Mapping Contest thread

Started by FuZzy1 mapper
01/07/2014 19:23
Page 3 of 11
elITe^04/07/2014 19:17

Originally posted by suerk789)^
trail run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfLCzD4QXs

could admin let me upload fixed file?

i was founded error....

thx


From the look of this video, this map reminds me of another map with different textures, if the map i'm talking about is made by you, then i guess it's ok. But you should consider making a new map and not just retexture one of your other maps (if you are the author that is) and pretend this is new.

Doesn't anyone else recognize the map? It might be hard with these texture (can be the reason he chose them...) I can't remember the name, but if i have to check every single map i have i will!

I'm pretty sure of this or i would not have said this. IF i'm wrong, then i will apologize!

Admins, you need to look into this.

dEMolite mapper04/07/2014 19:37

Originally posted by FuZzy1
You confused me even further :) So it works or not in mp? If it doesn't work i'll just use a trigger_once, and it will work properly on lan...


thats the easiest way. do it with a trigger_multiple with a func_door otherwsie the trigger_once wont reset on roundstart. do it with trigger_multiple

what i mean if its not working with Activator Only. Its then bugged since Activator Only was introduced for MP for the person who triggers it.

FuZzy1 mapper04/07/2014 19:49

ok, so it doesn't work on multiplayer... I will use it with trigger_once, because ithe fade will be on spawn, and it will be annoying, for someone who wants to record a demo, if it pops every time the round restarts.

PsYxOpAt mapper04/07/2014 19:53(edited 04/07/2014 19:54)

suerk789)^ is disqualified from the contest due to breaking the rules and submitting an already built map. You can check the map from here. https://cosy-climbing.net/maps.php/3493/kzst_b2d_bleckplan/

Please, try to follow the rules and do not submit maps, which were already built!

Credits goes tokz-sca|elITe^.

daza mapper04/07/2014 20:00

#rekt

jaguarBR mapper04/07/2014 21:16

http://i.imgur.com/VrHOH6F.png
(:

JustErroR^ mapper04/07/2014 22:36

Originally posted by jaguarBR
http://i.imgur.com/VrHOH6F.png
(:


Damn, man! I do too "china style" map .:lol:. But nothing like this, haven't so big houses or mountains. Anyway, keep going!

FuZzy1 mapper04/07/2014 22:49

Originally posted by jaguarBR
http://i.imgur.com/VrHOH6F.png
(:


Those roofs are from my dojo map :). But that orange doesn't really blend with the rest of your textures in the map.

SadPuppy mapper04/07/2014 23:08

Hmm....this may be a stupid question...but I base my map on my old longjumps map. I have prefabbed stuff from most of my maps and sometimes I use stuff from there too. Anyway the shell for this map is from another map and since I loved that atmosphere and wanted to use it for a 'real' map and not just for longjumps I thought it would be a good time to make this map. The rules didn't say anything about using own stuff / prefabs so I hope I'm not violating any unwritten rules by using parts of my own stuff?

I think is ok in your case SadPuppy :)
In suerk situation was clear the same map[or mby some jumps changed but still...].So,just work on your map because most than sure taking few jumps or some prefabs what are really cool,is not a break of the rules:) Alot of maps out there were made with most popular "prefabs" so dont see how could be a problem:)

jaguarBR mapper05/07/2014 00:09

Originally posted by FuZzy1
Originally posted by jaguarBR
http://i.imgur.com/VrHOH6F.png
(:


Those roofs are from my dojo map :). But that orange doesn't really blend with the rest of your textures in the map.


relax i put your name on credits
and i will edit this texture later

Cobrex mapper Tournament #205/07/2014 02:34

So is the deadline still 8th august? Just so I know if I must rush it by finding Nukk to test it (he is my tester lol)

suerk789)^05/07/2014 03:59

Originally posted by Stanimir Dimitrov
suerk789)^ is disqualified from the contest due to breaking the rules and submitting an already built map. You can check the map from here. https://cosy-climbing.net/maps.php/3493/kzst_b2d_bleckplan/

Please, try to follow the rules and do not submit maps, which were already built!

Credits goes tokz-sca|elITe^.


the cc map i made hv several big sc
i just fix those sc and improve jumps
but... sorry for bother

may admin allow me doing another new map..

PsYxOpAt mapper05/07/2014 08:54

@sadpuppy all good, nothing to worry about. In your case, you are taking prefabs from other maps (we all do). while suerk789 just submitted an already built and release map.

@suerk789 You will have an answer on your question later tonight.

Cobrex mapper Tournament #205/07/2014 13:25

So we aren't allowed to use prefabs from other maps, only ours?
(photos soon)

Cobrex mapper Tournament #205/07/2014 13:30

Ok, lets present mine : cobkz_*noname*
*any tips* *needs more testing, re-texturing, balancing jumps, fps drops fix*

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FYjQfwo.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zsSouM1.jpg[/IMG]

FuZzy1 mapper05/07/2014 14:36(edited 05/07/2014 14:44)

That looks really nice cobrex, maybe you used to many models and they cause the bad fps...

I have finally managed to make some screens, with some side rooms, the main theme is totally different...

*anyone knows the default values of brightness and gamma? I have them on max, and for someone who use default values it will be kind of dark...

Image
Image
Image

SadPuppy mapper05/07/2014 15:17

Cobrex, textures like the ground texture don't look good when they clearly repeat so many times...otherwise it looks promising I think.

http://i.imgur.com/ogcBfSO.jpg
Here is a pic from the end of the map :)

PU9makerrecord holder05/07/2014 15:39

im so glad we organized this mapping contest cuz i can already see, just from the ss's ! so many potentially awesome maps.
GJ guys. keep working

Page 3 of 11

Please log in to post replies.