KZmod is not dead. Read why in here.

Started by SoUlFaThEr mapper
27/01/2014 02:16
Page 3 of 4
kQbmigrecord holder29/01/2014 06:41

I just played the game and had fun until i saw the player models and animations. Shit game.

Whosthat29/01/2014 07:04(edited 29/01/2014 07:05)

Dowloading it now, never tried it before though...
Seen some vids and it looks good enough for not being a fully complete game.

SoUlFaThEr mapper29/01/2014 15:16

NAPZ. What you just did is totally uncalled for. There are options to adopt 1.6 sounds and anims. Since you didn't look for them its a shit game? Sorry but I find that rather unfair. nuff said.

Sure guys. All good suggestions since my last post. 1.6 started with no plugins and grew over time. We are a 2 man team in essence. Help us find dedicated animators to help with animations rather than play...not like anims and say shit game and uninstall. While we are only 2 people developing, neither of us have modeling or animation skills.

Plugins are partially set already. Theyx are just not perfect yet but they do exist and because of the inactivity presently, not in use ofc.

We had a stats page that was extremely extensive. Moreso than here even with only a top 15. It can all come back and continue to develope.

I think my main point is that with some back up from you guys, and a little patience, knowing how far we have come already, just believe that it is posible to achieve all of these things. We just need some support. it IS possible because it happened here on XJ over the years. Us old schoolers know exactly what we didn't have back in the day when Kreedz himself was still mapping...did we quit and say its shit? No we loved it and supported him. If you love KZmod...find a way you could support us and the same thing will arise from it. A perfectly well rounded experience.

About the topic of maps.

-good maps take more work to create in KZmod. but they don't have to to play well. Most 1.6 mappers do not understand how incredibly diverse the source engine is. I honestly believe it is general laziness to learn that stops 90% from trying to make a KZmod map or at least convert theuir own. My mapping Twitch channel has been added to the XJ Twitch streaming list.

-porting maps is honestly a HUGE pain in the ass if you don't search around for info on how to make that easier for you. I even made a stream video on the basics of it. There are texture converters, all obsolete entities would have to be replaced by similar and actually more powerful KZmod entities. The map would require a retexture if you don't want to convert your 1.6 textures. It is 100 times easier in KZmod to retexture an entire map than in 1.6 due to how textures are handled.

Next to this main stuff, and correct me if I am wrong but let us say there's 138 maps with 288 courses in them.
Those numbers may not be exact off memory, but the point is that in KZmod....there are multiple maps within a single map.

There is a map with 15 courses, each with its own timer. Some said before the recent death in activity that the converted popular maps from 1.6 were the most popular in KZmod....I have to tell you that because of our extensive stats page....that is wrong. This 15 course map has been number 1 since it's release because it has everything KZmod has to offer in it. Kz_Mix_Journeys
so in relation to CS1.6.....that map is 15 maps.

About playing the game for a few minutes to get an impression of it. That......is impossible. After playing it for a month I would say you basically would know everything about it and finally see all the things you can do in it. 1 day is simply not enough and is not really giving it a real chance.

Kayne is right. I insulted the hell out of him. Do insults ever come without provocation? It takes two to tangle.
Sure, I got upset at Zocker too. But he knows me and my past and also NEVER left me.
Same with Pete. Pete got it a lot owrse than you did and he is my right hand man still doing more for the game than any of you put together.

I am emotional because i love this. If i get mad its because I care.
Kayne, I do not hold grudges. The arguement we had is easy for me to look over and foget. We can start fresh without thinking about it really easily unless you yourself hold grudges :D
Peace Kayne.

