I don't want to make another thread so i'll use this one

"st0kata"

:) :up:


When you try to longjump without prestrafe, give attention that you really start strafing as recently as you jump.
Even small prestafes resulting in a big effect.

Dont be disappointed when you cant get very far.
Even faker, who got 252, only gets 238.

[ Edited Sun Feb 18 2007, 12:37AM ]

draken-18/02/2007 01:10

@stinnZ
ofcourse we want your demo, otherwise it makes no sense. I mean everybody can post a comment and tell us something (-:

@h.o.r.s.t.
look at my 242 demo, it's without prestrafe.


[ Edited Sun Feb 18 2007, 01:11AM ]

stinnZ mapper18/02/2007 15:45

here is the demo http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rva6t

the demo is 1 minute

H.o.r.s.t.18/02/2007 17:00

draken-, I watched your demos now, sry had no time yesterday. (stinnZs also)

Your both 242 demos contain prestrafes.
In stinnZ demo it even looks like a normal longjump sometimes.

Turning around on the ground while running is also a kind of prestrafe, because you gain speed by doing this. The normal running speed is ~250 units per second. You both had much more.
If you wont believe me, ask faker to check them.

Its hard to make absolutely no prestrafe.
I made an exemple that contains (nearly) no prestrafe

http://home.arcor.de/horst0r/noprestrafe.rar
[ Edited Sun Feb 18 2007, 05:00PM ]

stinnZ mapper18/02/2007 17:17

draken-, I watched your demos now, sry had no time yesterday. (stinnZs also)

Your both 242 demos contain prestrafes.
In stinnZ demo it even looks like a normal longjump sometimes.

Turning around on the ground while running is also a kind of prestrafe, because you gain speed by doing this. The normal running speed is ~250 units per second. You both had much more.
If you wont believe me, ask faker to check them.

Its hard to make absolutely no prestrafe.
I made an exemple that contains (nearly) no prestrafe

http://home.arcor.de/horst0r/noprestrafe.rar

H.o.r.s.t.



:/ didn't know that I thought that prestrafe was running with "w" and "d" or "w" and "a" and then jump :/. Becouse I did only use w untill I jumped.

H.o.r.s.t.18/02/2007 17:24

at least its a thing of definition but fact is that you gain speed by running circles (w only) that otherwise you would not have ;)

draken-18/02/2007 18:34

I only used the forward button and the mouse before I jumped. If you use the strafebuttons when you are on the ground this is called prestrafe.

I made this demo when I didn't know that you jump much further whith the prestrafe technique and faker told me that 245units is the maximum with this style so 242 must be quite good :D

if someone would give faker the program which makes it possible to reduce the ingame speed he could make some experiments and I'm sure that 260 is possible then. somebody could make a movie out of it and the users would have a guide of a perfect longjump

H.o.r.s.t.18/02/2007 19:01

such a program would be a great idea!
But:
1. I dont know whether its actually possible
2. That would ruin every existing demo

There would have to be a mark for fps death

draken-18/02/2007 19:07

havn't you heard of this ?

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/comment.php?comment.news.504

H.o.r.s.t.18/02/2007 19:10

uhm right....
That one slipped my mind :)

Gonna make some google researches ;)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.