PewDiePie - Let's play!

Started by Nikita
13/03/2014 01:39
Page 2 of 2
z3lim14/03/2014 00:09

SF have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtx6ZZKjlsA

http://www.giga.de/spiele/half-life-2-episode-3/news/half-life-2-kreedz-climbing/

Nikita14/03/2014 01:36

Like SF said, I did not mean that you could only contact pewdiepie. Pewdiepie was just one out of MANY examples of people you could try contacting. I've read through the comments and some ppl say they know "better" gameplayers, so why don't you contact them? No one is stopping you, the more the merrier! :)

SoUlFaThEr mapper14/03/2014 03:14

Originally posted by z3lim
SF have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtx6ZZKjlsA

http://www.giga.de/spiele/half-life-2-episode-3/news/half-life-2-kreedz-climbing/



Have I seen that?.....of course I have....I was interviewed on the telephone by those TV show hosts live.......It also says it in the text you posted about the show :D

Adding to that KZmod has been in nearly every large well known magazine at some point or another and was also often offered as a free download on their DVD's. The game just wasn't what it is now :(

in the comments below the text its funny to see some guys advertising for 1.6 :D including Ernstaugust who ran XJ in the beginning before faker appeared.

z3lim14/03/2014 11:52

Originally posted by SoUlFaThEr
Have I seen that?.....of course I have....I was interviewed on the telephone by those TV show hosts live.......It also says it in the text you posted about the show :D

Adding to that KZmod has been in nearly every large well known magazine at some point or another and was also often offered as a free download on their DVD's. The game just wasn't what it is now :(

in the comments below the text its funny to see some guys advertising for 1.6 :D including Ernstaugust who ran XJ in the beginning before faker appeared.


I've seen it in the tv at that time there was giga channel you remember surely i was so surprised

pRopaaNS mapper14/03/2014 14:50(edited 14/03/2014 14:54)

I've been thinking yesterday about how gaming have changed through promoting graphics, despite fact that competitive players won'tl pay slightlest attention to graphics while in action, because motion and gameplay is focused on doing objectives and performing moves instead of exploring and admiring scenery. Although it's a seperated topic on it's own, but in general sense it ties in as it's a matter of the new generations of gamers being attracted so much more to graphics and easy to play games rather than seeking challenging gameplay. Values have changed and Pewdiepie reflects that - rather than showing some skill based gameplay he gets views for giggles, or to be more precise, for pure entertainment value.

I don't think he's going to spend months to ever learn kz and even if he did it wouldn't mean that his skills would be anything impressive to watch or rather still be way below average, so imo he have nothing to do with kz, unless he secretly have played it all along.

But as for getting KZ more exposure, imo the main problem is how competitive this mod is, for there is nothing for new players to do except for sucking balls to everyone who have been there for over a decade. Well, also that cs 1.6 as so old game can't even attract new blood anyway.

Someone has to make a plus feature to the forums, couldn't have said it better propaans.

SwiftSpear14/03/2014 17:19

To be fair, graphics mean very little to pewdie. One of his most popular video series is Happy Wheels, and he regularly records indie horror games made in RPG maker etc.

I agree though, he doesn't have the time to master the techniques of a skillbased game like this just to make a video look good. I think he'd like the art tool... There isn't enough to do in KZ for a let's player like pewdie. He would want to push his friends off the cliffs etc.

WeMeRA14/03/2014 19:09

I think it's quite a great idea. Who cares if he does it in like a funny way, it will surely bring players. It will bring ppl who will not like it or like it. And maybe a few atleast will be really good at it.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.