kz_space2 in 7 seconds? YES!

Started by Juice
28/03/2013 11:22
Page 2 of 2

noone is against these shortcuts imo, the point is to save the normal way too.

random Tournament #304/02/2014 12:03

gl on that one, why people crying? Still none of you even play this map on publics.

k3G08/02/2014 12:12

Juice is talent in my eyes , keep it up :S

WeMeRA08/02/2014 15:15(edited 08/02/2014 15:16)

Originally posted by Cobrex
TT(audi)

Shortcuts similar to kz_facility's don't bother me ... the map is 70% played .. it has quite a big shortcut there but the others are pretty small. Those kind make the runs much more risky and enjoyable to watch !
But shortcuts like kz_space's and kz_space2's are just map destroyers. Not many can do them, since it requires a bit of skill and more luck.
And one more thing : it's not the mapper's responsability to make an un-shortcutable map ... although it's fine to say that(wut). As a mapper with quite a lot of maps, I can truly say that a shortcut totally ruins my mood, specially if I worked much on that project and put heart into it. I always fix a total of 10 shortcuts/map which kills most of my mapping time ... but one candEE(dcj/cj) or shNz(bhop) can find a big one and destroy it. What was I supposed to do? Remember my cobkz_neon ??? I've sent that sh*t to 2 mappers and 3 pro jumpers with records on XJ and Cosy ... I fixed 4 shortcuts !! Well, IceVip finally found one after a month that destroyed me map, as it is now. From 1:46 wr by Nukk, now it's ~1:05 or such, dunno exactly.
+++++++ more records to do and watch !!!!!!!
You can't understand how annoying it is until you experience this ... not once, not twice, etc, but several times !!

If XJ's mapchecking team had only mappers that went thru this, all destroyed maps would have -sc & +sc !!


I've already experienced this on cosy wich I think was and still is retarded. Ofcourse it's the mappers responsibility to make the map so there's no sc's if you want the map to be that way or else players like Juice deffo will find a way to rape it.

UPDATE: No disrespect to you Juice I think this find is awesome!

nike08/02/2014 15:53

Originally posted by Juice ._.
I don't understand, why are you guys against scs like this one? Finding these requires some bigger knowledge about the game, more than "scroll your mouse and spam ADAD to win". I did research the whole map, even decompiled it. Then i found out that you can get huge speed from boosters by moving the the very side of them so you won't touch the block above your head. Then I started geeking the sc. Once I did it I wasn't sure if you can press the start timer after the ledge, so I wrote a plugin to clear it up. And what do I get now? A bunch of whiners who dont wanna take a look at the game from another perspective :SS


Nobody is against it, we're just saying add a +sc and a -sc version to the map that has huge scs that skip 99% of the map.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.