Your favourite quotes

Started by nobody^
11/02/2014 22:51
Page 1 of 3
nobody^11/02/2014 22:51(edited 11/02/2014 22:55)

Hello friends,

I've noticed my lack of inactivity around lately and I thought... why not make a topic, it might turn out interesting.

So yes, share with me the quotes you find the most inspiring, touching, etc.

Here are a few that made a strong impression on me;

Everybody’s at war with different things. I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.
- Tupac Shakur

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.
- Tupac Shakur

If God wanted me to be quiet he would’ve never showed me what he does.
- Tupac Shakur

Real freedom is having nothing. I was freer when I didn't have a cent.
- Mike Tyson

I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.
- Harun Yahya

These were chosen on a random principle, just a few which were roaming my mind atm.

Would appreciate if you share some of your favourites. Also, just in case you have developed any quotes yourself, share them as well.
~ nobody :)

Sensitiv311/02/2014 23:15

We all do dumb things. That's what makes us human.

-GTA 4

Stabilot11/02/2014 23:16

Long live the king. -Scar

finzer11/02/2014 23:32(edited 11/02/2014 23:37)

the very first words of the stranger which remains one of my fav book
“Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday; I can't be sure.” - Albert Camus

another one from the same book
“I may not have been sure about what really did interest me, but I was absolutely sure about what didn't.” - Albert Camus

i could literally quote the entire book lol, its so great

i also like alot waiting for godot , lots of great quotes too
“Estragon: We always find something, eh Didi, to give us the impression we exist?
Vladimir: Yes, yes, we're magicians.” - Samuel Beckett

and a last one taken from the trial
“It's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves.”
- Franz Kafka

now i want to re-open some books

Originally posted by finzEr
“It's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves.”
- Franz Kafka

Nothing special but still nails it good enough.

kalinskY12/02/2014 05:46

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tyler Durden / Fight Club

killahurtZ12/02/2014 07:12

The first thing you learn about emotion is that it has its price. A complete paradox. But without restraint, without control, emotion is chaos.

knoxville12/02/2014 09:47

i like turtles
- zombie kid

Freeze12/02/2014 10:09

"Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want." - Muhammad Ali

"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real but fear is a choice." - Will Smith

"Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings & emotions" - Will Smith

"No rest is worth anything except the rest that is earned." - Jean Paul

"Life is just a bitch, a bitch is like a hoe, hoes want the money, and money comes and goes." - A$AP Rocky

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The "hard" is what makes it great." - Tom Hanks

"Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life." - Rocky IV

"Whatever comes to you, don't run from it. Don't try and duck it like most people do, step toward it." - Les Brown

nobody^12/02/2014 14:24(edited 12/02/2014 20:30)

Great, lovely quotes everyone. I liked these three the most:

“It's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves.”
- Franz Kafka

"Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life." - Rocky IV

"Whatever comes to you, don't run from it. Don't try and duck it like most people do, step toward it." - Les Brown

Oh, I've just found this one:

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
- Albert Einstein

Sensitiv312/02/2014 14:48

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

PU9makerrecord holder12/02/2014 15:37

If you have the will to win, you will win.

-PU9maker

Nikita12/02/2014 15:43

If you have the time and will, you can do whatever wr you want to.

#Nikita

SamB12/02/2014 16:03

Winners never quit and quitters never win
-Arnold

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP12/02/2014 16:11(edited 12/02/2014 16:11)

Victory is very important, but what's more important is the way you achieved it.
-ShoCk

Keo mapper13/02/2014 00:44

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Dr. Seuss

FragGyver mapper13/02/2014 01:09

I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools.

akse13/02/2014 12:20

"I love how they think it's impossible." - NOEL

PiilsnEr13/02/2014 14:40

''my thumb is like my cock''

ajuhhhhh13/02/2014 19:45

"You can do whatever the F&%# you wanna do!"

The great Hodge twins

lol

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.