KZ 2015, your feeling about it?
I still like it even though I don't play too much.
Also I love when a guy comes by like Novice, with that fresh style straight out of compton! I don't know if the community has changed too much, only thing is people don't use mIRC anylonger, that was a good place to connect with other jumpers.
But I understand the frustration from you guys, with the maps being almost impossible to beat nowadays, which is also a real reason for making the mapreleases more often, so that new jumpers are given a chance. I mean you don't come and spend 6 months to then beat terablock.
Also the new administration really given me a lot to look forward to, with the implementation of the new mods (surf, kzmod). Really happy with that, should make the community spread it's wings again and attract new audiences.
I don't speak with other users either or "network", so I don't see how the community is on the inside, but to me it's kinda always been like this on the outside, it's just much bigger.
But sure, we won't see goldbhop beaten with 10 seconds, but I still think there's a lot of thrills left in ol' KZ.
Well, it is something with low priority for me, but ill geek 249 in upcoming two years bcuz promised.
I have always been the type of guy that played kz on public servers, but it just doesn't give me the same kind of fun anymore as it used to.
Ive started playing kz mod lately tho and i really like it so far. It feels all new like 1.6 kz did, even tho it is the same in many ways. I guess i like the new maps etc and it kinda feels nice that all the new wr demos all feels kinda different, where the 1.6 wrs are just the same run, just a little bit faster.
I don't know, maybe i get bored of kzmod in a couple of months aswell, but i really hope people will give it a shot and i hope there would come some more real climb/bhop maps for kzmod, rather than so many axn and surf maps. :)
Imo KZ still kicks ass, and if you are not one who enjoys it nowadays, there are lot of ppl who do enjoy it. In fact, I see so many ppl geeking the shit out of maps. You can tell from the releases here or even on cosy. Not to mention KZ-mod is quite popular aswell.
I would even say XJ is at the most flourishing state it has been in past few years. There are tournaments regularly, mapping contests (thx to our generous sponsors), LJ thread is active every day, some legends still playing and recording..what else do u want? (only thing I personally miss are more clips/movies)
Ppl "dont like" KZ because they always find something they dislike. Truth is XJ lives and it will do so.
kzz1lla<3
deidi<3
#nohomo xd
kz will live 4ever.
i just want to come back and improve some wrs but never find the time.. really miss old times! Cheers guys i still like this community
in addition to my studies, sport, going out ect...i find a little time to visit xj, or play whereever on wherever kz server (only) for about 1/1.5 hour.....i think who really loved this community (i mean kreedz) he will love it forever
Finding less and less time for kz, but passion for it still remains intact. Of course, miss the old days when there were still so many new things to learn, legends to spot, hours to waste. But let's hope the kz scene remains for as long as possible, just because, we're not ready to let it go yet. The nostalgia and emotions still pull me back to this game, and I'm pretty sure it will, even years from now.
There are some guys beating hard/extreme maps (I love hard maps) so it stills fun.
Yep, I believe the record holders progressed a lot in the extreme maps section and some pretty impressive improvements of old records were made.
I see popularity of kz remained just about the same even after general 1.6 activity dropped.
More tournaments might be fun to watch in 2016 and could possibly increase activity. ^^
Dead
Nothing else than a feeling of obligation.
Please log in to post replies.