Viglioshius29/01/2014 16:58

How about servers? I want to play:D

SoUlFaThEr mapper29/01/2014 19:11

This is what this thread is all about Viglioshius. We give you the game for free. There is still 1 server atm provided by a player who loves the game. Use that, or arrange to make another or find someone that may be interested in making that little investment for the rest of those players who may be interested rather than expecting the 2 of us to provide you with them as well!
We cannot make project and pay... to allow you to play it too :D

navvar29/01/2014 19:41

I'd be willing to pay the cost of a bhop server to get some variety, since the other server is mostly kz, if someone could redirect me I would be glad, as I haven't rented a server since 2006 or something.

SoUlFaThEr mapper29/01/2014 21:04(edited 29/01/2014 21:05)

google should know more than anyone else :D Search for

Source engine server hosting

and here is a link to help you set it up with a big THANK YOU attached to it, probably from everyone here!

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?326519

Z0ck3rOO729/01/2014 21:34(edited 29/01/2014 21:35)

you can also contact me if u want to setup a kzmod server, i think i can help, just add me on steam ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Z0ck3rOO7/
steam://friends/add/STEAM_0:1:30099351

sitka mapper VIP29/01/2014 21:49

Soulfather, make it possible to setup a server on Linux without that windows thing. SpanishXJ will host alot then.

Sincerely SXJ sitka

[KN]KraXXXel29/01/2014 22:11

Next to this main stuff, and correct me if I am wrong but let us say there's 138 maps with 288 courses in them...




ye and that´s great...and you did a marvelous job
but a lot of peps don´t like to climb 25 mins on great looking maps....
they like fastfood...fast and short climb/bhop maps...sad but true

KarLi mapper29/01/2014 22:23

Bro I could sponsor you a kzmod server if you like for free.
I pay monthly 45U$D for the Window Server host i am using.
I used to have MuOnline server hosted but not many people played it and i use it sometimes to Upload few things over because my netspeed at home is not that fast , if you want :)

Peace.

SoUlFaThEr mapper30/01/2014 01:08(edited 30/01/2014 01:37)

Kraxxxel

There are actually VERY few maps that are that long. If that is all you tested on the mod so far is a 25 minute course ...and didn't like it's length...why didn't you look for another shorter map? 90% of the jump courses are under 5 minutes for SURE.

sad but true...

This is what I mean about testing the mod further than one map.
You actually have no idea what the mod actually has.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like right now to also thank everyone who just made a server. Keep it up guys! This is what teamwork is all about!


http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?326519

The tutorial in that link is not 100% correct yet because Valve changed so many things about servers for some reason. A corrected tutorial will follow. We had to do our own research on this and this....is the reason our servers suddenly went down somewhere along the break we took.

BacoN30/01/2014 01:52

Is there any plans on a site? or merging with another site? for wrs etc. What is the go with pro15/nub15 on servers do they need a plugin or something? top15 is a very important thing to have on servers, already heard lots of complaints cause the 1 server doesn't have top15?

SoUlFaThEr mapper30/01/2014 02:44

We have all that stuff but its more like top100 with a bunch of other stats too, especially on personal pages of players :D When some servers are running and included in databases, it will not be a problem. If in game type "top" and wait a sec. but those are older stats from earlier servers before we got Valve'd.

Site and "merge" are still in planning phase. Since Aoki is back now as well....there are now 3 Developers involved.

LeTHaL-30/01/2014 11:58(edited 30/01/2014 12:14)

That was some time ago, but i remmember a stream from akkord i think, there was some hard party in the server and you all the time talked about some "bubblegum" in like, "Duke Nukem`s" voice, that was fun to watch. These party`s with oldschool imba players, was great to watch. Will keep watching if new stream in twitch will come up. Will support this with few bucks. Best regards, and good luck with returning bubblegum partys :) Peace.
P.S bubblegum >>> http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2014-01-26_2867841684548058/video_games/duke/out_of_gum_x.wav

s0liD mapper30/01/2014 18:54

Noones blaming anybody. But bashing someones work for just not being your cup of coffee is foolish. Appreciate what people do, If you alone did not create anything. If the kzmod team would like to cash on this project and want everybody to like/buy our product your behavior would be on place. BUT BASHING FOR NO REASON a independent developers willing to expand on something that is your passion and a hobby , make it better , and accessible for a wide range of people *xpanding the community or even bringing them together* , making your wishes come true ..is ignorant and ungrateful.

