Longjumps - The wider the harder?
Yo. I have been wondering about this for a while now, and there must be some good explanation for this, 'cause I personally think it's god damn weird.
It's about longjumps.. It's like they are much harder, if the block they are on are very wide.. Take the last jump of cg_brick for example.. That's like 238-242 or around there, right? Well, that jump is amazingly hard for me (have made it ONCE!), and if I go on kz_longjumps right after, go into 240-249, I can make 240-242 after some minutes.. Also the longjump room that starts with 232, 234, 236 etc. on kz_longjumps.. Those jumps also feel very hard for their lenght, while they are easy at 230-239 jumps.. And the ground floor there is also a little wider than the normal longjumps on that map. If you don't get a shit of this my conclusion is:
The wider a longjump's block is, the harder it is, of what I feel.
What's your experiences with this? Is this only me? 'Cause I think it's very weird..
- PuppetZ^
[ Edited ]
well i agree with u, but i think its not harder cuz the cs engine or stuff like that, thats cuz u/me/anyone cant see the path where u must prestrafe ( or wtf ) cuz its wide as hell dunno if u understand it ;)
over and out ;)
Same for me... :(
I think it's something psychological...
someone said that the teleporters makes it harder to strafe, so the lj's become harder...
Hmm..
But go on with theories, and that stuff. :D
I think it's something psychological...
ye ye i tried to say the same ;)
respect :x
If you have alot of rutine on ljing its not anything harder with wide ljs...
Then it's probably the teleporters, as Z0ck3r say. That also makes sense, 'cause all the harder longjumps I know has a teleporter between the blocks.. Just never thought about it could be the teleporters..
I think it's something psychological...
agree
don't think that it have something to do with teleporters
i did on a map once i began a normal wide lj as on kz_longjumps with teleporter and a same length lj with teleporter but a wide one...
the wide one was much much harder for me
the normal one also with teleporter was same feeling for me as on kz_longjumps
so i think too that it have something psychological
Do you feel the exactly same airfriction on the longjumps with teleporter, and the ones without, troublemaker?
for me it feels same
but it is only a feeling
a wide, with or without telporter, feels hrder to me
for example
the lj in cfl_jost(_ez feels much harder for me than the same length in kz_longjumps
but on cfl_jost there isnt a teleporter there
im my feeling it is only psychological
but its just the feeling
i don't have engine, math stuffs or so for that
Wider lj blocks make you think you need to make your prestrafe wider and you lose speed and can't make as long a jump.
That's why kzno_longjumps > all
yes thats true.. but once you get use to them its the same.. i used to jump much better in longjump maps like kzno and kzfr longjumps.. but now i get use to kz_longjumps and its the same..
I think (and have always thought) that kz_longjumps was the map where the longjumps was easiest..
[ Edited Sat May 12 2007, 12:16AM ]
]I think (and have always thought) that kz_longjumps was the map where the longjumps was easiest..
Well i think that the lj's on kz_stoneblock(h/ez) ar the easiest ones.
cuz at kz_longjumps i have only made 250, but on stoneblock i have made 255 like 15 times in a row. I dunno, it could just be that the jumps on stoneblock doesnt really is as long as the signs says. i mean like 255 is 245 and stuff like that. the mapper could of made some mistake when he/she made the map.
but thats just me.
FLR post a demo where u do 255 on stoneblock pls
Well i think that the lj's on kz_stoneblock(h/ez) ar the easiest ones.
cuz at kz_longjumps i have only made 250, but on stoneblock i have made 255 like 15 times in a row. I dunno, it could just be that the jumps on stoneblock doesnt really is as long as the signs says. i mean like 255 is 245 and stuff like that. the mapper could of made some mistake when he/she made the map.
but thats just me.
exact there are mistakes
255 on stoneblock is in real only a 245 jump
i did my first time 240 there
i went to 250 there @ fun and did it ^^
it felt that easy so i thought that there must be incorrect
some month later i saw that the 250 on stoneblock is a 240 and then i knew i did my first 240 then ^^
Maps where the units are incorect:
* kz_fairy_island - 220 (224), 222 (226), 224 (228), 228 (232), 232 (236), 236 (240), 238 (242), 240 (244)
* kz_stoneblock - 230 (220), 235 (225), 240 (230), 245 (235), 250 (240), 255 (245), 260 (250), 265 (255)
* kz_xj_brickjump - 224 (240), 232, 240 (224)
* kz_xj_ezbrickjump - 224 (240), 232, 240 (224)
* vee_nintendo - 208 (209), 216, 224, 231 (232), 236, 240, 246, 248, 250 (252)
look here
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/content.php?content.8#longjump_maps
[ Edited Sat May 12 2007, 02:00AM ]
Besides, on the stoneblock ljs you can easily land to the side and you slide right onto the block :P
I have problems with wide ljs too, its something about my pre, but not wide as in cg_brick.
Wide as in kz_sandblock, all those ljs and the 240 in towerblock_h is amazingly hard to me, but i lucked in my latest demo as you'll see
I think its like murvel said...!
[ Edited Sat May 12 2007, 06:25AM ]
Please log in to post replies.