e-dark, e-dark#2 or what's next? [Let's philosophize!]
Hey everyone, it's really been a while since I've been here! This whole site brings up a lot of good memories and well spent gaming experiences, a lot of old friends I've met courtsey of this damn game. Good to see you all!
I see there are still a lot of people who play and with the help of almighty time and space continuum they've set the bar real high now. Big ups for that you guys! But let's face the reality, cs 1.6 is really an antique game, well maybe not actually antique yet, but certainly a retro, so it'd be kind of logical to assume that an end to this game is inevitable. I'm not saying that it's the end, and you should all be uninstalling the game at the moment, but the end's going to come sooner or later. The reason that I'm writing all this, is because I don't want to see this community and game going to a cyber dumpster without exploiting it's full potential. And yes, I'm talking about the secret techniques that are not yet discovered by the mainstream of players. About the techniques which were safely kept by our beloved master coders and geniuses, who put in this community so much, we should be all grateful for. I'm talking about E-Dark, and if my old memory isn't betraying me, NumB. They for a really long time, knew a technique you could easily kill the whole point of KZ-Climbing, and all the work and input people put in mapping and recording. The technique, which could easily boost you to the speeds of 2000 u/s and finish almost every map in seconds. I appreciate their secret guarding efforts, but I'm a human, a curious creature, who doesn't want that potential to be wasted!! What do you guys think about this? Should it be released, what do you think about the future? Let's talk!
cs would never die.
Originally posted by Ducucs would never die.
1.6 will be semi-dead within the coming years
IIRC the 2000u/s myth was debunked after the February 2013 CS 1.6 update (the one that makes u have to set fps_max to 99.5) maybe it was possible before then, maybe it wasn't. i don't believe any such technique is possible to consistently recreate in this game engine in the current build though
edit: dont forget to still have fun on Silver ninja's cosy map svn_edarkjump ;) https://cosy-climbing.net/maps.php/3509/svn_edarkjump/
yea that was just a nice trick by Numb, to attract more people experimenting and mainstreaming existing bugs. There are no signs Numb and eDark have found anything like that. They may have had some partial theories about it, but I doubt there was anything useful for this concept. At least thats how I treat this situation from the beginning.
such a bummer :(
If you are talking about that kz feature where players could boost other players and jum alot higher , i remember it and it was really fun when i played firstly at Groza-KZ Server.
But its normal mate , if u play something long time it gets old like everything else and it will be boring then , thats why people dont play it alot , also more than 2 new versions for cs came out which is another reason to "stop cs 1.6" .
i'd love to seee the back population of kz/cs , it was
amazingly enjoying.
peace
future of kz is csgo, its not bad at all.. i was "hating" on it too but after getting to know it more it's actually really nice.
i'd love to see xj move on to csgo kz, only way for this site to stay alive for another 5+ years imho
I've played kz on csgo (with pizza), that was terrible. There is no slowdown so you just keep running and jump everywhere
Originally posted by g-LpI've played kz on csgo (with pizza), that was terrible. There is no slowdown so you just keep running and jump everywhere
yeah, i just played it for a few mins my first time too and i really hated it, but gave it another try like a week ago and been playing it alot since.. its nothing like 1.6 :)
1.6 movement is something special thats why we love it
I personally don't believe such techniques exist...let alone techniques knownonly by 1 or 2 people. There are more people that know alot about cs coding, rather than just edark and numb. Even so, it would have been leaked by now, it' the human nature to brag/show other people what has been found.
So basicly it s just theories.
Originally posted by kayneOriginally posted by g-LpI've played kz on csgo (with pizza), that was terrible. There is no slowdown so you just keep running and jump everywhere
yeah, i just played it for a few mins my first time too and i really hated it, but gave it another try like a week ago and been playing it alot since.. its nothing like 1.6 :)
I also tried cs:go kz and damn, I hated it xD the 1.6 movements and feeling is completely different imo, there's no game that can make kz better than 1.6 :)
1.6 movement is what makes the game special
When I read NumB's thread it was clear to me that he was
1. trying to seek attention
2. a fag
If this technique would really destroy KZ, why even make people aware of it? He would have forced the death of KZ by doing so.
Secondly there was his immature behaviour. It was very amusing to see how Bibo went hard at him. I remember he posted something like "Woowww, who cares about a 210 highjump you emo fag" lmfao.
What happened to you jack frog? I recall you being a really down to earth member of this community.
Yeah I really enjoyed reading arguments with Bibo :) epic shit!
In my opinion, the dumbest thing about the ej2 is how people still think about it.
In theory, no human can do it, it's like doing a frame perfect thing in a stupid combination of frame perfect thing, with incredible luck.
And even if you get it one time in one thousand try, do you really think you will manage to control the player ? 2000u/s is pretty fast, you'll just hit a wall, and cry thinking about all that time wasted.
So don't bother yourself with that mythical thing, I weirdly don't think Numb was a liar, just a smart kid seeking attention.
But who knows, his theory about the 64 units jump was pretty hard to believe too.
Excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain to me what is edark jump, edark jump2 and what is that technique about? It's the first time I hear about it? oO
Links to threads would be appreciated.
The edark jump is simply the double duck jump, groundstraffing and everything related to duck in general.
The edark jump 2 concept was "created" by Numb, about something related to jumpbug, who could possibly give the player an horizontal speed of 2000u/s, and destroy a lot of kz map.
Originally posted by NumBI know that this LJ technique is getting bigger and bigger. Do you think it’s a good thing for this to happen ? More and more people are starting to lj and I would dare to say that they forgot what KZ really means. Do you consider that in time from a climb community it will be longjump community ? Even though many people today believe this.
I agree that people are forgetting what KZ really is. But admins will never allow XJ to become Xlj. Those who think this should forget it or create their own community of longjumps. And of course it's bad... For example when I found sb (slide-bug) technique – no one did care and most of people even said, that it's old, not even looking on the demos... But when FoF said in public about the double-countjump technique that is also known for some persons like eDark-Jump category 1, people were like going crazy... But I can say one thing for sure - even if someone will make 295 units jump from already known techniques ( which is possible if including 18 units-bug landing), he won’t own KZ! There is only one way to own KZ with longjumps - it's eDark-Jump category 2, that is extremely private and has no prestrafe limit (sv_maxvelocity is the limit). But people won’t ever find it out, because it includes two more private techniques (both are uber hard & are still in secret & found by me ). Anyway, what I wanted to say - it's bad that people care mostly about longjumps. They won’t own KZ with them unless they will find the category 2, thing that is almost impossible, because they have to think in absolutely other way & while only longjumps are in thir head, they won’t get it. I'm a bit mad, that the most popular & main thing at the moment is longjumps, but I don't care much, because chances that it will become KZ itself are uber low.
Right there, the post who created almost everything.
Please log in to post replies.