FREEFALL - 2019

15/01/2019 19:12
Page 1 of 2
Phinx mapper moviemaker Tournament #215/01/2019 19:12(edited 15/01/2019 20:08)

Image
long jumps show featuring non standard technique world-records

demos
256_ljsw_fame
257_ljbw_propane
244_hjsw_Beterok
266_cjbw_Beterok
247_bhopsw_max3semne
270_dcjbw_Morpheos
274_wj_Desu
196_ladder_Beterok
272_dcjsw_mF^
244_hjbw_max3semne
245_slide_BuTaMuH
246_bhopbw_madekb
269_cjsw_Beterok

song
Dirtyphonics & 12th Planet - Freefall (feat. Julie Hardy)

editing
took me 3days, 20hours~ using shadow-play, hlae and vegas14. 1440P, 30fps.
why 30fps? ive tested 60fps and it looks bad in kz. Ive been using 60fps for years for my other game works like rocketleague, fortnite,csgo but in cs 1.6 it just doesnt look right. Especially with kz, 60fps makes all strafes look the same, they look blurry and the raw sharpness and edges of beautiful movement is gone.

FREEFALL

Image

- W A T C H -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Y1KNy1kbU




GoldenNinja15/01/2019 19:18

HOLY SHIT AMAZING

Nubz moviemaker15/01/2019 19:20

Phinx <3 keep it up

klinch15/01/2019 19:34

i know it will be good :)

nobody^15/01/2019 19:47

Ahhh, cmooon, relink!

its out

The edit is amazing however 30 fps is just too blurry for me.. I've seen tons of 60 fps and 30 fps videos and sorry but most of the times 60 fps always looks better for me. (Exceptions are made when the guy who did the 60 fps was a terrible editor, but then again the reason is somewhere else and not in the 60 fps or 30 fps)

Still 6/10 because I bet it would have been 8-9/10 if it was 60 fps.

sajkee. mapperrecord holder15/01/2019 21:00

One thing is missing,name of jumpers in video,good job anyway

jigsaw15/01/2019 23:23

nice movie! keep lj alive

fykseN mapperrecord holder Tournament #116/01/2019 00:30

oh it's High Maintenance remix! I love that track, you made my day.
godlike clip

ViDtam16/01/2019 00:43

<3 <3 <3 <3

zythH^ moviemaker16/01/2019 03:57

Not the Phinx style I was waiting and still got me surprised, glad to see you back mister :)

Have a good year my old friend

WeMeRA16/01/2019 06:06

Really nice & creative campaths and overall a good clip! Good job!

Cobrex mapper Tournament #216/01/2019 06:22

Hello my dear old friend, how are you these days? Back at it again or just passing by? :D

I did not like the clip overall. Seeing a 1min length was dissapointing and I was afraid you wouldn't take this too seriously. It kinda was that way. There are few meh effects, with the 'glowing' one being way too overused and even misplaced - this made the video feel monotone, as the lightning effect wasn't used to create depth, but more of a 'another start of a jump' thingy.
Saying this, I know for sure you're aware of all this stuff, hence why I think short clips don't suite you. Some artists have a great sense for subtle things (FoF, kaffee, level2), while others are better at intense moments (like sync-ing on a song's drop, aka Nubz, markan), or you're God at both (IceVip hi). From all your work (which i followed all the time even csgo), I think your strong points are the subtle things. I've seen glimpses of perfection in this clip and I really wish you'd make a proper frontpage movie, this community needs it!

I only wrote this much mainly because I'm glad seeing you again haha ... and its 6 AM; many memories from that era. Oh, and I hope you don't consider this post a bash on your work :) GL and share more stuff on private dude ...

Nubby-_-16/01/2019 09:50

Firstly good job! :) I did like the video and at the same time i did not.Here are the reasons, btw im not blaming or acting cocky, its just my opinion how it could look better, atleast in my eyes!

1.The fps - its like too laggy to me.
2.The colors - i usually prefer more natural colors, these were some kind of too dark and too hard, looked like cartoonized somehow
3.I would like to see the jumpers name on every jump, its like appreciating what they have done, i see that u put the names in the end but still i prefer it on every jump.
4.Some kind of intro, even if its with jumps, or some simple text with effect.

I hope that you will keep going and working! Happy to see active moviemakers again, cheers!

TonTo16/01/2019 18:10

Fkn banger

propanelj record holder18/01/2019 08:35

Nicely done

xTry18/01/2019 12:44

Originally posted by YellowMonkey
HOLY SHIT AMAZING

+1

g-Lprecord holder Tournament #118/01/2019 13:33

I loved that camera shaking effect following the players, it makes the video much more alive!

Kreedz history.

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.