KZ 2015, your feeling about it?
Hello. First of all to dispel all misunderstandings, this is not another kz-is-dead thread. I merely want to figure out what is left of our beloved or for some once beloved game and I hope for a big feedback. I know there are users out there who prefer to visit this site anonymously that don't usually care to respond but there's nothing wrong in appeal right? Not that our forums overflow of activity anyway.
Getting to the subject, kz has been my passion for all I remember myself starting from the adolescence that seems to have been eternity ago. And it has nothing to do with age if you ask, video games is quite a part of my life even though I dedicate it much less time than earlier but it strikes me lately with that feeling that the passion for kz is running out of me and it's noticeable with each day passes by. Being here for somewhat 7 years I was able to notice a lot of tendencies and there's no denying that kz has stopped thriving many years ago and is basically today a dead shell. But it's not the point here, you will get to it as you're reaching the end of the post.
I have been analyzing my recent lack of interest and I figured out some things. First of them being wrs are all the same. To the point where you don't have to watch the demo to find out what's inside because these maps have been played to holes in blocks and there's simply nothing new, no new techniques, basically nothing that can impress you anymore. And of course this mostly applies to old maps but the new ones are barely played and it hardly ever happens that it really attracts my attention. And it may be a dumb excuse but this is it, old maps is something different, there's feeling for them and there are memories.
This was the major factor but in extension to it there is the community again, that sized down to 100 users? There's a lot of luck if one new player will be an exhange for 5 that just went away, monthly. And there are no movies, they don't bang anymore, tjs are all done while jumps on new maps look random and they mostly are. I don't care if that sounds reasonable, that is just my feeling and my personal point of view. Cheating made its part too.
TL:DR KZ does no bang as before
Question: what is KZ for you today? How did your feeling for it change comapring to when you have started and to the starting days overall. What factors?
[blockquote]Question: what is KZ for you today?[/blockquote]
For me it is the same amount of fun today as its before, but with all new things such as "kzmod" / "csgo", consumed my time instead of doing runs.
Mostly, longjumping is my way to warmup my strafes and *have fun improving it* then switch to kz/bhop servers.
Nothing lasts forever. Actually I'm quite surprised that kreedz lasted for so long , look at any new generation games , they last max year or two if not even shorter. I still visit xj just to check what's new with people even thought I was never an active member of community , not a good jumper (never recorded) and not the best moviemaker , I dedicated myself for 3 years with moviemaking and made some friends that I barely reach at steam time to time , It's just computer game for some , but it grew into something bigger in our hearts. As I said nothing lasts forever , but it seems like we have some kind of fear to let it go and go forgotten , even if there will be no point in keeping it alive in coming years because of number of new cheats and lack of anticheats and demo checking methods. We got the most we could from this game , and therefore there's nothing more to reach or get , even new content like maps as you said will not satisfy people because they are used to old maps that built the memories and the game. It's just a question of time till the kreedz will go silent. It's still nice to hang out here time to time with you guys. I'm glad I could have been part of this community for the years even without dedicating into anything much. I had lot of fun and it gave me lot of experience into things I'm interested in (moviemaking). Who knows? Maybe there will be another boom that wakes up the scene , but most likely that won't happen. Be as it is , it was a great time here through the years.
Ahaha I miss those summers in 2009 where I was at a random kz server jumping on gigablock for 2 hours or more and never get bored, nowadays I know too much (not saying I am good) about kz, I think it is funnier at the start, even we suck balls, because there is an entire world to discover, however when we get better we find more attractive the thing of "beating" records, doesn't matter if it is on XJ or for yourself...
I always found awesome to do runs in certain maps, for me doing one or two runs in kz_world when I am bored feels awesome and nostalgic, I feel kz will never die because everyday someone pushes one limit, even it is just by 0.5 distance. It is fun how people do it better day by day, who ever thought of bkz_goldbhop in less than 1.30 or 257 lj? or failed 258/9 stats? No one... Who knows if someone can achieve the unrealistic 260 lj? Maybe in 1 year or 2 someone will, we never know.
I feel that kz for me is in stand-by, when I feel I want to "watch it" I just turn it on :) Feels like porn uhh? :D:D
I must say it's been a great ride. Some of my best memories for me to cherish were made in this wonderful community. But as fakan said, nothing lasts forever, which is a shame really. I personally stopped playing almost 2 years ago not because i was bored, but because the people i was playing with grew up, went to university or got a job. And Sure There Were Plenty of members back in 2013 but i was only truly having fun with people that were counting on my fingers. And Those people leaving kinda forced me to leave too, because i was not ready to build good friendships all over again. I stick around and edit some runs but that's something i won't stop doing. The one thing this precious community gave me was the realization of what i wanna do with the rest of my life. From a hobby, editing became something way more, right now I'm studying in Bulgaria's finest filmmaking university and i just passed my first year.
XJ will always and forever be alive, in my heart, this may be just a game but the memories you receive are just as real as anything, so to the people saying that this game is dead remember this, as long as you remember what you've experienced in the past years in this community, then it will never truly be dead, it will always live in our hearts.
Peace out <3 Yall
i got traced back to xj in 2007 from a forum in gotfrag, some guy made the nukejump there, people asked what he hell is this, and somebody posted... check out this website called "xtreme-jumps.eu" they have crazy people out there.
they don't do anything, they just sit and jump all day. lol.