Acelamb30/01/2014 19:29(edited 30/01/2014 19:31)

hey guys, just dropping by and giving my support ;) Love the game and I still play it from time to time, but what happened to the servers that were on earlier today? Just checked and I can only find one (on which I get a pretty bad ping).

edit: nvm, two other servers came up right after I posted this.

Scary Tournament #230/01/2014 20:08

I sounds to me like there are so many newbie-friendly advantadges with KZmod, that it is lightyears ahead of a pure cs1.6 setup. It's hard to imagine how an independent kzgame will fare, without the backup of an already existing game. I feel like Kzmod needs normal KZ in order to gain a following. I don't think it'll be big enough to headline anywhere as a promotion, so threads like this are pretty vital in order to gain exposure amoung kreedzers.

I read most of the posts in this thread, and I agree that merging KZmod into XJ would be an exceptionally good thing for KZmod, but lets reverse it and think of the consequenses of that action. First of all, what does XJ get out of it, as of right now, not much. No more viewers on the page, no more players, no more attention than it's already getting.Further than that the workload of a whole new demo hieraki would also put a strain on the staff of XJ. What would be the advantedges, one of them would be whenever someone was getting tired of 1.6, a new game could possibly spark the interest once again, thus keeping the visitor on XJ. It would also give a fresh breath to the whole scene, offering a player more choices. Very young people likes good graphics, and therefor I think it's very easy for these people to be scared away by cs1.6 because of it's squary nature.

Now lets say XJ does it, and it's becomes a succes, who would the game steal players from? It would be 1.6 KZ jumpers converting to KZmod - Not necessarily a bad thing considering KZmod would be on XJ. But still, KZmod would not attract players and therefor only getting audiences from already exsisting jumpers.

So would this splitup of the scene be a good or a bad thing, is very hard to predict. There's cons and pros and little do I know which ones weighs the highest, I can only from a personal standpoint say that I would sincerely not mind XJ making a different section for KZmod as it is made in the core spirit of 1.6 climbing, even applying the excact same (optimized) rules, movement, jumping and all of the things that makes 1.6 climbing unique. It's been successfully translated and I think it's a crying shame if a game like this, with so much potential, for it to just be forgotten.

Maybe in the future, if we ever exceed the limits of 1.6, there will be need for this new optimized version. But for now, it's very hard to see how it can be ressurrected unless XJ takes action.

propanelj record holder30/01/2014 20:31

try your luck and greenlight this shit. I dont see any reason to not do it

Raptor 30/01/2014 22:12(edited 31/01/2014 01:48)

Hold on Scary, let's not think too negatively here... KZMod isn't some sort of parasite, it's supposed to provide new opportunities for the kreedzing community. Here is some of the things that KZMod can do to help XJ:

All traffic looking for KZMod would be redirected to XJ. Everyone who looks for KZMod on it's group, moddb, any other places, would end up here on XJ, exposed to the community and 1.6.

KZMod might be able to unite all the disparate trickjumping communities (surf, source bhop etc) here, which would substantially boost XJ. This happened in 1.0 with the source bhoppers and Xtreme-Surfs, but we were seperated from the main group on kzmod.com

It might also cause players who got bored of the KZ scene to return, and also help new players get into the scene (like you said).

I think it's a common thought that KZMod is dangerous when it's not so at all... especially now that KZMod is here on XJ instead of on it's own website.

On top of all this, since we are a stand alone "sport" game it will be much easier for us to get into well known eSport leagues and preparations are being made to start such negotiations.

Although there is logistical issues to work out, the mod isn't simply a drain on resources, it has real potential for helping grow the KZ community again.

Page 3 of 4

Please log in to post replies.