ALL HAIL KZMOD
On behalf of sooshka and I, we think KZMod is going to be a great asset to XJ, particularly because of its great anti cheat system. The constant witch hunting of players might finally be abated, and we could finally focus more on gameplay rather than reading "x cheats, y cheats" and so on. Another great strength to KZMod is that it's basically 1.6 with a lot more features and dedicated developers with an open mind who can improve it even further. So let us all come up with suggestions and aid raptor/soulfather and its crew to make this a versatile and dynamic game.
Here's a list of things I think (kQbmig) should be fixed upon release:
Improve player animations - they're horrible.
Make player models square (not a necessity but would be nice).
New menu layout (current one looks a bit amateurish).
Cut down on all the homer crap.
Those are my top priorities.
Sooshka just wants random slowdowns removed from the game and that's it.
Originally posted by kQbmigSooshka just wants random slowdowns removed from the game and that's it.
not happening :p, apparently i'm the only one with it. nextttt
Originally posted by sooshkaOriginally posted by kQbmigSooshka just wants random slowdowns removed from the game and that's it.
not happening :p, apparently i'm the only one with it. nextttt
yes please remove them.
The advanced options menu needs to be reworked extensively. It is not very userfriendly and it limits the usabiity a lot, cause there are SO MANY OPTIONS and its just really hard to figure out what they do. I Know you, Raptor, wants to give us as much customization as possible but you have to do something about this. It's been a problem from the start and it's the reason I've never bothered to look at the advanced options cause its just a clusterfuck of options. Some of these options are also hard to understand.
This is constructive criticism please do not see it as anything else.
Animations in kzmod has been the issue for all I remember it, there is no one they know who can do them better than they are now. Maybe that's where community steps in with contribution but all the previous intimations for help (at least for this matter) did not get any response at all.
I do sincerely hope Raptor has enough dedication to bring to the community the long awaited 2.0, since it strikes me that Soulfather is out. It's quite a task to pass through all the hardships solus.
I love KZMOD!! And i really miss seeing the guys run on 'dem surf maps!
*cough* t0ni *cough*
a have a question. i use rinput for 1.6 to remove windows acceleration. is there one that i can use for kz mod or maybe i can use my current one? its called rinputv131seqZ1hPSPTz and it works that way. i open the rinput.exe and i type hl.exe than it injects into hl.exe and i have no windows acceleration anymore. i also receive an error a few minutes ago: error verifying steam userid ticket
Originally posted by silenxea have a question. i use rinput for 1.6 to remove windows acceleration. is there one that i can use for kz mod or maybe i can use my current one? its called rinputv131seqZ1hPSPTz and it works that way. i open the rinput.exe and i type hl.exe than it injects into hl.exe and i have no windows acceleration anymore. i also receive an error a few minutes ago: error verifying steam userid ticket
KZMOD 2.0 (upcoming) uses 2013's engine, so the mouse acceleration is fixed.
Though, on 1.6 you can just m_rawinput 1 since it got fixed in 2013's update, or when was it ... meh
Already tested 2.0 and it's great ... though some jumps seems easier in 1.6, but its just about getting used to the new graphics. I can't wait for the release of kzmod ... a whole new record list, just like XJ should do.
thx i also want to play kzmod 2.0 but i wont be able before september :/
I never played KZMOD but I will wait for 2.0 version of it coz many things r probably changed/fixed there. *WAITING*
I actually really enjoyed playing it when they fixed it abit and added the 1.6 weapon models and sounds etc. The 2 and 3 man maps are really fun and the potential for mapping seems really good. I also enjoy surfing so having that was cool.
:) What KZMod needs the most is new maps!;P Any mapper got out of ideas and wants to try kzmod mapping out? pm me: jlec_9
Raptor u can also develop some in-game map making :D
Meh, KZmod wasn't fun. I just wasn't fun when I was playing it, I don't like the graphics either. CS 1.6 is already perfect for kz.
It would be great if there was a way to port over 1.6 maps, as I understand it now you have to convert every single map manually which would take like 3 lifetimes if you were to port over most of the XJ and Cosy maps.
It would also be nice with a more advanced LJ plugin that does most techniques (uq_jumpstats hi).
Looking forward to 2.0.
@navvar I would like to see some of the more popular maps ported but honestly most of the maps on cosy and alot on xj I could live without ever playing again I would personally prefer to see some new maps made for kzmod, There is some really cool things you can do with mapping in kzmod but its just getting the mappers motivated.
Originally posted by SzczupaKRaptor u can also develop some in-game map making :D
Like this at 13 timestamp. But Reborn is a simple game with simple complexity of levels, I don't imagine mapping in-game with all the scads of entities that kzmod has. I don't know, I know nothing about coding/developing but I imagine implementing this will pretty much take you half life of the time to implement. Not sure if you were even serious but it's still a good idea :^)
They got all of the source code so i guess it's possible to make something that create you a flat world. U got some menu etc. to chose block change settings angle. It is possible for sure somehow.
I guess so, but only when it comes down to flat grounds and simple walls. There was a in-game builder on some hns block servers but the blocks it was creating looked really horrible, I'm sure you know what I mean. But what I was referring to in my previous post is a lot more complex entities, textures and other surroundings. Building a nice looking house requires entities, I don't know how in-game builder is going to fit all this stuff in one and how you gonna manipulate with it.
Anyway, don't know shit about that as I said so no more assumptions from me anymore =D
Beta 2.0 dont have option to open console, i know it should be in advance options, but fuck it, i spend 10mins on each page trying to find that shit, and i didnt, no even 1 word with console? Why just can't add to options to find it better, or make automatickly console open on `
Please log in to post replies.