kz_space2 in 7 seconds? YES!

Started by Juice
28/03/2013 11:22
Page 1 of 2
Juice28/03/2013 11:22(edited 03/02/2014 16:34)

DEMO UPDATE 2K14 SHOWING HOW THE WHOLE RUN SHOULD BE DONE: http://www.sendspace.com/file/obrq6g

Picture: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/884103819433333571/2184D06784EE4CDF34A88754ED6C4FECD1A08C9F/1024x768.resizedimage

I need some people to test it, so I've made a plugin which will show a message anytime a player is able to press on the timer.
Grab it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hmbz1a (link lost)

badgamer mapperrecord holder28/03/2013 11:40

np_o already showed how to :)

juhx28/03/2013 11:44

crazy

Juice28/03/2013 11:48

Originally posted by Beginner
np_o already showed how to :)

I hate when people answer in a thread they didn't even read..

amazing find man ;)

memekrecord holder28/03/2013 12:48

Great find dude and you have great coding skills! Gonna try it :first:

zythH^ moviemaker28/03/2013 12:53(edited 28/03/2013 12:58)

Before read what I said, don't get mad, it's just an opinion and you shouldn't be mad because was a good find there.

This is why I agree with one previous rule on the pool what was "Make some maps with +sc and -sc" because this sc will destroy this map like the other sc did on the previous map, it just annoys me, I mean ye great you all pro doing an amazing uber puper extreme lala sc... But the point, where is the fun of it?

Great find anyway but I would like to request XJ staff to make this map +sc and -sc if possible.

Nothing against you Juice because was a great one but I still dislike this kinda of sc's who make a 1min or 2min map to 5 or 10 seconds map, like bkz_wallblock, it's a nice sc but I still prefer the old way to do the map.

EDIT:

I know this map already had a uber SC but still not that uber like this.

Skizo_record holder28/03/2013 13:27

Yes zythH^ but if you look kz_space , there you can not make two ways, because the old way was also completed with uber sc's.. :D And at the actual wr on kz_space2 you can find a "bigger" sc when he got speed and turns into the surf... so i think that's why is the +sc -sc useless.

laona28/03/2013 13:48

let me see see :D

laona28/03/2013 13:52

Very Niubi!!!!!

Skizo_record holder28/03/2013 14:17

But Juice after you got the sc youhavent enough speed to do the surf sc :S so you need go to the other way, which is slower than the wr atm :S

Juice28/03/2013 14:39

Originally posted by Skizo_
But Juice after you got the sc youhavent enough speed to do the surf sc :S so you need go to the other way, which is slower than the wr atm :S

I actually had, I've lost it cuz I was strafing while being ducked :D

Brummbär28/03/2013 15:20

nice plugin

I actually hope none of you will do it, because i like the run just like it is.

Juice03/02/2014 16:35

updated first post with fresh demo, I'm getting pretty close to it :S

WeMeRA03/02/2014 18:46

Originally posted by zythH^
Before read what I said, don't get mad, it's just an opinion and you shouldn't be mad because was a good find there.

This is why I agree with one previous rule on the pool what was "Make some maps with +sc and -sc" because this sc will destroy this map like the other sc did on the previous map, it just annoys me, I mean ye great you all pro doing an amazing uber puper extreme lala sc... But the point, where is the fun of it?

Great find anyway but I would like to request XJ staff to make this map +sc and -sc if possible.

Nothing against you Juice because was a great one but I still dislike this kinda of sc's who make a 1min or 2min map to 5 or 10 seconds map, like bkz_wallblock, it's a nice sc but I still prefer the old way to do the map.

EDIT:

I know this map already had a uber SC but still not that uber like this.


I don't get this? In the game of kreedz you should finish the map as fast as possible. And if you find a way that's faster than the normal way then another map record that forbids that way should be added? No I don't agree.

Shortcuts is and will always be a part of the game. And in my opinion the funniest thing with play kz is doing/watching/finding shortcuts. Might be because I'm more of a trickjumper but still and alot of ppl do agree, but there's also alot of ppl who disagree. I just can't understand why you guys want to add a map record on a map that's been raped by the incredible players who found the godlike shortcut.

k3G04/02/2014 03:51

nice done Mr.Juice !!!

Cobrex mapper Tournament #204/02/2014 07:15

WeMeRa and Skizo : that's the way a non-mapper thinks. I dare you to work hardcore on a map, which will soon get raped with a shortcut that skips 99% of the route.

TT.04/02/2014 10:19

The point of the game is to reach the timer the faster way possible, but some sc are very annoying since they destroy the maps. I mean some hard work from mappers with creative part and texture are just destroyed. (for exemple facility which is for me a very beautiful map, but is destroyed with all the scs). On the other hand, I also think that the mapper has a responsibility to create a map un-shortcutable, and if players can find it, it may be because the mapper made a mistake when creating it...

Cobrex mapper Tournament #204/02/2014 10:58(edited 04/02/2014 10:58)

TT(audi)

Shortcuts similar to kz_facility's don't bother me ... the map is 70% played .. it has quite a big shortcut there but the others are pretty small. Those kind make the runs much more risky and enjoyable to watch !
But shortcuts like kz_space's and kz_space2's are just map destroyers. Not many can do them, since it requires a bit of skill and more luck.
And one more thing : it's not the mapper's responsability to make an un-shortcutable map ... although it's fine to say that(wut). As a mapper with quite a lot of maps, I can truly say that a shortcut totally ruins my mood, specially if I worked much on that project and put heart into it. I always fix a total of 10 shortcuts/map which kills most of my mapping time ... but one candEE(dcj/cj) or shNz(bhop) can find a big one and destroy it. What was I supposed to do? Remember my cobkz_neon ??? I've sent that sh*t to 2 mappers and 3 pro jumpers with records on XJ and Cosy ... I fixed 4 shortcuts !! Well, IceVip finally found one after a month that destroyed me map, as it is now. From 1:46 wr by Nukk, now it's ~1:05 or such, dunno exactly.
+++++++ more records to do and watch !!!!!!!
You can't understand how annoying it is until you experience this ... not once, not twice, etc, but several times !!

If XJ's mapchecking team had only mappers that went thru this, all destroyed maps would have -sc & +sc !!

Juice04/02/2014 11:10

I don't understand, why are you guys against scs like this one? Finding these requires some bigger knowledge about the game, more than "scroll your mouse and spam ADAD to win". I did research the whole map, even decompiled it. Then i found out that you can get huge speed from boosters by moving the the very side of them so you won't touch the block above your head. Then I started geeking the sc. Once I did it I wasn't sure if you can press the start timer after the ledge, so I wrote a plugin to clear it up. And what do I get now? A bunch of whiners who dont wanna take a look at the game from another perspective :SS

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.