I thought to became a part of that crazy group, and it's been 8 years since.
i dont know whether the time was wasted, or the time was well spent. it's a judgmental thing, let's skip that. i was never any good like most of you people, i think the max lj on block i ever reached was 252, but the exploring days were good. it's like falling in love, you know. the initial days are always rosy and cosy, then there's nothing excitement left anymore.
initially the little things used to excite me, every new map, whenever demos came up. I remember tarGet came up with two records with ea_highblock and ea_goldenblock and people went crazy. They started saying, "did u watch his latest demos? that's almost perfect".
Lol. Who guessed we would perfect up all maps so much, that there would be nothing left to see.
Demos looks like machine now, like everything is programmed. No flaws, no extra turns, just the right amount, you want it to be. I only download demos when there is a demo release, still want to keep a check on how much these "machines" have improved, it's amusing. Sometimes I see a demo twice or thrice when it's from someone I know or talked personally on steam, or we had been friends. It feels good to see how your friends have that capability.
Movies i havent downloaded for quite a long time now, mainly because things looks similar. Creativity has died down by a far, the same jumps are done by heavier weapons, it's nothing new to see. A two or three player joint movie (like wizz's sync nerve or moxx's the album) would definitely be amazing to see, I dont know why nobody is making things like that anymore, maybe people has less patience now.
Rotw's had been gong good i guess, but im doubtful how long they would go, eventually you have to appoint new moviemakers and keep the scene running. Havent seen any new moviemakers, so it means it's putting pressure on the existing guys.
Hell anyway. As long as it stays let's enjoy. Talking about 1.6 scenario only, a new mod like kzmod would require too much time to get used to, dont have time for that.
Things get ugly(read: boring), fast, always.
what is KZ for you today?
Just a community.
How did your feeling for it change comapring to when you have started and to the starting days overall. What factors?
Not as exciting, players now are much better and I think it was funnier when the wrs were so easily improved (2008-2010) that there were tons of world record releases fighting demos for several seconds..
For me, KZ is a good weekend fun even though I can't play much... The records are still easily beatable, the problem is that we all are getting older and there are not many newcomers
It used to be fun until they deleted 80% of my demo for nothing, I just lost any motivation to record again.
Almost miss the old 5 demo release every 2 days
I had almost 2 year long break from pc-gaming before buying CS:GO as I was surrounded by irl friends playing it. It's been a great joy to start competitive fps gaming again, but it isn't good for my nerves or mind.
So I started checking around XJ again and found out KZMod 2.0 had just landed. After a while I downloaded it and been enjoying it this week. It's a great counterweight to all the shit you go through in CS:GO with cheaters, bad luck, hitbox+hitreg issues, shitty servers etc. I feel relieved and the game has felt wonderful!! Movement is so fluent compared to the shitty csgo.
I bet KZMod will be the place to be. Sooner or later! Might inspire me to some clips again, stay tuned :-)
Kz of 1.6 was and is always in my hearth, for example I don't have the time to play it as much, as when I was younger but still there is some passion left! Though I miss the 2010 when the whole sceene was just just wonderful..
Kzmod is just like 1.6, Physics and feeling are just great and I really suggest people to try it. I had the same oldschool feeling when starting kz 1.6, some maps are very enjoyable in jumps and looks... This is also the right timing to be part of the recording epicness!
1.6-kz is really hanging by a thread, and I was sure I wasn't going to come back or get the proper motivation to play it again, but kzmod really changed it. I hope old(and the new) jumpers/mappers/moviemakers will do the same because on my case it really worked, so I will definately stick around for this one :)
Do the same and tell your friends! I'd really like to see wonderful people of the past. It does not have to be a full-time commitment. It's just fun, surely you have some time for it?
Change is for the better in this case, so quite positive thoughts here.
^ nice post sambb (and so good to see you coming and posting here because some of us still remember your WR's and that movie by st0ka... damn!!! ) ....... anyway your opinion just changed my mind a li'l bit to watch out kzmod, but it seems so much new installations, dunno where to look for them haha :)
KZ for me is checking XJ to see if it's still alive, sadly.
Originally posted by prad^ nice post sambb (and so good to see you coming and posting here because some of us still remember your WR's and that movie by st0ka... damn!!! ) ....... anyway your opinion just changed my mind a li'l bit to watch out kzmod, but it seems so much new installations, dunno where to look for them haha :)
Hi and thanks! I surely remember you saying nice words before on some of my earlier work :) Great to see you back again.
Installing Kzmod is not that complicated: Just install SDK Source Base 2013 from steam library tools, then the kzmod installer and use the kzmod-updater. Then reboot steam and run game to make sure game build is 2423 and your all set!
If the build is 1xxx then remove kzmod from installer and reinstall again, fixed the old version for me.
@CamelCloud: For many it sure is that way. I hope XJ people could change the map pool on their server to kz-maps only because I've never seen other than surf maps there :|
sambb if you never gave a real chance to surf then you have to do it, you will discover the whole new world for real.
I've been surfing for ~10 years and I find it fun, but it's still so different from climbing. For sure it's a whole new world, but there's no guarantee you'll like it if you love kz. Climbing is still the baserock of this community & mod so imo there should be classic kz maps on the server more often.
Checking my buddy ShoCkys amazing posts.
Originally posted by jusuuhI've been surfing for ~10 years and I find it fun, but it's still so different from climbing. For sure it's a whole new world, but there's no guarantee you'll like it if you love kz. Climbing is still the baserock of this community & mod so imo there should be classic kz maps on the server more often.
Sure thing, I just recommended, it's so nerves relaxing and visually beautiful in most of the maps. And just like in any other game it gets even more interesting when you become better in it.
Please log in to post replies.