BHOP - mwheeldown or mwheelup

Started by Kristofuz
18/01/2014 17:23
Page 1 of 2
Kristofuz18/01/2014 17:23

So, i just saw a bhop tutorial where it told me to bind the jump onto mwheelup, but for the past 3-4 years i've been jumping using mwheeldown, because it feels more comfortable, and my doubleduck is binded onto mwheelup. How do you guys have these two things binded and is there a major difference in which is binded onto which?

g-Lprecord holder Tournament #118/01/2014 17:39

I have bind jump on mwheelup and duck on mwheeldown since the beginning.

It doesn't matter at all, but seems like most of the people have jump on mwheeldown

bentaa18/01/2014 17:40

I myself find that "mwheeldown" +jump is more comfortable than mwheelup. I think it's just how people like it. "and is there a major difference in which is binded onto which?" no there isn't.

Ft.skY18/01/2014 17:45

Originally posted by g-Lp
I have bind jump on mwheelup and duck on mwheeldown since the beginning.

It doesn't matter at all, but seems like most of the people have jump on mwheeldown

Nokkan18/01/2014 17:47

Originally posted by g-Lp
I have bind jump on mwheelup and duck on mwheeldown since the beginning.

It doesn't matter at all, but seems like most of the people have jump on mwheeldown


I'll quote this too :D

laachux18/01/2014 17:57

jump on mwheelup and duck on down. been jumping like this ever since I realized that I have to jump using scroll lol

Cobrex mapper Tournament #218/01/2014 19:07

jump = mwheeldown
duck = mwheelup
Been thinking to change it ... but i dont know. Even though, I don't understand why are you all saying that this doesnt matter. IT DOES ! Ofc, you won't jump better using down or up, but down might be easier than up, or reverse. It's easier to duck using mwheeldown, but its still easier to use bhop on down aswell.

Ft.skY18/01/2014 19:09

Originally posted by Cobrex
jump = mwheeldown
duck = mwheelup
Been thinking to change it ... but i dont know. Even though, I don't understand why are you all saying that this doesnt matter. IT DOES ! Ofc, you won't jump better using down or up, but down might be easier than up, or reverse. It's easier to duck using mwheeldown, but its still easier to use bhop on down aswell.


everyone feels differently, so I feel good when Im using down for duck, its better and easier for me than up.
and its logic, up - jump , down - duck :D

random Tournament #318/01/2014 20:07

I use space to jump, just hold it, and you dont need any up/down 'S

PiilsnEr18/01/2014 20:24

I have this feeling that all the good gstrafers use duck as mwheeldown

bazo_oka18/01/2014 20:44

Jump - mwheelup, duck - mwheeldown, BUT I jump LongJump with the Space. Yup, this isn't a joke. At the beginning I don't know that the players are bhopping with scroll and I started to try with the space. I didn't know any jump tehniques, only Longjump, so I was trying LJ with space. Ofc. dcj, cj, sbj ... with scroll.

ProKZ18/01/2014 21:15

i would recomend heeldown cuz of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzLaUiafbWw

But i use heelup ._.

hoLy mapper18/01/2014 21:51

Thread moved to the right section.

Kristofuz18/01/2014 23:08

Originally posted by Cobrex
jump = mwheeldown
duck = mwheelup
Been thinking to change it ... but i dont know. Even though, I don't understand why are you all saying that this doesnt matter. IT DOES ! Ofc, you won't jump better using down or up, but down might be easier than up, or reverse. It's easier to duck using mwheeldown, but its still easier to use bhop on down aswell.


This is what i always felt like. Down is more comfortable both ways, but it just seems that you bhop more often than you doubleduck.

Better duck = down bcuz for dd's u have little airtime per duck and thats why with down its easier... yeah also its right that jumping with mhdown its easier but if u play long time u wouldnt see any difference.. So i'm sure for pro:

Mhdown - duck
Mhup - jump

And for newbies:

Mhdown - jump
Mhup - well it doesn't matter :D

Juice19/01/2014 00:02

jump - space

YEEEEEEEEAH

I think it boils down to what is naturally yours, if from the beginning you chose jump as mwheelup, then there probably must be a reason for it but although you can't really know what is better for you.. I mean it's generally like you play some time to the point where you are totally used to your set up and then you ask yourself like "what if I put it the other way around" which mostly ends up negatively, not because it's less comfortable but because you are unused to it and you don't give it enough time. The only way to figure what's best is to give both options enough time, same conditions I guess.

On my part, mwheeldown jump :)

rawerecord holder Tournament #119/01/2014 05:35(edited 19/01/2014 05:35)

I jump with mwheelup and duck with mwheeldown. It might be easier to jump with mwheeldown, also I tried changing it and I felt comfortable but I just can't stop jumping with mwheelup, I prefer just how it is.

Dragon19/01/2014 10:48

ofc mwheeldown is better. you do more "clicks" on the wheel = bigger chance of successful bhop. when you scroll up, you let go of the wheel sooner. just try it yourself on any webpage. ofc you can do the same amount of clicks, but the motion isn't natural.

Ft.skY19/01/2014 12:07

Originally posted by p0ker
per duck

russians will understand :ASDASD

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.