-mapdestroyer records

01/07/2013 00:23
Page 1 of 2
Gene Tournament #201/07/2013 00:23(edited 02/07/2013 00:03)

Hey, since XJ is not going to implement this I thought I'd make a thread with records.
Basically just record the maps below without using the huge shortcuts that skip the entire map or a huge chunk of it. Doesn't matter if it's slower than the previous record without sc, let's just start from fresh.

Rules:
1. Obviously XJ rules apply. Don't cheat / use cvars for advantages.
2. You can't use shortcuts that skip more than 5 jumps in the maps (exception AXN maps, I'm not really familiar with them but I know they wouldn't be fun without those big skips.. just don't skip the entire map tho :D )

I'll start so you guys know what I mean :

Map list :

bkz_wallblock - Gene - 02:26.45
cg_industry
dg_winterclimb
kz_1man_understock
kz_6fd_volcano
kz_ancient_tomb - AvasT - 06:44.93
kz_ep_gigablock_b01
kz_j2s_icevalley
kz_man_bhopocean - Beginner - 00:12.52
kz_man_bhopdesert - Beginner - 00:13.87
kz_man_bhopsnow - Beginner - 00:10.21
kz_kzfr_bhopspace
kz_man_alienbase
kz_man_deathhill
kz_man_eznasa
kz_man_nasa
kz_man_neighbourhood
kz_man_ultrablock
kz_northpole_b01
kz_midnight
kz_rambo_xen
kz_space
kz_space2
kz_toscana
kz_wsp_marioland
kz_wsp_valleyclimb
risk_compound
trC_climbgarden - znx - 01:51.69
kzse_bhopblock - memek - 02:09.85
bkm_tbt_LondonStation

If I missed any maps or you think any other particular maps belong here, let me know.
Now let me see those runs!

znx01/07/2013 05:41

GJ!
I'm sure this will be beat in 15 mins but still I did this for the sake of the thread :3
trC_climbgarden[-md] in 1:51.69 : http://www.speedyshare.com/6KPGn/trC-climbgarden-zNx.-0151.69.rar

badgamer mapperrecord holder01/07/2013 05:41(edited 01/07/2013 18:26)

Thanks Gene for this theard! Gonna try some now! :D

There is a problem with kz_kzfr_bhopspace, when you say /start, you don't have gravity anymore because of the plugin, then I don't know how to solve that :S !

Here are mine :

kz_man_bhopsnow[-md] http://www.sendspace.com/file/xx8jlw

kz_man_bhopocean[-md] http://www.sendspace.com/file/qcmt6r

kz_man_bhopdesert[-md] http://www.sendspace.com/file/vr1buy

Gene Tournament #201/07/2013 07:31

Awesome you guys! Keep 'em coming. :)

Avenger.ee01/07/2013 08:56

This should be very respectful gesture for the mappers. Wonderful idea :)

Exorcism01/07/2013 09:23

yea, that's a very nice idea, would like to see these ones.
kz_dalai_rats
kz_chinabl0ck(both)
kz_kzse_marsh
For starters will be enough.

JamBawa01/07/2013 09:37

this is really a good idea.. i don't know why xj is not making different routes for these maps.. :(

neXt.record holder01/07/2013 10:46

Awesome idea I hope it's gonna considered favorably

WeMeRA01/07/2013 11:15

Originally posted by jamshedr
this is really a good idea.. i don't know why xj is not making different routes for these maps.. :(


Because the main idea is to make the map as fast as possible? Then why forbid something that would force players to make it slower than the map's possible to do.

Also it makes Kreedz alot more fun, the creativity of players finding those scs. The feeling in a run when you make a hard and big sc. Lovley.

7'uP`01/07/2013 11:25

Nice idea !
add these ones:
bkm_tbt_LondonStation
cg_cupiators
kz_bkz_egyptbhop
kz_canyon
cg_d2block_ez
clintmo_bhopbarrels
dkz_darkruins
ex_deathdrop
j2s_sandland
kzarg_bhopcircuit[-240]
kzfr_bhop_lamborghini
kzro_raincliff
kzua_zp_godroom_h
kz_ancient_tomb
kz_cargo
kz_cfl_mountainchurch
kz_cg_wigbl0ck
kz_deserted
kz_desolate3
kz_ea_canals
kz_ea_parkblock
kz_exn_ezjungle
kz_facility
kz_ghat
kz_j2s_darktower
kz_kzdk_junglezone2
kz_kzdk_kosovo
kz_kzfr_haunted
kz_kzlv_wanderer
kz_kzsca_downtown
kz_kzsk_desperados
kz_man_redrock
kz_man_riverside
kz_megabhop
kz_megabhop_hard
kz_nolve
kz_owensvalley
kz_pacman
kz_sfinx
kz_shrubhop_ez
kz_tbt_nonentity
kz_toon_underground
kz_wsp_arpino
prochallenge_speed
risk_stargate[e]
risk_stargate[h]
ri_spacecliff
rpz_downfall[boxes]
sn_dustown
stf_creepytemple
zr_hetablock[hard]

I hope that will help you :)
have fun guys

chinakungfu01/07/2013 12:11

kz_cosovo ? sorry I forgot the name

SlasHeR01/07/2013 12:17

kz_ancient_tomb http://www.sendspace.com/file/i64q4w

Freezing01/07/2013 12:46(edited 01/07/2013 13:05)

risk_ministry

Nice idea, Gene and nice list of maps, 7up
I have just 1 suggestion - upload recs to some storage, where recs will be saved for forever (mediafire, dropbox) otherwise this thread will be useless in some months.

memekrecord holder01/07/2013 21:31

Great initiative Gene!

