Another SecretBase WIP [Big Update I]

Started by Dalai mapper
30/03/2007 00:07
Page 2 of 2
Dalai mapper31/03/2007 07:08

what textures didnt u like?

s0liD mapper31/03/2007 07:33

most of them .. they are from hl1.. and that sux .. ex. look at thegrass texture it looks terrible.. atleast for me

Dalai mapper31/03/2007 07:50

o.O .. i like it ..

im now repainting some textures to cutomize them, but the grass stays :P



[ Edited Sat Mar 31 2007, 07:53AM ]

Dalai mapper31/03/2007 09:00

another problem here.. i really feel like im using the hammer first time :o

well, what ever, why do my textures look so blurred and softend?
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=texesuy7.jpg

Thats how it looks in hammer-editor:
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editorvergleichnj9.jpg
[ Edited Sat Mar 31 2007, 09:18AM ]

rinkon mapper31/03/2007 10:04(edited 26/07/2015 11:32)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwrbyVaC6EU

Dalai mapper31/03/2007 10:25

i actually now do know why this is...
I gotta save files as .TGA ... this is best compression for halflife textures..

edit: rinkon, u have made quiete a lot of maps, maybe u know how to help me with this one:
When i change a Texture within wally and save them out under the same name, hammer (or the compiler) seems to have a problem.
The changed verion is shown off in the editor but as i compile again then, the bsp still contains the old file :S

i cant explain that phanomen to myself ^^


**Updated:
PIC#01 > [IMG]http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4179/kzsecretbasebydalai07tb0.th.jpg[/IMG]

PIC#02 > [IMG]http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/1418/kzsecretbasebydalai08yq5.th.jpg[/IMG]

[ Edited Sat Mar 31 2007, 11:44AM ]

matty31/03/2007 13:10

yeah i did a secretbase map originally, started mapping it 6 months before rinkon's release. its finished totally, and I think it's good but i can't get anyone to do a demo because it's a hard map :(
There's only so much time I can try getting someone to demo without getting depressed so I kinda gave up, i might upload it to xj again as kz_classified and see if they accept it without a demo, but i doubt it.
i believe in community-based projects, so I've absolutely no problem with dalai taking the idea on, good luck to you

Dalai mapper31/03/2007 14:00

thx, matty, contact me on ICQ, I'll help you!
I know some ppl who noncheck my maps, they might help u then, too, ok? they're real pros, like GanGien or so :D
Can u give me the link to your file [not in this thread but on ICQ] to let me have a look at it? :)

btw, u like the look?

matty31/03/2007 14:35

yeah it looks nice. I don't think that a secretbase map HAS to be at night, but what you've done does look atmospheric. make sure you make some good jumps, i concentrated a lot on making nice jumps, there are some maps that look real nice but the jumping is not so interesting.
I don't have icq, but if you email me at [email protected]
I can send you a copy of the map. Nice avatar btw.

Dalai mapper06/04/2007 19:13

here's a little update:
The level outside is pretty dark, but i made sure you can see every block u have to jump on clearly!
so.. what do you think?
#01
[IMG]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7609/kzsecretbasebydalai11pi8.th.jpg[/IMG]
#02
[IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6615/kzsecretbasebydalai10mn2.th.jpg[/IMG]
edit: gonna lighten up the scene tho a little :S
[ Edited Fri Apr 06 2007, 07:20PM ]

colix mapper06/04/2007 20:56

looks rly nice, but if its a secret base, how t3h hell can that grafity be there?:D

Dalai mapper07/04/2007 14:22

well, i just wanted to bring in some of my photoshop-stuff...
anyway, i modified like almost every texture now to really customize it :))

so, im now leaving part1 ... what do you like better and open-area, or maybe a warehouse-like-indoor-style-area (nice word heh) ?

maybe a combination with another stopped project:
(watch out no RAD ;-) )
[IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3451/kzstoppedprojectty7.th.jpg[/IMG]
[ Edited Sat Apr 07 2007, 04:37PM ]

Volsfootball07/04/2007 20:00

lol, that was a nice screen of the old map, stopped b/c of the fps problems? :D

Dalai mapper07/04/2007 20:26

nope fps are up to 90 after running RAD... but as i said, didnt want to compile now for the light isnt perfect now anyway...

edit: I decided to make a block-part, cuz blocks rock :)
some new screens:
#01
[IMG]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/958/kzsecretbasebydalai15il8.th.jpg[/IMG]
#02
[IMG]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7581/kzsecretbasebydalai12ip7.th.jpg[/IMG]
#03
[IMG]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9481/kzsecretbasebydalai13nt8.th.jpg[/IMG]
#04 [its the vent-details :P]
[IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4803/kzsecretbasebydalai14md5.th.jpg[/IMG]

any suggestions?
please consider only first stage is done, so the dark areas in the background will have light too as there're are jumps
[ Edited Sun Apr 08 2007, 02:26PM ]

Dalai mapper11/04/2007 13:04

here's a new screen.
I prefered making the secret-base a block map as i think people prefer to jump these :S

here u go:
[IMG]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5333/kzsecretbasebydalaiblocwy9.th.jpg[/IMG]

Wonderbread12/04/2007 04:09

looks awesome dalai, did you draw that graffiti from scratch?

Dalai mapper12/04/2007 20:31

finally someone posting me v.v :D

Yes, in school i drew it ( and lots of other stuff, too )
In kz_icemountain the pictures u see are drawn by me too :)

Volsfootball13/04/2007 00:38

We have quiet an artist in our hands here.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.