Weekly Cups
Will it be possible for a non-pro(officially) to take part in the tournament?
Would be fun to see some new players too.
Not many, like 1-2 / month.
I can donate some games that were supposed to be used in the IRC Quiz.
Originally posted by CamelCloudI can donate some games that were supposed to be used in the IRC Quiz.
Thank you!
I might have overread something you posted, but it would be cool to make some kind of a league. Like for example in soccer leagues, where you play each week a different opponent of the bracket and you earn points for your wins.
It would be more of a longtime kind of league, but I'm just throwing that in for now :)
Hey guys.
I was referred here by ShoCk about a week ago... but I've been quite inactive. Great idea, great initiative, I'm glad the KZ scene is still making strides in this sort of thing.
Right now, I'm simply too busy to dedicate my time to something like this. KZ is still in my heart and I wish it all the best - my suggestion, though, would be to have leagues divided by skill.
This is going to be something difficult, because the KZ scene has never really done something like that. But here's how I think it can happen:
Every player that wants to participate in Weekly Cups is sent a batch of qualifying maps. These can be specially made for the Weekly Cups. I'm thinking 3-5 maps, the same for every player, and the player in question records demos on each of the maps and sends them back to the admin. The maps should be fairly varied - easy, hard, technical, speed, LJ, etc.
The admin takes the times, records them into a spreadsheet with all the other players' times. This way, the admin can easily see which players are close in skill to others, and then create leagues that way. The times for the qualifying maps are NOT public and they are not on the WR list.
For example. LEWLY, koukouz, pizza^ and stormZz (woah, bit a throwback name there) all post crazy fast times for all of the maps. Obviously, they're in the Pro tier. They compete against other pros.
Semi-pro players (cosy, for example) also have a league of their own. Then we can go down the list - skilled players, average players, beginner players. We can subdivide these as much as we want, depending on the size of the player pool.
Regulated competition in KZ has always been strictly top players only. The KZ scene has never seen something like this - a carefully organized and regulated list of players, with their skill analyzed, and then matched with evenly skilled players in matches, leagues and tournaments.
I would love to help out with this, but I can't find the time right now. All I can do, for now, is be supportive. ShoCk asked me if I would like to help commentate, and I would love to - but I don't have a good quality mic right now. Perhaps in the future.
GL guys
Please log in to post replies.