Here's my demo on kzse_bhopblock http://speedy.sh/Frzze/kzse-bhopblock-memek-0209.85.rar

Originally posted by DeathClaw
Nice idea, Gene and nice list of maps, 7up
I have just 1 suggestion - upload recs to some storage, where recs will be saved for forever (mediafire, dropbox) otherwise this thread will be useless in some months.

Nuff said!

Gene Tournament #202/07/2013 00:13

Originally posted by 7'uP`
Nice idea !
add these ones:
bkm_tbt_LondonStation
cg_cupiators
kz_bkz_egyptbhop
kz_canyon
cg_d2block_ez
clintmo_bhopbarrels
dkz_darkruins
ex_deathdrop
j2s_sandland
kzarg_bhopcircuit[-240]
kzfr_bhop_lamborghini
kzro_raincliff
kzua_zp_godroom_h
kz_ancient_tomb
kz_cargo
kz_cfl_mountainchurch
kz_cg_wigbl0ck
kz_deserted
kz_desolate3
kz_ea_canals
kz_ea_parkblock
kz_exn_ezjungle
kz_facility
kz_ghat
kz_j2s_darktower
kz_kzdk_junglezone2
kz_kzdk_kosovo
kz_kzfr_haunted
kz_kzlv_wanderer
kz_kzsca_downtown
kz_kzsk_desperados
kz_man_redrock
kz_man_riverside
kz_megabhop
kz_megabhop_hard
kz_nolve
kz_owensvalley
kz_pacman
kz_sfinx
kz_shrubhop_ez
kz_tbt_nonentity
kz_toon_underground
kz_wsp_arpino
prochallenge_speed
risk_stargate[e]
risk_stargate[h]
ri_spacecliff
rpz_downfall[boxes]
sn_dustown
stf_creepytemple
zr_hetablock[hard]

I hope that will help you :)
have fun guys

Originally posted by Exorcism
yea, that's a very nice idea, would like to see these ones.
kz_dalai_rats
kz_chinabl0ck(both)
kz_kzse_marsh
For starters will be enough.

Originally posted by FreezingMoon
risk_ministry

Originally posted by chinakungfu
kz_cosovo ? sorry I forgot the name


I'll look into them as soon as I get some time. However I know some of those don't have shortcuts that big. I'm mainly looking for those that skip a huge part of the maps.. Haven't decided yet how big they have to be to consider them destroyers..


Originally posted by DeathClaw
Nice idea, Gene and nice list of maps, 7up
I have just 1 suggestion - upload recs to some storage, where recs will be saved for forever (mediafire, dropbox) otherwise this thread will be useless in some months.


I will do it if this thread becomes inactive, I'll save all the demos and upload them then. No point in doing it now since (I hope) most of them will get beaten more than once.

Thanks for the support guys.

finzer02/07/2013 01:57(edited 02/07/2013 02:00)

nice initiative, gene. as for kz_1man_understock, there's like 2 main sc's if i remember right (the boost at the beginning and the ladder jump).. what do you reckon? doing the map without both or ?

edit: oh well, just saw your rule#2. i guess it applies to both sc's.

Gene Tournament #202/07/2013 03:58

Originally posted by finzEr
nice initiative, gene. as for kz_1man_understock, there's like 2 main sc's if i remember right (the boost at the beginning and the ladder jump).. what do you reckon? doing the map without both or ?

edit: oh well, just saw your rule#2. i guess it applies to both sc's.


Yeah that's why I added that rule and it's the main reason why XJ didn't implement this (cause there would be too many routes with different shortcuts). But I think that rule fixes it all.

badgamer mapperrecord holder02/07/2013 08:02

Originally posted by Gene
Originally posted by finzEr
nice initiative, gene. as for kz_1man_understock, there's like 2 main sc's if i remember right (the boost at the beginning and the ladder jump).. what do you reckon? doing the map without both or ?

edit: oh well, just saw your rule#2. i guess it applies to both sc's.


Yeah that's why I added that rule and it's the main reason why XJ didn't implement this (cause there would be too many routes with different shortcuts). But I think that rule fixes it all.


That's right but I still don't get for map like kz_man_bhopsnow bhopdesert & bhopocean no -md route :S

kyser03/07/2013 19:29

this is a good idea, but u must be carefull .. because u are accepting demos where runs are not destroyed but big scs, but i guess the littles SC's can still be done.. for example the map trc_climbgarden.. it has like 3 BIG BIG scs, but if u decide to do the map without those big scs, u can also make good skips (skiping like 1 stage completely)... is that allowed? or the idea of this thread is to make NO scs ?.. because 5 blocks is like shit.. why 5 and not 6 just for example.. its subjetive.. i suggest u to take every demo where the huge scs that are done in the current wrs, are not used here

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.